Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #1
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Weapon carriers; a question

How many times have you used your concealed or open-carry weapon? as in, someone is robbing you so you pull out your gun? or, someone else is getting attacked or robbed so you come help them gun drawn... or even, some crazy animal is trying to attack you so you put one between its eyes?

i live in the land of restrictions in terms of guns so it makes me wonder if guns are actually used elsewhere... i mean, i've seen one or two videos of people being attacked and some kind citizen comes to their aid who is carrying... but those are just videos so it makes me wonder how common it is to actually use them?

Old July 26th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #2
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

You need to visit usacarry.com and defensivecarry.com . The reason you don't hear about attacks where weapons are used is the fact that they don't make the news. The story of a successful defense using concealed carry has strong political implications, especially nowadays.

Those forums have plenty of CC defense stories. I myself have never used my sidearm as a private citizen. There are a number of reasons, one theory being that you unknowingly present yourself as a harder target. There is some good reading out there on the subject if you decide to dig a bit.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
How many times have you used your concealed or open-carry weapon? as in, someone is robbing you so you pull out your gun? or, someone else is getting attacked or robbed so you come help them gun drawn... or even, some crazy animal is trying to attack you so you put one between its eyes?

i live in the land of restrictions in terms of guns so it makes me wonder if guns are actually used elsewhere... i mean, i've seen one or two videos of people being attacked and some kind citizen comes to their aid who is carrying... but those are just videos so it makes me wonder how common it is to actually use them?
Its easier to get a CCW in california if you don't live in the bay area. I know the chief of police for orange county lets any citizen apply for a CCW.

Don't even think about open carrying a weapon cuz thats just stupid (unless your a cop) There was an open carry rally near where I live and one guy got jumped by 3 other guys and they stole his legally carried unloaded gun. Thank god california gave us that life saving right
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #4
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
There was an open carry rally near where I live and one guy got jumped by 3 other guys and they stole his legally carried unloaded gun.
Sounds like he had no business carrying anyways.

Is it law there to carry unloaded when OC??
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #5
TeamGreen
ninjette.org member

Name: Keven

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250 Green, 00 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarC View Post
Sounds like he had no business carrying anyways.

Is it law there to carry unloaded when OC??

Yes.
TeamGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #6
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArmedCitizen
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #7
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

I'd watch the First 48 and then you'll see how many people will pull a gun just for even half an O of weed... it's pathetic.

Old July 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #8
whiteboy
ninjette.org member

Name: justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250r

It's not about how many times or even if you will use it. Most people will wish to never have to use it. It's all about outing your life in your own hands and being prepared than sorry and wish you had it. Just my 1.5 cents