Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old May 11th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Frustration for Haslam after teammate does the double

DESPITE his Pata Honda team-mate doing the double at Imola, Leon Haslam has been left frustrated once again.

Free practice looked promising until Haslam crashed in FP4 and the pace seem to drop thereafter. The 30-year-old’s best finish was eighth in race two after a disappointing tenth in race one.

Compared to his team-mate Jonathan Rea who blitzed the rest of the World Superbike field at the Italian circuit, Haslam’s results so far this season have been below his expectations. Rea’s performance on-board the second Pata Honda only adds to the frustration.

The Pata Honda rider said: “We’ve made a step but from free practice yesterday morning we’ve lost about a second a lap. From being able to do high 47s and low 48s on old, used tyres, we’ve only been able to do high 48s today dropping into the 49s.

“I was quicker on an 18-lap harder tyre on Friday than I was in both races today. For me it’s not been a good weekend, but it’s been fantastic for the team. You always want to beat your team mate, but it’s good that the bike is capable and for me that’s a positive.

Blatantly disappointed Haslam continued: “Also a one-two in Supersport is mega for the team but it probably adds a little frustration from my side because it could have been good for me.

“We’ve got a test here tomorrow so we’ll hopefully be able to figure some things out and find out what changed from yesterday. I know Donington well and that the bike can work well there, so hopefully I can start my season there.”

Tweeting after the race, Haslam added: "...I will sort these problems out if it's the last thing I do.”

Related Content

Caught on Camera: Haslam's USA highside
Scoop: Haslam signs for Ten Kate Honda
Camier to replace injured WSBK rider Barrier
Rea declines Ducati MotoGP seat
WSB 2014: Aragon race results

Click here for full story...