ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Notices

Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM   #1
kkim

Aloha, ya'll!

Well, Hawaii is the southern most state.

Thought I'd introduce myself to the board as well...

Born and raised in Hawaii... first 26 years of my life on Oahu, since then living on what is termed the "Garden Isle" of Kauai. For me, it truly is the stereotypical vision one has come to associate with "paradise", except for me, it is a reality. I wouldn't move back to Oahu if you paid me.

Have been riding motorcycles since 16 and have always had a passion for riding (dirt and street) throughout my lifetime. It also doubles as my hobby as I love to tinker and work on bikes just to see how I can improve them to suit my use better.

My long list of bike ownerships has, of course, lead me to owning a 2008 250R. What a wonderful bike this is and we should all be grateful for what a solid, sporting package we have been given in this bike. Is it perfect? No. But, is it a blank canvas into which we can transform it towards our interests? Most definitely.

My focus on this site will be mostly in the new gen tech section where I hope to share what I have been working on lately and also to learn from the knowledgeable base this site is quickly accruing.

But, what I admire most about this site is the level of maturity and respect all the members have for one another here.... something sorely missing from the other 250R sites I have visited. I applaud Alex for the fine work he has done in setting the "tone" and I, for one, will help to support him to make this site an even bigger success than it already is, in any way I can. Mahalo nui loa, Alex, for taking us into your home and giving us a place to discuss and trade ideas about bikes and of life in a warm, friendly atmosphere.

So, "belly up to the bar" guys (and gals) and drink to a camaraderie that I hope will continue to grow and prosper under the common roof of ninjette.org, no matter where we are geographically scattered. In this house, we all are connected as if we all live together.

Much like my move, long ago, from Oahu to Kauai, I think I've found a new place to call home.

Aloha, ya'll!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02393-1c.jpg (100.7 KB, 28 views)
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Much like my move, long ago, from Oahu to Kauai, I think I've found a new place to call home.
Great post, Kelly! Glad you found us here, and I really appreciate what you've been able to contribute to ninjette.org in such a short time.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM   #3
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Great post, Kelly! Glad you found us here, and I really appreciate what you've been able to contribute to ninjette.org in such a short time.
Thank you, Alex. As I see it, this is only the beginning.

Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM   #4
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Your life is my vacation
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:26 PM   #5
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD022588 View Post
Your life is my vacation
Hey, Nick.. when you are headed out here, let me know... I'd really like to meet you someday. Kauai is a great honeymoon destination... just ask Alex.

Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM   #6
NJD022588
============

Quote:
Hey, Nick.. when you are headed out here, let me know... I'd really like to meet you someday. Kauai is a great honeymoon destination... just ask Alex.
Hah, wish I could see hawaii! Kelly (the girlfriend) was out on one of your islands last summer but I wasnt able to go. As for the honeymoon, not for a couple years

Unfortunately, I've never left the east coast.

Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM   #7
kkim

Quote:
Hah, wish I could see hawaii! Kelly (the girlfriend) was out on one of your islands last summer but I wasnt able to go. As for the honeymoon, not for a couple years

Unfortunately, I've never left the east coast.
Just consider the offer when the time comes. I'm sure you guys would have a great time here.

Last futzed with by kkim; November 24th, 2008 at 12:19 PM.

Old November 24th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #8
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Wow, an actual picture of Kelly! You know, you look exactly like I imagined after seeing your video of your ride to work. You can really get a lot of info on how big a person is by how much they flick that camera around. It was obvious you were in good shape by the way you manhandled your bike through some of those turns.
I loved that " wouldn't move back to Oahu if you paid me" statement. How do you think that sounds to someone living in Jersey?!! Even Oahu would be paradise to them.
Your long list of past bikes explains why you're so proficient at concocting those great DIYs you come up with. You've probably done as much wrenching as you have riding since turning 16. I look forward to your future contributions K-man. You're a great font of knowledge to have around.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #9
kkim

Thanks, Wayne, for those kind words. I enjoy being helpful when I can be and will share what I can here as I have done in the past.

Dunno about living on Oahu, man... their problems are the same as any large major city (some even worse... namely traffic)

Me in shape? Ha!! it hardly takes any effort to flick the 250R around, which is why I love it. The lazy man's, Walter Mitty, GP bike.

Hey, I might be back in the Boston area at the end of April for work... are you anywhere close to there?? Thought maybe we could get together, if so.

Old November 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #10
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Thanks, Wayne, for those kind words. I enjoy being helpful when I can be and will share what I can here as I have done in the past.

Dunno about living on Oahu, man... their problems are the same as any large major city (some even worse... namely traffic)

Me in shape? Ha!! it hardly takes any effort to flick the 250R around, which is why I love it. The lazy man's, Walter Mitty, GP bike.

Hey, I might be back in the Boston area at the end of April for work... are you anywhere close to there?? Thought maybe we could get together, if so.
I'm about 60 miles west of Boston in Central Mass., but I get in that way pretty often. Let me know your plans as April gets closer. Maybe I can scare up Scooty and we can go quadding in the April mud!

Old November 24th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #11
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I'm about 60 miles west of Boston in Central Mass., but I get in that way pretty often. Let me know your plans as April gets closer. Maybe I can scare up Scooty and we can go quadding in the April mud!
cool... I looked up your location. I'll actually be staying in nashua, if I do end up going, so it's even closer to where you are, right? Enzo said to let him know too, if I ever made it up that way. I know he's in Florida, but he says he has a house up your way, too?

Offroading sounds like a blast!

Old November 24th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #12
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
cool... I looked up your location. I'll actually be staying in nashua, if I do end up going, so it's even closer to where you are, right? Enzo said to let him know too, if I ever made it up that way. I know he's in Florida, but he says he has a house up your way, too?

Yeah, Nashua's way easier to get to. Enzo's in Rhode Island when he's up this way, but it's only about 30 minutes from me. It would be very do-able, so keep me posted!

Old November 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #13
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Yeah, Nashua's way easier to get to. Enzo's in Rhode Island when he's up this way, but it's only about 30 minutes from me. It would be very do-able, so keep me posted!
cool, will do

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #14
NJD022588
============

Quote:

Long shot... but when you said you were going to Nashua for work it got me thinking. I worked for BAE Systems over the summer and will be again this upcoming summer. I know they have a location in Hawaii with their main United States headquarters in Nashua. So do you work for BAE? I was thinking you worked for NASA though. My job this summer was actually making a product for NASA.

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #15
kkim

I work for NASA. I might be up at MIT Haystack for a week long conference during that time period.

Old November 25th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #16
daddysmut
noob

Name: lenny

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r, 01 R1, 99 CBR600, KTM625smc, KTM525smr, YSR50 Haga rep, Ninja 500r, CPI gtr150, fiddies

Hey Kelly! i see you ARE asian .... sweet! thanks for sending me over here

next time i'm in Hawaii, i'm going to have to hit you up.
daddysmut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #17
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysmut View Post
Hey Kelly! i see you ARE asian .... sweet! thanks for sending me over here

next time i'm in Hawaii, i'm going to have to hit you up.
wait... lemme check.... yes, I am!!! Genuine, pure breed, half Korean/half Japanese.

Aloha, Lenny. You over in this area often? Yeah, let me know... we can go get some local food and

Thanks for checking the place out.

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #18
daddysmut
noob

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r, 01 R1, 99 CBR600, KTM625smc, KTM525smr, YSR50 Haga rep, Ninja 500r, CPI gtr150, fiddies

Quote:
wait... lemme check.... yes, I am!!! Genuine, pure breed, half Korean/half Japanese.

Aloha, Lenny. You over in this area often? Yeah, let me know... we can go get some local food and

Thanks for checking the place out.
of course, sir.

i wouldn't say often, but i've been there 4 times. i actually have some free airline tkts that would get me there.......if there was space available on the flights.

if i make there, i'll hit you up. i don't drink but i love some fried SPAM ketchup and rice

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #19
kkim

Quote:
if i make there, i'll hit you up. i don't drink but i love some fried SPAM ketchup and rice
how'd you know what I was having for breakfast?

please do look me up if you head this way. I see the kinda food you like and we have tons of stuff like that here that I would be happy to share with you.

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #20
daddysmut
noob

Quote:

please do look me up if you head this way. I see the kinda food you like and we have tons of stuff like that here that I would be happy to share with you.
woot!!! that's friggin' awesome!

if i make it, i will absolutely hit you up.

Old November 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #21
kkim

Quote:
woot!!! that's friggin' awesome!

if i make it, i will absolutely hit you up.
cool...

be sure to come hungry.

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #22
daddysmut
noob

Quote:
cool...

be sure to come hungry.
awesome smiley! u wait til you can see how much i can eat.

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #23
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

are you guys married or something?
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #24
daddysmut
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
its a father/son thing

Old November 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #25
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
pshhh... do we live in kahliforniah??

Old November 25th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #26
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:

*note to self - no eating AT kelly's place when I visit!
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #27
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
*note to self - no eating AT kelly's place when I visit!
hmmm...

Old November 25th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #28
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

Ahhhh it all makes sense. I was thinking, "What the hell does Kelly do to afford all those cars??"

That and I thought, "Kelly has a cool job out in the sticks of Hawaii? He's got to be smuggling cocaine or something"

It all makes sense though... Plus the more you think about it:

Asian + NASA = MONEY
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 11:30 PM   #29
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeX View Post
Asian + NASA = MONEY
lol... I wish... you should see my credit card bill!!!

... plus, you ever go grocery shopping in Hawaii??? .. plus, Kauai has the highest utility rates in the US, something like .51/KWhr.

man, talking about this is making me depressed about living on Kauai......

NOT!!!

Old November 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #30
NJD022588
============

Quote:
... plus, you ever go grocery shopping in Hawaii??? .. plus, Kauai has the highest utility rates in the US, something like .51/KWhr.
i think i pay something like 6 or 8 cents per KWhr

Old November 26th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #31
kkim

Quote:
i think i pay something like 6 or 8 cents per KWhr
ya, it's expensive to live here... we just call it a paradise tax and drink our cares away to ignore it.... little green bottles do wonders.

regular gas just dropped below $3.00 a gallon this week at the local service station... milk is like $6-8/gal.

Old November 26th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #32
NJD022588
============

Quote:
ya, it's expensive to live here... we just call it a paradise tax and drink our cares away to ignore it.... little green bottles do wonders.

regular gas just dropped below $3.00 a gallon this week at the local service station... milk is like $6-8/gal.
What kind of little green bottles is your choice?

How much gas get up to there? We went over $4/gal, but its down to about $1.60 now!

Old November 26th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #33
kkim

Quote:
What kind of little green bottles is your choice?
well, being diabetic, I try to drink only lite beers. but my beer of choice, right now, is...

Quote:

How much gas get up to there? We went over $4/gal, but its down to about $1.60 now!
regular gas was up in the high 4s before it started coming down.