ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #1
flippn
ninjette.org member

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Track Day at Apex (Perris, CA) - Aug. 18th

Anyone interested in getting out to the track this Saturday (18th)? Please note that this is a kart track, although the Ninja's do just fine on it.

This may be a good opportunity to test out track riding before you actually jump into the big track. Especially considering the cost...it's $38 for all day riding. I think big track experts will still find the kart track fun, the configuration is pretty technical and you can still drag knee. We may have to alternate with karts if there are any that day.

All the safety gear required for big track riding applies. Also, make sure to tape up your lights. I suggest you bring extra fuel, drinks, food, canopy, and chair.

Hope to see you guys out there.

http://apexracing.com/contact.html
flippn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #2
flippn
ninjette.org member

Here's a photo of me on the Ninja at Apex Kart track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG4585-L.jpg (177.1 KB, 12 views)

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #3
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Name: kit

Motorcycle(s): big wheel

Hey Neil! Are you and Alan both going? Shane and I may come up. The XR is almost together and needs a shakedown before Grange.
cynicalkit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #4
toua70
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toua

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 and Gsx-R 750 k8 (out of commission)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippn View Post
Anyone interested in getting out to the track this Saturday (18th)? Please note that this is a kart track, although the Ninja's do just fine on it.

This may be a good opportunity to test out track riding before you actually jump into the big track. Especially considering the cost...it's $38 for all day riding. I think big track experts will still find the kart track fun, the configuration is pretty technical and you can still drag knee. We may have to alternate with karts if there are any that day.

All the safety gear required for big track riding applies. Also, make sure to tape up your lights. I suggest you bring extra fuel, drinks, food, canopy, and chair.

Hope to see you guys out there.

http://apexracing.com/contact.html

Man! I have plans to hit up a canyon already that day. But let me know next time ahead of time and I'll definitely join you. 38 bucks for all day riding!? thats a good deal
toua70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #5
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
/jealous my engine is in a million pieces......... someone loan me their racebike???

Old August 13th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #6
flippn
ninjette.org member

@ Kit, yes the usual suspects will likely be there. Not sure yet if Derek will have his Ninja ready for this weekend though. He just picked up an older generation that he's converting to "17 wheels. Hope you guys can make it.

@ Toua & Alex, we're at the kart track (Apex or Adams) almost every other week. Unfortunately, this will likely be my last time riding in SoCal. I leave for Austin, TX at the end of the month. I'll have my buddy Alan visit this site so he can keep you guys updated on practice session schedule.

Last futzed with by flippn; August 13th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Hmm, unless i gotta work, tentatively in
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #8
flippn
ninjette.org member

Track opens at 8AM. W're usually there 'till 2-3PM. Hope to see some Ninja's on the track.

Old August 17th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #9
flippn
ninjette.org member

Anyone able to make it out to Apex tomorrow?

Old August 20th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #10
JBinSD
ninjette.org guru

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300, '99 SV650 tracked

Hey Neil, I'm Joel. I'm the guy behind you on the blue TTR @ Apex. That was my first day on a cart track, and I'm sold on the idea of Ninjettes and cart tracks, even though I haven't even ridden one yet. If I had seen this post I definitely would have gone on 8/18, I'm stoked to get in on this. I'll keep an eye out for the next Apex day, please post anytime you think a bunch of you are heading out there. I'm debating waiting for the '13 ninjette or trying to find a race-prepped '08+.
cheers,
Joel
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #11
JBinSD
ninjette.org guru

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300, '99 SV650 tracked

Woops, missed your TX departure comment above, oh well, woulda be fun, hope others will still be active @ Apex.
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2012, 12:28 AM   #12
flippn
ninjette.org member

Hey Joel. Great day of riding this past weekend despite the heat. Yeah, unfortunately, that was my last ride in SoCal...at least until I come back in a few years.

The guys I was with are regulars at Apex (and Adams in Riverside). They're usually there on Saturday's. I'll see if I can get you in touch with them so you can get out there at the same time.

Good luck with the Ninja venture. They're fun on kart tracks but it's nice to stretch is legs out on the big track too.