ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 21st, 2014, 01:20 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Byrne and Easton resign with PBM

THE 2014 British Superbike Champion Shane 'Shakey' Byrne has re-signed for the Paul Bird Motorsport team as well as his 2014 Scottish team-mate Stuart Easton.

38-year-old Byrne explained: "It has been another fantastic year for me and the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team, winning a fourth title, to make it two Championship wins from the past three seasons together.

"For 2015 I had some really interesting options available, but after weighing everything up the decision to stay with the team and with Paul Bird was a no-brainer."

Byrne has now won a record four British Superbike Championships, but the aim is to push that record to five BSB Championships which would then be a total of four with the help of the Paul Bird Motorsport Team.

"I am really happy to be back with the team next season as I feel almost like it is my own with the relationship we have built up over the last few years and how well we all work together," added Byrne.

"We want to be fighting at the front again in 2015 and our aim is to set the bar even higher and make it five titles!"

Easton will remain as Byrne's team-mate for a second consecutive year after winning the British Supersport title in 2013. In 2014, the 31-year-old finished on the podium twice before just missing out on a Showdown position.

The Scot has finished the 2014 season on a high with the PBM team after winning the Macau Grand Prix road race last week in China.

"I am looking forward to continuing with PBM in 2015 as in the last third of the season we found some real pace and it was very promising, so we can come back next year stronger," Easton commented.

"To be given another year with this bike and in this team is ideal for me and I want to step it up and run consistently at the sharp end in 2015."

The Paul Bird Motorsport team will be the only official Kawasaki-supported team in the Championship next year with Byrne even more determined to retain that number one for a fifth time.

Related Content

Stuart Easton to return to BSB with PBM
Byrne confirmed at PBM alongside Easton in BSB
Easton confirmed for NW200 with PBM
BSB: Bird Motorsport back with Tamada and Parkes
Byrne and Easton sign for Paul Bird

Click here for full story...