ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 24th, 2016, 06:09 PM   #1
dcarty57
ninjette.org newbie

Name: dave

Motorcycle(s): ninja250

Got my first bike, 99 ninja250, trying to mod it

Hey, just got my first bike in hopes of modding it into a cafe/streetfighter type deal i saw a few posts about but after i broke the bike down a little bit, I realize it's a lot more work than i anticipated. here's a link to what i wanted to do http://www.250r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1799
any help on removing some parts of the bike and replacing speedometer/lights would be greatly appreciated. Thank ya
dcarty57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2016, 06:53 PM   #2
HoneyBadgerRy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250, 04 KTM 625 SMC, 01 Xc250

Rip all the ratings off, install bar end mirrors and some kind of turn signals that mount onto the forks, boom budget cafe racer.

OK now on a serious note, what do you need help removing? I'm a FAM of the trail tech vapor myself, I believe they make fork mounted turn signals.

Old April 24th, 2016, 06:58 PM   #3
dcarty57
ninjette.org newbie

Name: dave

Motorcycle(s): ninja250

what do i need help with hm... well i have my eye on this 7 inch circular headlight with turn signals actually attached to it so that sounds really convenient. but i dunno if that'd just be plug and play or what. I'm worried about getting a brake light/back signals for the same reason. i've literally never worked on (or been on) a motorcycle since yesterday haha so yeah
Oh, also lookin at a "ACEWELL 2853 ROUND BLACK SPEEDOMETER COMPUTER" but i saw a video and it looks like hooking it up is a nightmare. i might try to just make the ninja instruments work...unless theres a simpler speedo other than the one i mentioned. man, i feel so new. apologies about any and all noobiness
dcarty57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2016, 07:09 PM   #4
HoneyBadgerRy

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250, 04 KTM 625 SMC, 01 Xc250

Have you ever soldered wires together? When attaching the new headlights and turn signals you will have to it off the old connectors, strip the wires, and solder them to the new lights. (Or you can cut the connectors, strip the wires, and use crampons).

You will also likely need to fabricate some kind of mount to hold the new lights on.

If you have any mechanicaly oriented friends, I reccomend you work together, the work isn't very hard, but it would help to have someone knowledgeable there to help you when you get confused.

The stock gauges will work without the fairing, but they will look pretty ugly. Pretty much all aftermarket gauges will be the same difficulty to install.

Old April 25th, 2016, 07:20 AM   #5
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Keep reading the forum especially the farkles section.
Welcome!

Old April 25th, 2016, 07:33 AM   #6
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Unless you want to spend the money for a Blue Collar Bobber Café Racer kit, you are going to have to know how to cut and splice wiring and fabricate parts. There isn't just a plug and play solution for the most part.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.