ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:02 AM   #1
Samer
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samer

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

Battery Lead Access?

Simple Question: How do you get to the the battery leads?

I'm going on an overseas trip in a couple of months (2 weeks long), so I bought a "Battery Tender Junior". In order to prepare ahead of time I'd like to learn how to actually access the battery leads but I have no clue. Do you only remove the seat? Some fairings? I haven't seen a DIY on this yet, but maybe I missed it. Thanks!
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:34 AM   #2
kevlar250
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): '94 Vulcan 1500, '06 Katana 600, '08 FZ1

Yes, seat comes up but you don't need to connect to the battery terminals themselves, although that is the easiest. I detest extra wires hanging off the battery terminals, especially since I pull my battery for winter storage. There's the main fuse just under the back of the tank (seat has to come up and the rear tank bracket might have to be lifted) and if you pull back on the rubber cover on the connector going into the main fuse you'll find an empty spot in the connector that will allow a 1/4" female spade to be inserted. This is after the 30A main fuse so the jack would technically be fused for protection although you'd probably want smaller (10A?) fuse for your needs which comes inline with the new jack I believe. You can ground to 1 of the 4 tank bracket bolts and run the jack under the easily removable tail seat for access. Also you shouldn't need a battery tender if it's going to sit for only a few weeks, if the battery dies that fast you need a new battery!
kevlar250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Here's what I did for a battery tender lead that can also be used for heated clothing:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Samer
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samer

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

Thanks guys. My friend who owns a Ninja 1000 and is very hands-on, came over today to help me out. We got the seat out, which was surprisingly easy. He put the leads on the battery and routed it through to the passenger seat in the back. So that way there are no wires hanging out, but there is very easy access to the wire if I'm going on a trip and want to keep it charged.

Cheers!
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote