ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #1
ninjaflav
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250R

starting/bogging issues

ok first a timeline of events to try and figure this out..

bike used to start fine even in cold weather.. as long as choke was applied

battery wasnt holding charge after 24 hours.. charged battery and seemed to be ok as i used bike every day.. when bike was running for 10 minutes never a issue restarting

k, added 2 washers to the carbs needles.. everything was perfect.. for 3-4 days

now bike will not start (starter turns plenty of juice but nothing.. like bike is not getting any fuel).. i jump start the bike and for first min or two its really like bogged down eventually as it warms up its fine.. (almost like its flooded)

after using it for a few minutes no issues restarting using the elec starter..

the only thing that went wrong was when i removed the tank to shim the needles i left the petcock on prime for almost a week , i have put it back to run.. but it seems this has caused the issue..

what should be my fix? think its the carbs? the choke?

anything people? i hate having to jumpstart the bike everyday .. like i said after the inital jumpstart it starts fine

Old August 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Sounds like the battery is on its last legs. If the bike runs fine once started, it's likely nothing to do with the fuel system.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #3
ninjaflav
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250R

thanks alex but that was a while ago now.. after charging the battery on a trickle charger.. and once i realized i left the fuel on prime.. after a few days prob solved.. well mostly still starts first or sec try... but takes a few mins to warm up

Old August 5th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Yup, these can be some cold-blooded machines. I find it warms up much quicker by just riding it gently rather than letting it warm up stationary.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote