Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

My Niece's First Ride!

She was so thrilled to go up and down the block

Okay, after about 5 mins of technical difficulties, now it should be up! Looks like it's working to me!

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:42 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Nice!

Kids love bikes and uncles that take them for a ride.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

looks like she definitely enjoyed herself... next thing you know she'll be asking for her own gear that fits
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:42 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
next thing you know she'll be asking for her own 250

Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:12 AM   #5
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

This is how it all begins...

... you could have atleast strapped the helmet on her. It's loose... that's bad... its loose and not strapped at all... even worse. Just saying. Still... glad she enjoyed it.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:51 AM   #6
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
This is how it all begins...

... you could have atleast strapped the helmet on her. It's loose... that's bad... its loose and not strapped at all... even worse. Just saying. Still... glad she enjoyed it.
Sad thing was, it actually was strapped! It was just pulled so tight the slack had no where to go! (The snap broke off a long time ago, I always just tucked the excess back under after strapping it, just in her case it wouldn't work that way)

Old November 23rd, 2011, 02:40 AM   #7
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Very cute!

Love how confident she is with the bike.

What did she say after the ride? Did she enjoy it?
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:11 AM   #8
TheTopher
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250F

Looks like fun, bet there was a big smile under that helmet.

Side note: I'm digging the ZX-2R logo
TheTopher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:03 AM   #9
nightmarechevy
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ZX6R

My cousin took me for a ride on his Ninja when I was around that age and it was a highlight of my life, lol. I knew from that moment that I was going to get a bike someday. I got my 8 year old son a scorpion helmet and pick him up from school once every week or two (we live 3 blocks away) and he loves it.

Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:30 AM   #10
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Very cute!

Love how confident she is with the bike.

What did she say after the ride? Did she enjoy it?
Well she's always asking me, "Uncle Zach! Uncle Zach! Can we go for a ride??" Fortunately my sister (her mother) was gone, she was off to work and Mackenzie was over at my place and out of school because she was sick. So I finally allowed her to jump on after making sure she understood what to do. You're absolutely right about her confidence though lol, which almost made it scary.

She loved the ride! We maybe went a grand total of 1/4 of a mile and never left the safety of the street right in front of our house. Peak speed was about 22 mph indicated on the speedo, so 20 mph ish in reality? She felt like it was soooo incredibly fast though lol which made me laugh. (Not to make me sound like a crazy Demon Squid)

Now, what did she say in that last part? I honestly don't know lol. She had a great smile plastered to her face and that's all I needed to know she enjoyed it lol. Normally I very much dislike kids, but Mackenzie was great that day so I didn't have a problem taking her out which left my mom in amazement

Haha thanks TheTopher! I really love that set of stickers too! That http://www.modmy250.com/ website is great! The name of the guy who runs it totally escapes me at the moment... He's here on the forums somewhere I'll dig it out lol. He makes them so anyone can pick themselves up a set!

@nightmarechevy : I only wish I had gotten to experience riding when I was her age! My dad used to ride some sort of Suzuki 1000cc sports bike back in the 80's, but a car smacked him ultimately breaking his back he's just fortunate that he was never paralyzed! Understandably he never went back to riding though which means I never got to experience it (he's seriously been thinking about getting another since I got mine though haha! Even if that means he's going to go the Harley route )

Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:54 AM   #11
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
Well she's always asking me, "Uncle Zach! Uncle Zach! Can we go for a ride??" Fortunately my sister (her mother) was gone, she was off to work and Mackenzie was over at my place and out of school because she was sick. So I finally allowed her to jump on after making sure she understood what to do. You're absolutely right about her confidence though lol, which almost made it scary.

She loved the ride! We maybe went a grand total of 1/4 of a mile and never left the safety of the street right in front of our house. Peak speed was about 22 mph indicated on the speedo, so 20 mph ish in reality? She felt like it was soooo incredibly fast though lol which made me laugh. (Not to make me sound like a crazy Demon Squid)

Now, what did she say in that last part? I honestly don't know lol. She had a great smile plastered to her face and that's all I needed to know she enjoyed it lol. Normally I very much dislike kids, but Mackenzie was great that day so I didn't have a problem taking her out which left my mom in amazement
That's so awesome! I remember my first ride on my Ninjette. I felt like I was going much quicker than I really was. I bet when you're as tiny as her the feeling is multipled. I imagine the sound of the engine rawring makes it seem faster too. Make sure she doesn't get you in trouble!...
"MUM! Uncle Zach took me on his bike and we went AT LEAST 100 miles an hour!"

I love kids; they're the sweetest things, but I'm sure having my own would be a whole different story than occasionally looking after/entertaining your friends or families kids. I haven't decided if I'll ever have any.

I'm sure you've earnt the title of "awesome unkle" now
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM   #12
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
Sad thing was, it actually was strapped! It was just pulled so tight the slack had no where to go! (The snap broke off a long time ago, I always just tucked the excess back under after strapping it, just in her case it wouldn't work that way)
Oh I see. My bad. I retract my previous comment then. You've given her the riding parasite... you should start getting her gear soon
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #13
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Zach, that was legitmate cuteness right there