ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Closed Thread

Old December 18th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #1
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

Thumbs down Got shunned by another 250 rider today...

I was coming home from my girlfriends house tonight and was about halfway home when an old R6 and a black pre-gen passed me going the opposite direction. I thought this was awesome because a friend of mine has a new R6 and I have a new-gen... Ironic. So I whipped a U-turn an gave chase. Caught up with them at the next light. We rode around for about 20 minutes and I noticed they were acting a bit strange. Eventually they both pulled off into a sonic so I stopped and figured I'd hang out and talk bikes with them for a while. Well, to my surprise, before I could even get my helmet off, the guy on the ninja gave me a death glare and yelled, "Did anyone invite you, asshole?". I was so startled and surprised, I had no idea what to say and simply cowered and said "I'm sorry man." and rode off. I've never even had a Harley rider treat a fellow biker that way...

Most of the people around here have put their bikes away for the winter even though the coldest it gets down here is low 40's. So I figured they would be as excited as I was to see another bike still on the road.

Anyone else ever have this kind of experience with any kind of biker?
Anyone ever acted like this to another biker for any reason?

Old December 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #2
k24_cm7
ninjette.org member

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): '10 250R SE

Why did you randomly follow another person.

I would probably have been the same

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #3
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

Because when I'm riding, people follow me around all the time. And I think it's great! And it always ends up with us stopping at a gas station or something, talking for a little while and then going our separate ways.

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #4
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
I can see why the guy said that, since you were stalking him. But he did overreact a bit.

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoucet93 View Post
Anyone else ever have this kind of experience with any kind of biker?
Not with another motorcycle rider, but I get the same response you got every time I show up at a party.

Some people will be happy to chat with another rider. Other won't. You can't just assume someone will be friendly and sociable just because they ride a bike.

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #6
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Never had it happen and never have or will do it to someone else. In my opinion we are all one big 2-wheel family and such. Personally I would have been a dick right back at him. I don't like people who act like a-holes who come off as if they think they are better than you. If a rider followed me and I noticed they also had a 250 then I would strike up a conversation as well. I guess some riders just don't see the 2-wheeled world as a family. Oddly enough I seem to see more of that douchebag attitude with sport bike riders. I guess maybe that's part of the reason that for years I liked cruisers and am still thinking about getting one in the next year maybe. That I'm just the cruising type of rider, not interested in speed and doing track days really.

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #7
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2006 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

I've had several instance when riding by myself or with friends where another rider we didn't know joined us. Being on a motorcycle does makes you part of a family and I (we) were always more than happy to stop and b.s.

I'd say this dude is an exception to the rule. Don't sweat it...some people are just too cool for school.

Old December 18th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Sportbike riders are some of the biggest ***** out there.

Old December 18th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #9
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

It depends on the circumstances. Once a guy joined the group I was in. It was daytime in a rural area that is popular with weekend motorcycles. (Julian,CA) No problems...

On the other hand, if it was at night in a city, wouldn't be too thrilled especially since you whipped a U-Turn.
CVMA #55

Old December 19th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #10
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

hahaha you should've been like "oh, well i was just stopping by to tell you you had a wimpy little 250 girls bike"

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #11
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

It does remind me of this one time when I was walking down a dark alley late at night in a bad part of town. This cute girl, maybe 19 or 20, was walking in the other direction. When she passed me, I decided I wanted to talk to her. It seemed a little awkward to start a conversation in a dark alleyway, so I turned around and followed her for a few blocks until we got to a more well-let area. Weird thing, though, is that she kept walking faster and faster as I followed her, until we got to shopping center. Then she broke out into a sprint. I figured she was kidding around with me, so I tried to keep up, but she was too fast and I didn't see where she went. It's a shame, because she looked pretty and I wanted to ask her out to dinner. Oh well. Her loss.

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #12
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Wow, that dude was obviously a huge douche. It's not like you followed them to a party at their house and started walking in the back gate when he said that. You were at a Sonic, lol. I would have said, "I don't need a %@^#^&* invite you stupid mother#%^@!&, *@*%@ *#@$%% *(*@%@* %@%%*%@ @$%&*@@! !!!^%#$& bleep bleep bleep bleep, breathe.....bleep bleep bleep. Then just sat down right next to them and ate.

Usually when someone stops to talk and it's obvious they have the same hobby as you, it's a friendly situation. Especially when that hobby isn't that common.

Old December 19th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #13
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

I'd just remember the bike .... one day you will see him out solo and he will want to ride with you, maybe even chat... then give him his line right back (but pull out a .45 for +1 **** his pants factor)

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:47 AM   #14
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

Maybe he was showing out for his R6 buddy? I dunno. I mean I dont actively chase other bikers, but if one pulls up beside me I'll nod and such. Unless its EsrTek, then I'll run away, he scares me

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #15
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

that was kinda creepy of you

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #16
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

I don't know...that was kinda douchebaggery of the guy to say that to you IMHO. So you busted a U and followed them...big deal. I would have at least waited to hear what you had to say.

If they had paid a little more attention to what kinda bike you were riding when you pulled in by them they would have known you were no threat.

But you learned a valuable lesson, and that's not all riders, regardless of what they ride, are cool. Keep that in mind.

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #17
cbdallas
ninjette.org guru

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R

I gotta say....if someone ended up at the same place as I by chance and struck up a conversation, I'd be fine with it, but if I witness someone pull a U-turn and chase me down, I may be a bit on the defensive. Not saying his response was appropriate, but I think you may have been expecting too much considering the scenerio.

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #18
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I would probably think the same if you followed me for 20 minutes. If it was a gas station and you happened to pull in, I would be more than happy to strike up a conversation.

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #19
Gregg_VA
Lucid, yet unaware.

Name: Gregg

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Goldwing; 2009 KLR-650; 2011 Ninja 250; 2010 FJR-1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
It does remind me of this one time when I was walking down a dark alley late at night in a bad part of town. This cute girl, maybe 19 or 20, was walking in the other direction. When she passed me, I decided I wanted to talk to her. It seemed a little awkward to start a conversation in a dark alleyway, so I turned around and followed her for a few blocks until we got to a more well-let area. Weird thing, though, is that she kept walking faster and faster as I followed her, until we got to shopping center. Then she broke out into a sprint. I figured she was kidding around with me, so I tried to keep up, but she was too fast and I didn't see where she went. It's a shame, because she looked pretty and I wanted to ask her out to dinner. Oh well. Her loss.
Haha.... "My girlfriend says I might be a stalker... well, she's not my girlfriend yet"
IBA #485, Goldwing Darkside #646
http://va-ldrider.blogspot.com

Old December 19th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #20
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Name: Eva

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

I probably would've pepper sprayed you.

Old December 19th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #21
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Ive never flipped a bitch to say whats up to another dude on a bike, but if me and my buddies were out ridding and someone did and stopped with us and started chatting us up I can guarantee none of us would ever say **** like that. We all love bikes and like new biker friends. Thats definitely not normal in my experience. Went out for a ride Saturday and saw tons of dudes on bikes, if they didnt initiate a wave I always did. Every single dude waved at me or waved back. And they were all on cruisers..

idk man, while that does seem a bit excessive to flip a bitch, they pulled over at a sonic which was smart since they didnt know you, but they should have waited to see what you wanted, and when you started talking about your bike and your intentions were known then everything should have been cool. idk though. Seems like a douche to me

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #22
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

i LOL'd when i read OP's post. i would never follow somebody like that randomly especially if they are complete strangers. if that happened to me, i'd be pretty creeped out too. a simple bike wave will suffice.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #23
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
i LOL'd when i read OP's post. i would never follow somebody like that randomly especially if they are complete strangers. if that happened to me, i'd be pretty creeped out too. a simple bike wave will suffice.
Yeah, I have to agree with that. Honestly, if someone obviously intentionally followed me for 20 minutes, I'd be tempted to ride to a fire or police station before I got off the bike (course, I'm a small woman who rides solo, so perhaps I'm more paranoid than necessary).

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #24
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Lol come on guys. It's not like he was stalking them in a windowless van, he was on a bike as well. And he wasn't chasing some girl by herself in a dark alley. It was two dudes and they stopped at a sonic.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #25
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Lol come on guys. It's not like he was stalking them in a windowless van, he was on a bike as well. And he wasn't chasing some girl by herself in a dark alley. It was two dudes and they stopped at a sonic.
Exactly.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #26
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
I totally agree. Now if it had been just the opposite with it being 2 riders chasing after 1, then it might be a different story.

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #27
MustangGuy
ninjette.org member

Name: Roy

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 650

People in general can be weird. If I came across another ninjette rider I'd wave or nod and I'd welcome a chance to chat but only if I got some kind of friendly feedback from the other rider. Similar things have happened to me regarding classic cars. I've never actively followed anyone, but some times people aren't as friendly as ya might expect. I haven't really met anybody while out riding, but I can say that I've encountered some of the most stuck up a-holes while trying to share my classic car enthusiasm. That cool ones you meet do make up for it though.

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #28
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

I've run into a couple groups, and kindly asked if I may join them. So far I've had good luck, but you don't want to be to stalkerish. If they don't seem to care that you're there or seem to run away from you, just go along your way. There's no need to make people angry. If I had someone follow me I'd be a little apprehentious about someone following me. If I have a destination to go to I'm not going to stop to ask unless they are getting annoying. But, if I'm out for a spirited ride then maybe I'll make a stop to talk.

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #29
Socal5646
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2011 150cc chinaman scooter

Quote:

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #30
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Talking

Quote:
Dunno if serious or awesome at trolling

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #31
kcaja1
ninjette.org member

Name: Ross

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R

Quote:
We rode around for about 20 minutes and I noticed they were acting a bit strange. Eventually they both pulled off into a sonic so I stopped and figured I'd hang out and talk bikes with them for a while.
How long did you plan to ride with them, anyway? You already sensed they were acting a bit strange and that should have turned you off already.
Personally, I won't do such thing (as you did). You were a complete stranger to them and vice-versa. There were so many variables to think about. What if these guys were member of gangs and thought you were an enemy or something. They could have shot you right there, etc. etc.
Chatting at a random place is OK but following somebody??? That's nuts!

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #32
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

wow that was such a D*ck maybe they had something important to talk about or illegal but whatever its the past now were are in the now dont let it get to you

Old December 19th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #33
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Commonality

The only thing I have in common with another rider, for sure, is a motorcycle. And I leave it at that, which is just MY way. Not to say I don't know dozens of riders, I do. Not to say I'd tell you sod off, I wouldn't. I'd welcome you.

On the subject, in over 40+ years of riding periods, waving and a brotherhood feeling wasn't existent. Only in your own group (gang) etc. was there and depth of comraderie. Though I do pull up and ride behind others on the same road, especially highways, nowadays, just for safety.

Old December 19th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #34
onetruevibe
Love Rival

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Dude, get your own friends. Bangin' a uey to follow a couple strangers is...odd.

Old December 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #35
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeDaHeLL View Post
I've built up an immunity.

Old December 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #36
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I don't straight up follow someone, but if I stop somewhere and see a bike, I will stop and say hi. That being said, the only random cyclists that I've talked to have all been older guys and have all been really really nice. I'm not sure how nice a few of the guys my age in town would be though if some random person followed them. Honestly I'm not sure how personable I would be if I was followed for any distance while I was going to sonic with a friend.

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #37
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

Seems a bit harsh to me. On the positive side, It sounds like he saved you the time it would have taken otherwise to figure out you were hanging out with a complete tool.

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #38
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeDaHeLL View Post
I wouldn't have followed you. You are a girl, therefore you have cooties. I dont wanna catch that ****!

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #39
SephiaSputnik
ninjette.org member

Name: Laura

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki SV 650, Ninja 250

Its really sad though that I read this and in my own mind I'm thinking odd stuff happens to me all the time when I'm out riding just because I'm a girl. I always get lots of weird attention I don't really want and I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone followed me for a long time. Thankfully the weird stuff usually happens with people with good intentions.

Maybe next time get a better feel for the situation by trying to wave at em or say hi at the stoplight. If they don't respond then they're probably not friendly.

Old December 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #40
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

OP, did you consider that maybe the two riders were on a date together and you were the unwanted fifth wheel?
Maybe, just maybe, the pre-gen 250R rider had just met the R6 rider, and they both decided it'd be romantic to ride their bikes down to Sonic. When the pre-gen rider saw that you, a new-gen rider, were following, he got irate. He didn't want his new b/f to leave him for the dude with the cooler looking, newer bike, ya dig?

Just a thought.

Maybe they weren't a homosexual couple, but you've still got to look at all the variables. Why else would a grown man get offended by another grown man interfering in a couple's ride, without at least hearing out first what the interfering rider had to say?

I hope this didn't come off as homophobic.

Closed Thread