Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old May 5th, 2015, 11:10 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Vicki Golden Makes Supercross History

Suzuki RM-Z250 rider, Vicki Golden,*will forever be in the*history books as the first female rider to make the evening program at an AMA/FIM Supercross event.*Golden made series history Saturday in Las Vegas at the final round of the 2015 FIM/AMA Supercross season in front of 35,241 fans at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Golden, who made her Eastern Regional 250SX Class debut on February 14 at Arlington, Texas’ AT&T Stadium, qualified 35th out of 42 riders. Her latest groundbreaking achievement is part of a series of firsts for the sport, which also includes becoming the first female in history to complete Ricky Carmichael’s Road to Supercross in AMSOIL Arenacross last season, earning her 250SX Class license to attempt to qualify for a Monster Energy Supercross race. In 2011, Golden became the first female to qualify for an AMSOIL Arenacross Lites Class Main Event.

“This is all so surreal right now,” Golden exclaimed. “Last week after East Rutherford I thought it was over. I didn’t expect to come here to Vegas and we learned a few days ago that we had the opportunity, so I figured let’s go out there and give it one last shot. It’s been a rough season and about everything that could go wrong has.

“I recently learned I’ve been battling mono since November and it’s taken about everything I have just to put in one fast lap. I’ve felt so tired and I haven’t been doing any riding during the week. I’ve just showed up and raced, but this week I put in a little riding once we learned we’d be coming to Vegas and everything worked out. I’ve accomplished the goal I set out to achieve this season.”

Vicki Golden Makes Supercross History appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...