ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 10th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[sportrider - latest stories] - Nicky Hayden completes Ducati test at Jerez with the

Nicky Hayden completes Ducati test at Jerez with the GP12

Nicky Hayden gets his opportunity to ride the 2012 Desmosedici GP12 1000cc prototype at JerezNicky Hayden’s best MotoGP memories are from the 990cc era, so it’s easy to say he was looking forward to his chance to ride the 1000cc Desmosedici GP12 prototype on Saturday at Jerez, following his teammate Valentino Rossi’s much-heralded ride on Friday. The 2006 MotoGP World Champion has seemingly struggled to come to terms with high corner speed/less wheelspin world of the 800cc MotoGP era, and you can bet he wasn’t exactly bummed out when the FIM and Dorna decided to bring back the big-displacement machines back to the premier class in 2012.

Unfortunately, Hayden’s test day didn’t start out as beautiful as Rossi’s test on Friday. Overcast and foggy conditions meant that the Jerez circuit was wet for most of the morning, and the Kentucky Kid was depressed at the thought that he might not get to throw a leg over the GP12. “I was pretty disappointed,” admitted Hayden. “When I woke up this morning, the sky was really gray and the track was completely wet. I didn’t think we’d be able to do anything because it wouldn’t have made sense to waste a day testing in those conditions.”

Photo Gallery: Nicky Hayden completes Ducati test at Jerez with GP12 - Sport Rider Magazine

Nicky Hayden completes Ducati test at Jerez with the GP12 | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

Click here for full story...