ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Notices

View Poll Results: How many days should there be for a challenge to be met?
1 day 4 7.41%
2 days 6 11.11%
3 days 20 37.04%
4 days 2 3.70%
5 days 4 7.41%
6 days 1 1.85%
7 days 18 33.33%
8 days 0 0%
9 days 0 0%
10 days 1 1.85%
11 days 0 0%
12 days 0 0%
13 days 0 0%
14 days 3 5.56%
15 days 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 17th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #1
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Picture game challenge time

As promised and due to complaints (do the complaints ever stop?) on it now being too short (before it was that there wasn't any enforcement on a time limit), I am having a poll on what most people feel is a proper time limit for the challenges.

The whole reason is that the ORIGINAL game rules put a time limit of 24hrs. We never actually followed that rule because even from the beginning it was felt that it was just too short. Also since that original game was meant to have a winner earning a prize they had more reason for the short time frame.

We however are just trying to have fun and go explore. I had suggested a time frame of 3 days for normal riding season and 1 week for off-season. Most seemed to agree. However, it seems that this is still not satisfactory and some feel it is too short. Since we do NOT want the game stalling again for weeks/months on end and coming close to being forgotten like it almost was a couple of times, we all have at one point or another agreed there needs to be a time limit. So what do you feel is a good limit to keep the game moving but also allow enough time for the challenge to be met?

I left it open to 15 days (that's the max amount of slots a poll can be) and allowed for you chose more than one option. If you do chose more than one please clarify your options as to why. This is the only way I can think of to truly give people what they want.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #2
sombo

Old December 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Voted for 3 days. I think outside of winter, that should be plenty of time to allow people to get a picture without completely freezing up the game. I also think it should be slightly longer DURING the winter since some have to deal with snow and ice....just my
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I voted for 2 days. I was excessively annoyed to check the picture game for 5+ days straight to find that no one had gotten the challenge. I feel like 1 day is too short and 3 days is pushing it. With the amount of forum members we have, we should easily be able to get any reasonable challenge within 2-3 days.

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:49 AM   #5
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

3 days should be enough IMO. But people take these games too serious, lighten up its suppose to be so people can get out and ride and see new things.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #6
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

I like the 3 days during most people's summer and 1 week during the off season.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #7
reaperw
ninjette.org member

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

90 days thats when i could play next so i dont care lol
reaperw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2011, 09:27 AM   #8
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

There's no reason three days shouldn't work for everyone. There's no reason a person can't fit the picture game into their forty-hour work-week with their daily commute. Especially if they're supposed to ride a hundred miles out of their way to find a waterfall or something. And if there's no daylight to take the picture when they get there, that just means they should have called in sick so that they could get it. Yeah, three days is more than enough. Who cares about work scedules, or school, or family? If you're playing the picture game, everything else should be secondary!

I voted for seven (7) days.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM   #9
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I'm quite fond of the current challenge time limit. I think if I don't get the challenge in 3 days then I'm just not putting my heart into it! A week when the player count goes down (during winter) sounds good to me too.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson21 View Post
There's no reason three days shouldn't work for everyone. There's no reason a person can't fit the picture game into their forty-hour work-week with their daily commute. Especially if they're supposed to ride a hundred miles out of their way to find a waterfall or something. And if there's no daylight to take the picture when they get there, that just means they should have called in sick so that they could get it. Yeah, three days is more than enough. Who cares about work scedules, or school, or family? If you're playing the picture game, everything else should be secondary!

Not everyone even has waterfalls within decent driving distance. Does that mean we should exclude that as a challenge? I don't think so. Just like everyone won't be able to do all the challenges due to location, not everyone will be able to participate in EVERY challenge due to schedules.

If some people are THAT busy,they can't take the time to snap a pic while they're out riding then just wait until you have a day off or something?

Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:23 PM   #11
KJohnson21

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson21 View Post

This is my opinion.

( Maybe one of these will help people understand: , , )

Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM   #12
KJohnson21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Not everyone even has waterfalls within decent driving distance. Does that mean we should exclude that as a challenge? I don't think so. Just like everyone won't be able to do all the challenges due to location, not everyone will be able to participate in EVERY challenge due to schedules.

If some people are THAT busy,they can't take the time to snap a pic while they're out riding then just wait until you have a day off or something?

So, if the time limit for the challenge, the one that you can get the perfect picture for, expires before you get a day off, then that's too bad. Got it.

Have fun with the game.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM   #13
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
3 days should be enough IMO. But people take these games too serious, lighten up its suppose to be so people can get out and ride and see new things.
Exactly this. All these rules are bullshit. Put up a challenge, and if nobody comes up with anything after a few days, discuss the possibility of changing the challenge. Most people will probably go along with it. But if someone says "oh I'll get this tomorrow on my way home," well, give it another day before moving on...

It doesn't have to be as structured as you guys are trying to make it. Just have fun...

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM   #14
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Exactly this. All these rules are bullshit. Put up a challenge, and if nobody comes up with anything after a few days, discuss the possibility of changing the challenge. Most people will probably go along with it. But if someone says "oh I'll get this tomorrow on my way home," well, give it another day before moving on...

It doesn't have to be as structured as you guys are trying to make it. Just have fun...
Problem is that when that was the norm, the game kept getting forgotten, frozen, others would complain that because it was a challenge they couldn't get that they couldn't play, etc etc. The rules are based off of the original game from another forum and in place to try and keep the game moving, nothing more. And so far the ONLY real rules are to be a ninjette forum member, nothing illegal or dangerous, and the time limit on challenges. People asked for the time limit, then others complain, then it gets forgotten and people complain, then it gets changed and enforced and people complain..... are we seeing a pattern yet? No matter what we try to do people are complaining. So after Jan 1 the two top picked times will be the ones being used.... END OF STORY! Don't like it, then don't play, just for the love of the motorcycle gods WOULD EVERYONE STOP F***ING B*****ING ABOUT EVERYTHING WE TRY TO GIVE YOU FOR THE GAME?!!!

/rant off

Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:58 AM   #15
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Problem is that when that was the norm, the game kept getting forgotten, frozen, others would complain that because it was a challenge they couldn't get that they couldn't play, etc etc. The rules are based off of the original game from another forum and in place to try and keep the game moving, nothing more. And so far the ONLY real rules are to be a ninjette forum member, nothing illegal or dangerous, and the time limit on challenges. People asked for the time limit, then others complain, then it gets forgotten and people complain, then it gets changed and enforced and people complain..... are we seeing a pattern yet? No matter what we try to do people are complaining. So after Jan 1 the two top picked times will be the ones being used.... END OF STORY! Don't like it, then don't play, just for the love of the motorcycle gods WOULD EVERYONE STOP F***ING B*****ING ABOUT EVERYTHING WE TRY TO GIVE YOU FOR THE GAME?!!!

/rant off
+1

... and judging by the poll results so far, the majority of peeps like it how it is right now... 3 days on season and 7 days off.

Also... hugs for @sombo It's just a game! .... It's all just a game!... see that!... Deep stuff I chew nuts, climb trees and think about space and time.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM   #16
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Quote:

/rant off
+1

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #17
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Poll the top 10 picture posters in that thread.

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #18
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Question: What happens if a challenge isn't met within the allotted time? Is it game over?

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #19
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Question: What happens if a challenge isn't met within the allotted time? Is it game over?
No, the person that set that challenge just gets to set a new one is all.

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #20
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Okay, I'm gonna have to join in on the fun even though all I got is a race bike. Prolly will just load it on the back on my truck and drive around like a tool taking pics.

So, is the pic thread still going on? We should start a new one for 2012. Someone who has "A" on ignore list start the thread so he can't post in that thread.

Old December 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #21
redline0889
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R

3 days on season and 7 days off season sound perfectly reasonable for me. If you have time to ride your bike, you should have a minute or two to jump off snap a picture and move on. If the challange doesn't happen to be something you can grab on your normal route? That's fine, pass and wait for one that is.
redline0889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #22
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

I gave up on that game tbh, too much bitching and too many damn rules. It became a joke. If there has to be a limit then 7 days should be it. One full week from the time posted.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #23
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I gave up on that game tbh, too much bitching and too many damn rules. It became a joke. If there has to be a limit then 7 days should be it. One full week from the time posted.
I love the "too many damn rules" when all you're complaining about is the enforcement of ONE rule. Please stop sounding like a silly little kid with this frustration over ONE rule enforcement by making it sound like we've added in tons of rules when it's a lie.

Old December 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #24
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
I love the "too many damn rules" when all you're complaining about is the enforcement of ONE rule. Please stop sounding like a silly little kid with this frustration over ONE rule enforcement by making it sound like we've added in tons of rules when it's a lie.
Eat a bag of dicks, don't ever call me a silly kid. There was more then one rule called into question inthat game at one point people wanted sample pictures and other random crap. The entire game has turned into a joke.

Old December 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #25
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Eat a bag of dicks, don't ever call me a silly kid. There was more then one rule called into question inthat game at one point people wanted sample pictures and other random crap. The entire game has turned into a joke.
Come on... no need for petty insults from you or Sombo. It's ok if you don't like the game. Lots of other people like it just the way it is though. This poll partially reflects that: the majority are happy with the 3/7 day rule. People are playing it right now and are getting through the challenges. I'm looking forward to playing again when I get my bike back!

I totally think you should make your own pic game thread if you think you can do it better. If you succeed and draw everyone else away from the current thread then that's great: everyone wins.

More love, less petite arguments!!

Old December 30th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #26
sombo

Quote:
I didn't call you anything, I said to stop sounding like one which you are sounding like one again. I tell the truth as I see it. You continue to complain in a way that sounds like a silly little kid throwing a tantrum. The time limit was asked to be enforced by the players in order to keep the game moving for more players. Please tell me what rules you think have been added since "so" many new rules are in place? The only people turning it into a joke are people like you and "A" with attitudes like these.

Old December 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #27
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Come on... no need for petty insults from you or Sombo. It's ok if you don't like the game. Lots of other people like it just the way it is though. This poll partially reflects that: the majority are happy with the 3/7 day rule. People are playing it right now and are getting through the challenges. I'm looking forward to playing again when I get my bike back!

I totally think you should make your own pic game thread if you think you can do it better. If you succeed and draw everyone else away from the current thread then that's great: everyone wins.

More love, less petite arguments!!

I am not trying to compete with or take over jack in this game or any other one, a poll was put up and opinions were asked for. I gave mine and was insulted because of it. Did I shoot back an insult of my own, I sure did but truth is if you don't insult me i won't insult you, not a hard concept to grasp.

The whole this is how we want it take it or leave it with out objectively listening to people and there ideas is a bit heavy handed and over regulated tbh but hey as you stated it is YOUR game so it's all good.

Old December 30th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #28
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
I didn't call you anything, I said to stop sounding like one which you are sounding like one again. I tell the truth as I see it. You continue to complain in a way that sounds like a silly little kid throwing a tantrum. The time limit was asked to be enforced by the players in order to keep the game moving for more players. Please tell me what rules you think have been added since "so" many new rules are in place? The only people turning it into a joke are people like you and "A" with attitudes like these.
Continue to complain? Are you serious? This is the first time I ever said jack about this game. Up till now I said nothing for the most part and only stated an opinion because ummm well you ****ing asked for them. If you don't want opinions and just want to say this is how it is going to be so be it. Don't be a douche and get all butt hurt when people's opinions are diffrent.

So calling me a little kid and telling me I am a joke yea not insulting at all! Wtf was I thinking!

Go back to your bag of dicks and be all butt hurt over a thread.

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #29
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
lol... IBTL

heres an idea, why not make two picture game threads. one a little easier, limit 3 days or even 1 day, one 7 days, a harder version

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #30
sombo

Quote:
Continue to complain? Are you serious? This is the first time I ever said jack about this game. Up till now I said nothing for the most part and only stated an opinion because ummm well you ****ing asked for them. If you don't want opinions and just want to say this is how it is going to be so be it. Don't be a douche and get all butt hurt when people's opinions are diffrent.

So calling me a little kid and telling me I am a joke yea not insulting at all! Wtf was I thinking!

Go back to your bag of dicks and be all butt hurt over a thread.

First, I went back a realized that was the first of you complaining in this thread, so for that I apologize. However I will not apologize for the false accusations of too many rules which you have yet to even answer. I also won't apologize for calling you out on your current behavior of acting like a kid with this whole "eat a bag of dicks" which I'm sure is borderline for the forum rules. Again I did not call you anything but referred to the way you are acting. Please learn the difference between name calling and describing a persons attitude/actions. If you are done being immature then would you finally answer the question of what other rules you seem to think have been added? Or is it just the enforcement of the time limit that is making you lash out unnecessarily?

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #31
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
FYI @Havok: I'm not discussing this any-more with you in this thread. I'm hoping @sombo wont continue this either. Nothing of value will come of it.

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #32
sombo

You are right akima. I'm just tired of hearing from a select few of how all these new rules (that no one seems to know of other than them) have ruined the game.

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #33
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hug it out, guys.

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #34
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
I'm down for hugs

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #35
sombo

I'll hug it out as soon as someone would please tell me what all these "new rules" other than the enforcement of the time limit are supposed to be that I haven't heard of yet.

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #36
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Old December 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #37
Havok
Internet Slut

Cool

Quote:
First, I went back a realized that was the first of you complaining in this thread, so for that I apologize. However I will not apologize for the false accusations of too many rules which you have yet to even answer. I also won't apologize for calling you out on your current behavior of acting like a kid with this whole "eat a bag of dicks" which I'm sure is borderline for the forum rules. Again I did not call you anything but referred to the way you are acting. Please learn the difference between name calling and describing a persons attitude/actions. If you are done being immature then would you finally answer the question of what other rules you seem to think have been added? Or is it just the enforcement of the time limit that is making you lash out unnecessarily?

So what you are saying is you knew before hand I was going to tell you to eat a bag of dicks with some sort of ESP. As far as I can tell you insulted me with the acting like a child comment based on something that was an incorrect assumption on your part. You then went on to say I am a joke and called me a child again based on an incorrect assumption by you but say your original insult is ok because I insulted you back?

I see you are trying to twist it that your child and joke comment were not insults but FFS, man up dude, don't bitch out of it with smooth talk and semantics, the people here are smarter then that and see through that bullshit. At least I have the balls that when I insult a person to not try an hide afterwards.

Oh and just for shits and giggles, your insult started all this crap, if you don't call people children they won't tell you to eat a bag of dicks. Pretty simple.

Now go back to that bag and leave me the **** alone ok?

Old December 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #38
sombo

Well I tried, but I guess some people would rather stay immature and not even answer a simple question.

So far it looks as if the majority of players like the current time setup. So for now it looks as if there is no reason to change the 1-week time limit for challenges. Sometime in March I'll make a new poll again about the time limit. This poll has served it's purpose and may be closed at any time.

Old December 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #39
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Old December 30th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #40
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote: