Closed Thread

Old April 27th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #1
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Arthur

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), '05 ZX6R / 636

Arrow Benefit Sale: Motorcycle Mousepads - 50% of Proceeds Donated to Charity

Hey everyone!

My girlfriend and I are undertaking a social change project in which we hope to generate some revenue for MAPS International Adoption (Domestic Adoption and Humanitarian Aid) and to help acquire riding gear for the lady

We will be selling motorcycle-themed "custom made" mouse pads via various forums in order to achieve this goal. 50% of all proceeds (after direct costs have been taken into account) will be donated to the aforementioned
charitable organization (details below) with the remainder going to the gear fund.

The Product

Dimensions: 9" x 7.5" x 1/8"
Material: Heat-resistant Polyester Fabric-top (it's really smooth/soft and has a nice sheen to it - good stuff)
Other: Machine washable, will not fade or discolor

Currently, three designs are available (all going with the "pump you up" and "motivational" themes). We have few more under development (lighter colors, simpler designs) but we wanted to at least get this "Pre-Sale" underway:

For shipping addresses outside of the United States, please PM me for a shipping quote

PAYPAL ONLY
(I am a Verified Premier member)
- unless you are located in the Greater Seattle region (mousepads can be paid for and picked up in person)

"Adapt & Overcome" - $10 + $1.50 S&H each

"No Friends on Track Days" - $10 + $1.50 S&H each

"Ninja Uprise" - $10 + $1.50 S&H each

The Charity

MAPS International Adoption is an international non-profit organization that provides a multitude of services for families and children. They are one of the first U.S. organizations to be recognized by the Council of Accreditation (CoA) as a Hague-accredited adoption agency (details here). In addition, MAPS has been recognized as one of America's best charities by Independent Charities of America and is a member of the Joint Council on International Children's Services.
"We believe that every child needs and deserves a loving, permanent family, and our mission has been built on this conviction for over thirty years. It was a pioneer group of families who founded MAPS in 1977, and today it is a new generation of supporters that continues the work.

From our residential programs here in the US to our adoption and humanitarian aid programs, our commitment remains the same: to improve lives around the world by finding loving homes for orphaned and abandoned children; by providing pregnancy and parenting support to strengthen families that are struggling; and by organizing and funding projects at home and overseas to protect, nurture and advocate for children and open doors to a brighter future."
I was able to find a blog detailing a first-hand account of a family adopting a child through MAPS. The annual report for MAPS is also available here (PDF).

Contact Information

PO Box 772
45 School Street
Houlton, ME 04730
Phone: (207) 532-9358
Fax: (207) 532-4122

As stated above, 50% of all proceeds (after direct costs have been accounted for), will be donated to MAPS. I will continually post our progress here and update this thread with pictures when the check is cut and mailed. I will also be attempting to recruit a MAPS representative to officially endorse this benefit sale by posting here.

Thank you guys! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Order List
-

Last futzed with by muffinman; April 27th, 2009 at 05:20 PM.

Old April 29th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #2
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

A nice idea... To bad I don't use a mouse pad... Both of my mice (work and home) are the laser kind.

Good luck!

Edit!

Just thought of something... For us not so fast 250s perhaps a race track one that says "I don't do straights, but I eat curves." Or.. "Curves the breakfast of Champions!"

Old April 29th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #3
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Arthur

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), '05 ZX6R / 636

Thanks Sunny! That's actually a great idea... I'll have to whip something up

Closed Thread