ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 16th, 2023, 03:21 PM   #1
Cyber Rider
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Micheal

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250

Comprehensive Modifications for 2009 Ninja 250R: Overcoming Past Challenges

Hello fellow Ninja 250R enthusiasts!

I am excited to share my comprehensive modification plan for my 2009 non-fuel injected Ninja 250R with you all. As I delved into the research, I discovered several old forum threads discussing the removal of the airbox and Klein air systems. These discussions presented various challenges and concerns, but unfortunately, they lacked definitive solutions. However, I am determined to address these issues and present a solid plan that combines the best practices from those threads. Let's revive this topic and find the optimal solution together!

Here's my detailed plan to overcome the challenges raised in those forgotten threads:

Airbox and Klein Air Systems Removal: After careful consideration, I have decided to remove both the airbox and Klein air systems. This modification aims to improve airflow and simplify the setup. However, I am aware of concerns related to crankcase venting and oil contamination discussed in the old threads.

Introducing K&N Air Filters: To replace the airbox, I will install two K&N air filters (RU-1822) directly onto the carburetors. This modification is intended to optimize airflow and potentially enhance throttle response. I believe this solution will address the concerns raised in previous discussions about airbox removal.

Carburetor Jet Kit: Fine-tuning the carburetors is an essential step in this modification. I plan to install a Dynojet jet kit to properly tune the bike and optimize performance.

Two Brothers Full Exhaust System: In addition to the air filter and carburetor modifications, I will also be installing a Two Brothers full exhaust system. This exhaust upgrade will contribute to improved performance and a deeper, more aggressive exhaust note.

Resolving Crankcase Venting: To address the challenges associated with crankcase venting, I plan to install a 3-port oil catch can with a built-in breather on top. This setup will effectively separate oil vapors and contaminants from the crankcase gases while ensuring efficient ventilation. By routing both the crankcase vent and the cylinder head vent to the oil catch can, I aim to maintain a cleaner intake system and improve overall performance. You can find affordable options on Amazon, with prices starting around $20.

Outlet Hose Placement and Venting: To ensure proper airflow and prevent backflow of fuel or air, I will connect the outlet hose of the oil catch can to the appropriate T-connection in the fuel and air system. This may involve incorporating a check valve if necessary, providing a controlled venting solution.

By combining the lessons learned from past discussions and addressing the concerns raised, I am confident that this comprehensive modification plan will result in improved performance, a cleaner intake system, and efficient crankcase ventilation for my 2009 non-fuel injected Ninja 250R.

I invite you all to join the discussion, share your experiences, and provide feedback based on your own modifications and knowledge. Let's work together to revive this topic and find the best solutions for our beloved Ninja 250R bikes!

Looking forward to your valuable input and suggestions!
Cyber Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2023, 07:29 AM   #2
superkain
ninjette.org member

Name: Super

Motorcycle(s): k6 GSX-R 750, 2008 Ninja 250R

Looks good. I added rear set adjustable brackets. Suspension front and rear made it a whole new bike.
superkain is offline   Reply With Quote