ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old October 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

What is the piece that covers left passenger peg mount point like the exhaust hanger?

On the right side, it's an exhaust hanger because, well, it also hangs your exhaust. However, I do not want an exhaust hanger. I want something to cover up the ugly mounting point left behind when you remove the left passenger peg + support hardware.

I want to move/remove much of what blocks visibility of the rear hugger I intend to buy from Sportisi/ztrack157, but an exhaust hanger kit which includes the part I want costs too much. Therefore, I only want to remove the foot peg with support hardware on the left side and use the right peg support hardware only as my stock exhaust hanger. Of course, I'll remove the right foot peg itself for symetry.

Any idea what it's called so I can start looking for one? Also, is there anything small and cheap I can mount where the right peg was without going with a full-blown exhaust hanger? Thanks!

FWIW, the only hanger I've seen that includes it for the 250R is Sportisi/ztrack157. No mention of it for the Area P kit or the one from zartan.

Oh! Before anyone asks, I PMed ztrack157 about buying it alone and I am waiting on his response. We'll see.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Badlionsfan on the BadWeb forums had a good idea for his Buell. He took one of these...

...and made this:

It looks like it will actually make TWO:

Part of the reason I want to get rid of the pegs is that I will have no passenger seat option if I buy the integrated Ducati-style tail piece with air scoops from ztrack157! I was already lamenting the fact that it would mean giving up the use of my helmet hooks. I doubt I could make it look tidy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg these.jpg (34.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg this.jpg (112.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg helmetguardian.jpg (16.2 KB, 100 views)

Old October 6th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #3
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

My price for the Hanger and side piece is right in line with pricing of other hangers. You can always ghetto rig it.

Old October 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
My price for the Hanger and side piece is right in line with pricing of other hangers. You can always ghetto rig it.
Which is the reason why I haven't bought any other hangers either... price. Yours is worth more than theirs, IMO, so I'm not saying that it isn't worth what you charge-it totally is worth it-I'm just a cheap-skate.

Yours is the only one I know of with the side piece, so it would make sense to sell it seperately. So, how about it? If they only come as a set currently, perhaps you can suggest it to Bram? I dunno... seems like a good idea. I was crafting a PM to you about it but my sister had a few favors to ask of me and I hadn't gotten back to finish it yet. Anyway, in addition to selling seperately, I was going to ask if you could suggest that Sportisi offer one with a built-in helmet lock to go with their body kit, GP cowl, and other accessories that sacrifice the functional helmet hooks. Heck, these are actually better than the original hooks (thief only has to break your OEM cowl or pry off your seat).

I doubt it would cost too much... considering that CycleGear is WAY overpriced on everything and yet they have similar helmet locks for $25. Even that Helmet Guardian I mentioned before is $50 for essentially two of them at the only place I can even find it for sale. Just like the 10mm spools are $30 at Cycle Gear and $5 at Harbor Freight, I think he can add $8 to $15 to the costto turn it into a $100 product.

I don't think $8 is a bad estimate. I mean, I'd be willing to bet that these similar ones from China are dirt cheap. Considering that your kit is already worth more for being the only one with a cover for the opposite side, it could be worth EVEN more with something functional machined onto that plate. Heck, then selling that plate/cover lock thing for the non-exhaust side all alone could make more money off of the sale of other exhaust hangers from competitors (just like I imagine it can do even without the hanger).

Old October 6th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #5
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I can ask about it but don't get your hopes up.