ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 14th, 2016, 07:26 PM   #1
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

Yearly Inaugural ClamBox Longer Ride

Today was a beautiful May Saturday in Massachusetts with the temperature hitting 75 degrees. The sky was clear and blue.
This is my second year with a motorcycle license and as the current owner and guardian of my 2004 Ninja 250. My first ride of any duration last year was to the Clambox in Ipswich Massachusetts. Many firsts were achieved that day, 40+ miles per hour on a bike, a route largely consisting of twisty secondary highways, and of a roundtrip duration of about 3 hours, including of course eating.
That day, I experienced my first biker waves and the joy of being part of the two wheeled fraternity. My first feeling of actually knowing a bit more what to expect and look for and how to handle the road and conditions. The first awareness of the attention bikers get when they arrive at some destination. It's the helmet, the clothes, the sense of all being right with the world that just permeates.
So today I revisited that ride . . . having 2000 miles + under my belt, I casually observed the same landmarks and road conditions using all that I'd learned over the many miles. But today I am still learning. I am practicing so many of the skills that are shared here in this forum. Learning to ride at speed with the engine revved higher than I usually do, feeling the power, learning how it feels to have the power at 9000 rpms to switch gears and smoothly accelerate, no mental pushing of the acceleration. Running a slightly higher psi on my rear tire to counteract the effect of having added a new top case, identifying "outs" because I read a book that had been recommended here on becoming a better rider.
And that my friends, is my ride. It must be done!
Destination Photo:

Moto Training Food

Moto

Last futzed with by wendyjboss; May 14th, 2016 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Add a photo
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old May 15th, 2016, 06:51 PM   #2
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Puppy!!! Sounds like a sweet ride almost makes me want a shrimp burger

Old May 15th, 2016, 09:37 PM   #3
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Congrats! You got the right mental perspective. Enjoy!
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #4
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Well done! Always interesting revisiting those places we started out on and recognizing how much has changed in ourselves that make each ride different.

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #5
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
.... clam .... box ....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.