ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old October 19th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Morons in the dark

The night time was falling as I was pulling out of gas station onto a 2-lane road. I waited for a good size opening in the traffic and then moved into the right lane. The light ahead was green, and the left line was clear, so I jumped in there and gunned it. In a moment I perceive something strange, some commotion that doesn't make sense... Something black at the intersection ahead, totally blocking my lane... ever so slowly crawling across it, to my right. Then I realize it's a side of a black SUV... He was only 60-80 feet away, but he was barely visible against a dark background, and it was his slow relative motion that cued me in... The f*er must have had the guts to run the red light, but at a snails pace! WTF... I hit the brakes hard (right hand almost always covers the front brake) and the bike starts skidding, as the rear end tries to come around... all the while the moron in SUV ever slowly turns along... Not being able to stop in time I swing behind him, aiming for the tiny bit of space he has just cleared on the left, near the highway divider... and the mutha** is completing the turn, pulling full back to the left, cutting me off! At that point I am slow enough to have a way out... So I just ride alongside him for a moment. There was no time for horn but the Triple's angry downshifts with Arrows blaring must have alerted him as he stops cutting into me... I just look at him, and he isn't looking back... is he blind, embarrassed, oblivious??... Beats me.. I just shake my head and pin it, to GTFO.

Later I realized that he pulled an illegal U-turn into the same gap in traffic that I waited for, and even though I avoided T-boning him, he almost did me in by trying to keep his turn tight... smart fella. I wish I had a camera...

And then, a few miles later, on a tight ramp curve, out of a corner of my eye I noticed something whizzing by... it was a plastic construction cone, lying on its side, in the middle of perfectly fine road, having absolutely no business being there. It was almost pure luck I didn't hit it.

Last futzed with by Toly; October 19th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2012, 03:45 AM   #2
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Glad this wasn't posted in the s#*t I crashed section. People can be real dimwits not giving a **** about how their actions can affect others... I really do wish you had a camera... Could have turned the muthaf**ker in...

Old October 27th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Always on the defense. Always.

Glad all was well in the end.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote