Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old August 24th, 2015, 05:13 PM   #1
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Cool World of Tanks

Anyone else addicted to driving a tank and blowing stuff up?

World of Tanks
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Fun game?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2015, 07:57 PM   #3
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Had a friend whose dad would play that game while really really drunk. It was a lot of fun watching him but not so fun playing it imo :P
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2015, 09:45 PM   #4
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
i prefer blowing stuff up in real life.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2015, 10:29 PM   #5
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
i prefer blowing stuff up in real life.
Hope you're not a pyromaniac!
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2015, 08:37 AM   #6
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Fun game?
Fun enough.. beats getting arrested from blow up stuff in real life; it's free unless you get sucked in.

There's also: World of Warplanes

and World of Warships

also free to play, once in a while they will give you promotional in-game items that allow you to progress easier.. but pretty rare.

I'll look up if I have any invite codes available or just Google some if interested, I think they are pretty common for new players.

Old September 25th, 2015, 09:11 AM   #7
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

I just started playing. It's pretty fun.

I have a couple Tier Vs but most are lower.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2015, 11:14 AM   #8
"A"
vampire

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I just started playing. It's pretty fun.

I have a couple Tier Vs but most are lower.
I keep my low tier vehicles... the fun ones.. Alecto, Hetzer, SU-26, BT-7..

Always keep the free (tier 2/3) premium tanks, no matter how badly you feel they are. They receive 70-65% crew EXP bonus every battle; when combined with x3 EXP specials, you can easily get 1500-2k EXP for the daily x2.

When the tier 3 premium vehicles goes on sale, usually they could be purchased at below $5.
Remember that you never need a designated crew for any premium vehicle; use any crew from a regular vehicle of the same nation & class (heavy, TD, LT, MT) and there is no performance penalty.

Below is the crew for my German LT branch that I use in my premium tier 3, T-15.
Once the specials comes up for re-train crew or reset skills, I move the crew with high skills/perks onto higher tier vehicles.

BTW, where r u in BKLN? I'm near Sheepshead Bay.

Old September 28th, 2015, 07:05 AM   #9
Panda
not an actual panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
I keep my low tier vehicles... the fun ones.. Alecto, Hetzer, SU-26, BT-7..
Thanks for the tips. I have less than 600 battles at the moment and my WN8 is pretty horrific. Actually, all my stats are pretty horrific.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/laugher/1015686248/

I'm in Bay Ridge pretty close to the verrezzano.

Old September 28th, 2015, 07:59 AM   #10
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I have less than 600 battles at the moment and my WN8 is pretty horrific. Actually, all my stats are pretty horrific.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/laugher/1015686248/
If you ever see me online, give a shout, platoon up, we get a few battles in together, no matter the tier.
I'm no stat whore, I just platoon with random people that have mic & headphones that have a few battles.
I've been playing WoT since 2011, originally in the EU server while I was stationed in Belgium.

My NA server account got hacked while I was overseas, and to re-claim the account it had to go through a wipe by WarGaming.
Lost mutiple tier X vehicles annd all the crews with multiple skills/perks, only get to keep all the premium vehicles.

Quote:
I'm in Bay Ridge pretty close to the verrezzano.
I take the Ver at least twice a week to travel back-n-forth to PA.
When it gets windy across the bridge, Ninja 250 can be leaned sideways to just keep a straight line of travel.

Old September 28th, 2015, 09:10 AM   #11
Panda
not an actual panda

Quote:
If you ever see me online, give a shout, platoon up, we get a few battles in together, no matter the tier.
Sounds good.

Are there any premium tanks worth purchasing? I see a bunch of e25s but it looks like they are no longer for sale.

Old September 28th, 2015, 09:26 AM   #12
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

This game makes me so angry when I play it.

BUT I CAN'T STOP.
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 28th, 2015, 10:56 AM   #13
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Are there any premium tanks worth purchasing? I see a bunch of e25s but it looks like they are no longer for sale.
E25 is way OP in the right hands, removed because WarGaming knows it's OP.

Personally, I like playing the lower tier premiums, they are cheap, less than $5 when they some on sale.

T-15 and T127 are my fav. since they both take 4 crews, all tier 3 premiums receive 65% extra crew EXP per battle.

T-15 has great mobility, can change flank and assist ally on different side of the map if need to.

T-127 has somewhat trolly armor, gets more ricochets when receiving hits from enemy.

Pz S35 is a great tier 3 also, but only use 3 crew members. If you are working down the German Med Tank line, it's a good vehicle to have, decent armor for tier 3, quick firing rate, ok mobility.

M22 Lucust is a great little scout, excellent mobility and camo rating to hide in a bush and play passive scouting without firing at enemy when spotted them, but only 3 crews.

The thing to remember with premium vehicles is that you never need a designated crew for any premium vehicle. Just move the crew from the same nation/tank line into the premium vehicle and no performance penalty.

Lower tier premium vehicles are not particularly good at credit farming, but very effective crew training for higher tier battles that require highly skilled crews.

As you reach the higher tiers, the credit making potential is really small on regular vehicles, unless you have premium account status. Tier 8 premium vehicles are better for credit farming, especially combined with premium account status.

Depending on your play style, the tank line you're grinding and how good of a internet connection you have; different prem tier 8's would be better suited for you.

For now, to minimize the real $$ investment in the game, wait for the lower tier premiums to come on sale..

Lots to learn and digest for this game.. that's why it's so hard to quit this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
This game makes me so angry when I play it.

BUT I CAN'T STOP.

Old September 28th, 2015, 12:33 PM   #14
Panda
not an actual panda

I bought a tier 6 premium tank the chinese tank VI. I thought I could use it for credit farming but I'm not good enough to consistently make money with it yet. Over the long run I make more money with the M3.

Thanks for the advice on premium tanks. I'll keep my eye out for when some go on sale.

Speaking of light tanks I used to hate the luchs. I sort of figured out how to play it yesterday and now when I get a good game it's a blast.

Penning tier7s with my dinky ass 3cm autocannon is awesome.

Old September 28th, 2015, 12:51 PM   #15
"A"
vampire

Type 64 is a very potent vehicle, very good mobility, good firing rate and excellent view range and 5 crew members, more crew than many regular Chinese LT, especially when you get to the high tier LT for the Chinese line, like the WZ-131 is a very dangerous vehicle, even in tier 10 battles.

If you havn't noticed, vehicle performs very differently when you have a 100% crew.
Type 64 combined with Coated Optics and Bino and a 100% crew with Recon on Commander and Situation Awareness for Radio man, can get view range that get close to 560m if use consumables such as Extra Combat Ration.. extra cat meat in them dumplings .

With its mobility, Type 64 does very well in passive scouting and flanking vehicles with low traverse rate. It is one of the favorites for Stronghold battles that myself and my clan-mates use.

I always keep a few gold ammo on my Type 64 just to finish off the higher tier vehicles when they are low in HP, the crew gets massive EXP when you do damage/kill to higher tier vehicles. For Stronghold battles, I use all gold ammo. just to gain extra Industrial Resource per each battle.

Running lower tier premiums. It's a great way to learn the maps, especially when you run fast moving scout tanks. learn the strategic locations that can spot enemy vehicle without being spotted or safe locations where you can spot and duck back into safety.

Passive scouting without firing on enemies can allow better chance of survival, when late in the battle, ally/enemy vehicles are low in count and HP, a fast moving scout can do really well in cleaning up the leftovers.

The role of a scout is not to rush out from the start and spot as many enemy vehicles early in the battle in enemy territory where no ally can support and do damage to enemy vehicles.

From the start of battle, faster moving vehicle should always help the ally slower vehicles to get in tactical locations, the earlier they are able to get to those locations, the faster they will be able to support ally efforts in defending or advancing.

Lower tier scout tanks with gold ammo are deadly to those enemies who rush our base and try to spot or kill ally arty. Even though in a light vehicle, you can always shoot-n-ram to ensure a kill while defending ally base/arty.

Lower tier premium platoon are great way to stat pad for better win rate when members in platoon are working as one.

Not to rush out from the beginning of the battle, but work as one unit to circle an enemy vehicle or peek-a-boo around a corner against a single heavier enemy, move as one unit to achieve objectives together.

Teamwork skills developed in lower tier vehicles can easily translate into higher tier play, and far less costly than the higher tier battles that often lose more credit.

Old September 29th, 2015, 07:36 AM   #16
Panda
not an actual panda

I can't figure out why HE shells are any good. They have such low pen.

Don't shells need to pen to do any damage?

Old September 29th, 2015, 08:33 AM   #17
"A"
vampire

Quote:
I can't figure out why HE shells are any good. They have such low pen.

Don't shells need to pen to do any damage?
Ammo Wiki

Depending on which gun/vehicle is shooting the HE shells.

Something like KV-2 or large caliber Howitzer, HE shells does far more damage even without penetration.
Aim at the sides of vehicles right below the top tracks, usually can pen or cause engine damage to render vehicle stuck.

HE shell does not require direct hit to cause damage, with thick armor enemy vehicle sometimes aiming for the grounds near their tracks can effectively take out their tracks and then circle around to flank at their weakspots in the sides or rear is better tactics than shooting at them in the front doing no damage. It takes some practice to switch back and forth between the more effective ammo to use.

Playing SPG is mostly about splash damage, rarely do I even have AP shells on my SPGs. The HE shells have large radius of splash, sometimes more effective in dealing damage than a direct hit that pen, HE shells can knock out multiple crew members or disable a track, the render a vehicle to perform significantly poor.

For LT or MT, HE shells are good after you break through enemy defenses and searching enemy SPG or TD with low armor, open rear/top; use an HE shell can knock out crews, cause their ammo-rack to explode or significantly increase their reload time.

If you know that you cannot pen an enemy vehicle frontally, but have enough mobility to flank enemy; taking out their tracks with HE is a good tactics to start. Most HT have slow traverse, with damage track they turn even slower, better chance for survival for you.

Old September 29th, 2015, 10:40 AM   #18
Panda
not an actual panda

Cool, thanks again man.

Old September 30th, 2015, 03:31 PM   #19
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Anyone else addicted to driving a tank and blowing stuff up?

World of Tanks
Well I wasn't until a couple days ago.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #20
"A"
vampire

Cool

Had a few good battles on the EU server recently:

Excelsior, Ace Tanker, TopGun, High Caliber, Radley-Walters, Naydin's Medal.

Tier 7 M56 Scorpion nearly top EXP earning in tier 9 battle. REPLAY

Replay of 105 Le FH does top damage

Last futzed with by "A"; October 1st, 2015 at 06:24 AM.

Old October 1st, 2015, 06:31 AM   #21
"A"
vampire

Cool

Platoon work with my EU server clanmates:

Replay: Lit up two enemies on fire, over 2K damage.

Solo in 105 Le FH, top damage for team

Old October 1st, 2015, 06:38 AM   #22
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
I'm just trying to get my first kill. I've hit a couple other tanks but I always get destroyed before I finish them off.

Old October 1st, 2015, 07:06 AM   #23
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
I'm just trying to get my first kill. I've hit a couple other tanks but I always get destroyed before I finish them off.
Timing is key to get kills.. but doing damage to enemy give more EXP than kills, especially when you deal damage to higher tier enemies.

It's easy to get tunnel vision on enemy that in your sights and forget about your own HP or whether you are getting hit by enemies.

Situation awareness comes with practice.

I always scan the minimap every few second for the progression of the battle, check which side of the map is weak on our team, which side has too many allies bunched up.

If you know majority of (too many) allies are moving towards one side of the map, go to the other side and find a good defensive position and don't advance. Take advantage of terrain and your own vehicle armor to maximize survivability to hold your flank as long as possible to buy time for allies, hopefully they know to advance their flank quickly by using the large numbers of vehicles in their flank.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 1st, 2015, 07:11 AM   #24
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Timing is key to get kills.. but doing damage to enemy give more EXP than kills, especially when you deal damage to higher tier enemies.

It's easy to get tunnel vision on enemy that in your sights and forget about your own HP or whether you are getting hit by enemies.

Situation awareness comes with practice.

I always scan the minimap every few second for the progression of the battle, check which side of the map is weak on our team, which side has too many allies bunched up.

If you know majority of (too many) allies are moving towards one side of the map, go to the other side and find a good defensive position and don't advance. Take advantage of terrain and your own vehicle armor to maximize survivability to hold your flank as long as possible to buy time for allies, hopefully they know to advance their flank quickly by using the large numbers of vehicles in their flank.
I'm still getting used to driving around. Only had 3 battles so far and just figured out how to get out of the first person view. Training came up automatically in the 3rd person view which I think is easier.

Old October 1st, 2015, 07:21 AM   #25
"A"
vampire

Quote:
I'm still getting used to driving around. Only had 3 battles so far and just figured out how to get out of the first person view. Training came up automatically in the 3rd person view which I think is easier.
I find 3rd person view easier also, auto-aim feature is decent for shooting on the move when you are traveling in the same direction as enemy vehicle.

Old October 1st, 2015, 07:27 AM   #26
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
I find 3rd person view easier also, auto-aim feature is decent for shooting on the move when you are traveling in the same direction as enemy vehicle.
Yeah I was having trouble driving in the first person. I was in a light tank, came up on another light tank, I stopped to fire at him, he fired at me then backed up behind a building as he reloaded, I thought "Oh great idea" as I'm trying to figure out where I am and what I'm backing into he pops back out and shoots me again. I fire off another round and miss as he is backing up. I get back behind a building, then pull out to fire, he hits me the third time just as I'm lining up to shoot and game over I'm destroyed.

Old October 1st, 2015, 07:47 AM   #27
"A"
vampire

Peek-a-boo tactic is a good skill to have; holding a strategic location on the map using the Peek-a-boo technique can likely hold back enemy team advances and ensure your survival on the battlefield to aid battle victory.

Old October 1st, 2015, 08:33 AM   #28
Panda
not an actual panda

Quote:
Had a few good battles on the EU server recently:
Nice job man.

Old October 1st, 2015, 08:37 AM   #29
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Peek-a-boo tactic is a good skill to have; holding a strategic location on the map using the Peek-a-boo technique can likely hold back enemy team advances and ensure your survival on the battlefield to aid battle victory.
Down side from the way he was doing it is that he was exposing his side armor instead of frontal, but it worked against me pretty well.

Old October 1st, 2015, 09:39 AM   #30
"A"
vampire

Side-scraping

Quote:
Down side from the way he was doing it is that he was exposing his side armor instead of frontal, but it worked against me pretty well.
Angling the side armor can be more effective than front armor not angled.. It's called: Side scraping.. another very important technique to allow longer survival in battle:

[img]

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 1st, 2015, 09:58 AM   #31
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
Well this encounter was more like this:

(couple of noobs blasting at each other)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tanks.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)

Old October 1st, 2015, 11:20 AM   #32
Panda
not an actual panda

Is it just me or is penning a matilda super difficult?

Old October 1st, 2015, 11:35 AM   #33
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
A bad day in a tank is better than a good day on foot!

Old October 1st, 2015, 01:02 PM   #34
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Is it just me or is penning a matilda super difficult?
Both British and Soviet Matilda are heavily armored when compared to similar tier vehicle.

They are slow moving, but solid armor all around, so flanking it might not help when your gun has low pen.

Here's a breakdown of Its weak-spots.

Old October 1st, 2015, 01:27 PM   #35
Panda
not an actual panda

Ahh this article is great, thanks.

Do you use any mods? I use XVM so far and I kinda like it.

Old October 1st, 2015, 01:36 PM   #36
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Ahh this article is great, thanks.

Do you use any mods? I use XVM so far and I kinda like it.
I've been using Aslain's Modpack Installers for nearly 2 years.

Initial setup for the Modpack Installer take a good 15-20 minutes, maybe a few installs to try out all the different features that really suits your play.

Just like playing WoT, be patient; get to try all the different mods that you don't even think you need, sometime the benefits can surprise you.

Old October 2nd, 2015, 12:45 PM   #37
"A"
vampire

Cool

REPLAY: JT 8.8 does 2.2k damage in E25 fest.
Total ten E 25s in the battle..

Old October 3rd, 2015, 10:01 PM   #38
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
I'm finding I like playing the SPG's. I'm terrible at driving, almost as bad at shooting on the move or getting the gun on a moving target.

But let me sit back and find a vehicle that stops for too long in a place they think is safe. I rain down death from above.

Old October 4th, 2015, 06:40 AM   #39
"A"
vampire

Cool

Unfortunately, the PC performance and internet connection affects the gameplay ability more than WarGaming like to admit. For computers with less processing speed and/or lower download speed internet connections; playing SPGs can provide better gameplay action for the client performance.

There was a time when SPGs reigned the battle and dealt massive damage, even in lower tier. My fav. was the USSR tier 3, SU-26.. small but deadly with a 360 turret, 76mm mortar, minimal vehicle profile, but short range.
Used to hide in a bush closer in a tactical location undetected and just take out enemy vehicles one-by-one.

Those were the good'ol days of SPGs:

Tier 3 SPG dealt over 1K damage in tier 8 battle:

Old October 4th, 2015, 09:10 AM   #40
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Unfortunately, the PC performance and internet connection affects the gameplay ability more than WarGaming like to admit. For computers with less processing speed and/or lower download speed internet connections; playing SPGs can provide better gameplay action for the client performance.
Well I'm playing on a crappy old laptop, but I do have verizon fios, my Internet speed is usually pretty good.