ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old August 17th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #1
Meintool
ninjette.org member

Name: Dick Mcgreggor

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Update, Chinese fairing kit installed! what do you think??

OK so a couple weeks ago, I received my Chinese fairing kit from XFmoto i paid around 423 shipped, it included both side fairings, both rear tail sections, front fairing, front fender, rear cowl cover, tinted windscreen, and all the black plastic plastic pieces as well, like the trim for your knees, the trim that the side fairings attach to in the front and the pieces that the rear tail light attach to etc. I did not use any of the black plastic trim pieces because mine were in great shape and some but not all necessary brackets, bump stops etc. i had to go the dealer and spend 15 bucks on hardware,

My over all impressions, are I am impressed and i was expecting so much worse!

I will list my cons first and my pros second

cons
First and foremost, the paint has lots of orange peel and feels gritty to the touch upon removing from the box. some polish, wax, and more wax, makes it much smoother but it sure does need a wet sanding. THe color does not match the tank perfectly, I told them candy thunder blue, and they insisted i just send them a picture so they can match it, LOL i knew right then and there that the paint wouldnt match 100% but they did do a pretty good job. Pics will follow! I could only find 1 drip/run in the paint and it was on a very un noticable spot.
There are quite a few chips in the paint on the edges of some of the inside edges of the pieces, , Hard to notice unless pointed out or off the bike. some touch up paint would help with this!, and the back side of the pieces has barely even 1 coat of paint with lots of white coming through and you can notice it on the front fairing where the mirrors attach, you can notice while riding the bike, maybe you'll want to spray can the inside of that piece before installing. I was told the kit would include new foam padding and new heatshielding but it did not, Fortunately The stuff on my OEM fairings was Removable without ripping/tearing

One other thing i noticed is the chinese kit for example the side fairings, are MUCH heavier than the OEM fairings, I'd say by 1-3lbs

actually those are my only cons?

Pros
The fitment was not 100% perfect BUT i would have to say it's probably 99.6% perfect, That would be my educated guess, I am thoroughly impressed with the fitment, and all holes lined up great. the only fitment issue i have is the windscreen/front fairing, next to the right side mirror, has somewhat of a gap but extremely hard to noticed, thats pretty much the only issue with fitment

For the price the shipping time and the best internet customer service I have ever had, I have to say I would 100% buy this product again and recommend it to anyone that needs replacement fairings!

I purchased my bike on fathers day of this year 2009 ninja 250 candy thunder blue with 814 miles for $2100 lady bought bike with 700 miles on it, rode it in to a rock at like 3 mph broke the front fender and rashed the front fairing and side fairing, no other damage the bike.

I requested that XF moto leave the ninja stickers off the fairings because i wanted that cleaner look. They were kind enough to make me 2 ninja stickers and put them in the box and they also included 250R stickers which never came on my bike to begin with so thats pretty awesome! If i decide i want ninja & 250r stickers on the bike, i can put them anywhere i want

Heres pics

First pics are when i first got the bike

The exhaust was rashed as well

And now after I had my way with her! >

Here is the contact info for my salesman, he had absolutely spectacular customer service, we have about 300 email conversation over a months time.

Mike Ali | XFMoto.com Services
Xian Fu Motorcycle Parts Co., Ltd
No.205, 2nd Floor, Zhijin Business Center, Zengcha Road, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong 510165, China
Website: www.xfmoto.com Email: xfmoto@foxmail.com, xfmotoparts@gmail.com
Tel: +86 20 8129 0803 | Cell Phone: +86 18819143702

Tell them Jeremy recommended them!

Last futzed with by Meintool; August 17th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
Meintool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #2
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Sweet. Hope it holds up better than mine did.

Old August 17th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #3
Meintool
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Sweet. Hope it holds up better than mine did.
what happened to yours?

Everything seems/feels pretty sturdy and durable

Old August 17th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #4
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
I found that mine were "too sturdy" or brittle and cracked easily. They were also very heavy, and the paint "faded" very badly, and actually became dark green. Here's a picture from the past

kinda hard to tell in the photo but you can see how the tank and rims are much brighter

Old August 17th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
That looks cool!

Thanks for the report.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #6
Meintool
ninjette.org member

@Nick, I don't really notice it. But at any rate. for the price i paid I'm happy with the purchase if it turns to **** in less than a year then i may change my mind! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
That looks cool!

Thanks for the report.
Thanks! I figured it might help people decide if they want to give them a try or not!

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #7
Ytse Frobozz
Not dead yet!

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I think they're heavier because everything in China has lead in it.
Ytse Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 4th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #8
DfnsMn69
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 03 VFR800, 12 Ninja 250R

Since the wife's brand new 250r is her first and learning bike I know that at some point Im going to need to replace the rashed OEM fairings... how was the fit and finish on these fairings... Any issues with them bolting up... I know that on the VFR's they never have been able to get the bolt holes to line up correctly on the main fairings.
DfnsMn69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #9
broken neck
ninjette.org guru

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition (sold), 2017 CRF250 Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by DfnsMn69 View Post
Since the wife's brand new 250r is her first and learning bike I know that at some point Im going to need to replace the rashed OEM fairings... how was the fit and finish on these fairings... Any issues with them bolting up... I know that on the VFR's they never have been able to get the bolt holes to line up correctly on the main fairings.
Think the other way around... Buy aftermarket now, she'll rashed those first... After, you put the OEM and they'll have better chance to stay rash free...
broken neck is offline   Reply With Quote