ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #41
teh
ninjette.org member

Name: Teh

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
lol wut do you do if u have car problems? you slow down extremely fast without skidding in the middle of ur highway lane.

The limo driver is a piece of ****. If he had car problems he SHOULD have stayed in the right lane and parked to the right of the road..
Thank you Aggrotech for your comments. The driver did not speak the truth. He drove away after giving his lying words to a CHP.

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of the country visiting my aging mother and families.
teh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #42
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

This is a super confusing thread.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #43
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroblade View Post
Good afternoon aeroblade. I like that 'DEAL WITH IT'. My son would have said that too. LOL.
Thank you for your post. Sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of the country visiting my families.

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #44
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
This is a super confusing thread.
I agree....I don't understand it
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #45
teh
ninjette.org member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driddle View Post
Edit: Cmsith fixed it. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your crash, and I hope you are recovering well.
As people in the comments posted, you may have a case in that he pulled over into that lane (passing lane) when he is just a limo, or that he did so without signaling and slowed.
However, because you are in California, you may also NOT have a case because, as the law in California states, if you hit someone from behind, it is almost always your fault.

I'm not legal expert. If anyone has any other way of interpreting it.. please do correct me. But that's how I see it.

Good luck getting back on the bike!
Thank you Driddle for your comments. Sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of the country visiting my aging mother and families.

When I limo pulled onto that passing lane I thought he was trying to pass the a white truck in front, not slowing down and moved to the marked area.

Well, it is the past, and I've been back on the bike that is all the matter. Thanks again.

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #46
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Glad you are ok!

You did kinda totally ram the back of that guy though. He stopped in a weird place but....
Thank you Panda for your comments. Sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of the country visiting my aging mother and families. It is all good now

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #47
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
do you even own a ninja?

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #48
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickt0mmy View Post
Hmmm this is a tough one. Like others have said, you ran into the back of him which almost always makes the accident your fault. Then again, he was doing many things wrong at the time, which may give you a case against him. Personally, I'd meet with a lawyer who specializes in this sort of thing and see what they have to say about it.

I hope you heal from any injuries very quickly. Glad to see you had full gear on.
Thank you slickt0mmy. I appreciate your comments. I am fine now and have been riding again. No need to have any case against anyone. Yes, I always try to have full gear on all the times

I am sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of the country visiting my aging mother and families.

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #49
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Name: dave

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250, ZX6r, RSV4, Caponord Rally

It might be easier if you just added "I was out of the country visiting my aging mother and families" as a signature.
dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #50
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

I feel like we're getting catfish'd or something
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #51
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Welcome to our site, Teh !!!

Sorry to watch that accident happening to you, you could have lost your life there.

I have to agree with the quoted post.
That driver did many wrong things, including his attempt to get a confession of guilt from you at that critical moment, .......I don't like that guy !!!

However, you are the one in greater danger when on two wheels and must be prepared to ride around the many mistakes that the many careless or unskillful drivers around you will present to you each riding day.

It is unfair, but that is just the way it is for all of us.

You could have stopped in time, just to be sandwiched between that moron and the inattentive driver following you.
What I am trying to say is that Justice should be on your side, but that you may not be able to present your next case to it.
You cannot afford to be driven into a dangerous situation while riding in the street, because you will always lose, little or as much as your life.
You need to be expecting the worse, foreseeing the worst, systematically trained to escape the worst, and what is more important: you need to avoid getting into or to escape every dangerous situation, each time.

Don't let your sense of having done the correct things suffice and dull your urge to prepare properly for the next dangerous situation.

I hope that you will learn from this accident, that the moron pays for the damages that he caused and that you recover and are in the saddle soon and wiser.

My best !!!
Motofool, thank you so much for welcoming me to this forum and for your valuable comments and words of support. I did learn from this experience and I am blessed to be alive and fully recovered from the incident.

I'm sorry for taking time to reply to your post, I was out of the country visiting families. Thanks again and may God bless you.

Old July 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #52
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
do you even own a ninja?
Yes, alex. I now have a Ninja 650R which I've found it to handle the turning roads better than the FZ6R in my humble opinion. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00883s.jpg (103.7 KB, 5 views)

Old July 29th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #53
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave42 View Post
It might be easier if you just added "I was out of the country visiting my aging mother and families" as a signature.
dave42, sounds like a good idea - I'll have to find the page where I can do just that LOL - Thank you

Old July 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #54
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
Why you no steer right
LOL

Cuz he target fixated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
I probably wouldn't use your video as a defense. You had speed at one point in excess of 60 mph in a clearly marked 50 mph approaching slowing traffic. The car before impact clearly had his front wheels outside the white lines, was braking while getting to the edge and you hit him left of center of the vehicle. You clearly had room to get back in your original lane or move closer the the middle of the road. I would not doubt if you got a ticket for failure to control your vehicle, and he gets a ticket for illegal turning or improper use of the shoulder. Both insurance companies will shake hands, you both get your vehicles fixed, and they'll tell you have a nice day.
In reference to comment in bold: Totally agree. It looks like you were traveling at a fast pace and almost looks like you crossed the white line yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driddle View Post
Edit: Cmsith fixed it. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your crash, and I hope you are recovering well.
As people in the comments posted, you may have a case in that he pulled over into that lane (passing lane) when he is just a limo, or that he did so without signaling and slowed.
However, because you are in California, you may also NOT have a case because, as the law in California states, if you hit someone from behind, it is almost always your fault.

I'm not legal expert. If anyone has any other way of interpreting it.. please do correct me. But that's how I see it.

Good luck getting back on the bike!
Not entirely true. I'll give you an example: If a cager commits 75-100% into a left lane with solid white lines which is a left turn only lane but changes mind and veers back to the right lane to join traffic and you crash into him from behind...guess who's at fault? Here's a hint, not you.

Old July 29th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #55
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Sorry for not reading this thread and responding sooner. You see, I was out of the country visiting my aging mother and families.

I will follow up soon with a reasoned literary composition. Ummm...as long as I don't have to unexpectedly leave town to...you know...visit my mother and families.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #56
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #57
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Name: dave

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250, ZX6r, RSV4, Caponord Rally

dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #58
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh View Post
Motofool, thank you so much for welcoming me to this forum and for your valuable comments and words of support. I did learn from this experience and I am blessed to be alive and fully recovered from the incident.

I'm sorry for taking time to reply to your post, I was out of the country visiting families. Thanks again and may God bless you.
You are welcome, Teh

It is really great that such bad experience is over now.

I have been blessed with extraordinary opportunities and experiences.
Thank you and be blessed as well.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #59
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
You are welcome, Teh

It is really great that such bad experience is over now.

I have been blessed with extraordinary opportunities and experiences.
Thank you and be blessed as well.
Good afternoon Motofool,

Thank you for such a quick reply...

Yes, it is over now and I would like to express my gratitude towards everyone's opinions, suggestions, good or bad, and a great sense of humor. My intention was to share my negative experience, so that some of us may learn from it. I have no desire for a law suite or to place blame on the driver. We all make mistakes from time to time. Hopefully, our mistakes would not be the cause of someone's life.

I am new to forums such as this. So, I am still learning my way around.
Thanks to you and to everyone who response to this thread.

Old July 29th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #60
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
........I am new to forums such as this. So, I am still learning my way around.........
This is a great and friendly website that has much to offer.
Don't take criticism from forum members too personal or hard, they tend to be hard on riding errors and similar things, but are very helpful and supportive at the same time.

Many members are just starting motorcycling, so, don't hesitate in bringing and posting your own experiences.
I know that many of us has learned several things from this thread that you initiated.

My best !
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #61
IF13
WOT WOT WOT

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post

Link to original page on YouTube.

Fixed it for you.

Welcome and interesting first post! Hope you have healed up from any injuries.

I know it's too late to say this but your insurance is always going to be on your side if you're the first to inform them of the incident -- at least that's how it is with my insurance. They'll even hire lawyers for you in case you are sued.

Regardless of how you do it, getting ahead of the guy with the paper work is always going to benefit you. I hope you did the right thing and found some sort of legal support because with the video evidence, and as everyone else have said, you have some sort of case.

Also please ignore people who are saying the one who rear ends someone is always at fault, blah blah in Cali. That's not true. Before anyone acts like a lawyer, start referencing laws.
IF13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #62
Driddle
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF13 View Post

Also please ignore people who are saying the one who rear ends someone is always at fault, blah blah in Cali. That's not true. Before anyone acts like a lawyer, start referencing laws.
Says the guy who lives on the East coast. Cause you know california laws.

Old July 31st, 2013, 02:12 AM   #63
aeroblade
Doh!

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Good afternoon aeroblade. I like that 'DEAL WITH IT'. My son would have said that too. LOL.
Thank you for your post. Sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of the country visiting my families.

Ride safe!

Old July 31st, 2013, 02:41 AM   #64
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

As an armchair expert in all things, came here to tell you NOT to use your video in any official capacity. As others have stated, when the front end of a vehicle makes contact with the back of another, that's all they care about. You would need to otherwise prove some pretty extraordinary circumstances, but the video will only show you weren't prepared to avoid an accident. You speedometer is visible in the video, and although I don't remember the speed limit at that spot, 60mph is a little harry with all those limos flying across lanes. If I were the other dude's insurance, I would also argue that, although it is a no-stop lane, you should be anticipating extra carnage at that location....

No need to rub salt in your wounds, or repeat what others have said, but wanted to add the part about not using the video.... unless an actual lawyer tells you differently. Glad you weren't seriously hurt, and sorry about your bike.

EDIT: The other observation I made was that you can almost SEE you target-fixate through the video.... practice looking for your escape(s), always. Ride on.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #65
teh
ninjette.org member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
As an armchair expert in all things, came here to tell you NOT to use your video in any official capacity. As others have stated, when the front end of a vehicle makes contact with the back of another, that's all they care about. You would need to otherwise prove some pretty extraordinary circumstances, but the video will only show you weren't prepared to avoid an accident. You speedometer is visible in the video, and although I don't remember the speed limit at that spot, 60mph is a little harry with all those limos flying across lanes. If I were the other dude's insurance, I would also argue that, although it is a no-stop lane, you should be anticipating extra carnage at that location....

No need to rub salt in your wounds, or repeat what others have said, but wanted to add the part about not using the video.... unless an actual lawyer tells you differently. Glad you weren't seriously hurt, and sorry about your bike.

EDIT: The other observation I made was that you can almost SEE you target-fixate through the video.... practice looking for your escape(s), always. Ride on.
Thank you very much, headshrink, and everyone, for your comments and suggestions. The process of posting, sharing, discussing, caring, bashing, etc. on this friendly ninjette.org has been a positive experience for me. I am now moving ahead in my life with some new perspectives. I have been back on my Ninja 650R 3 weeks after the incident - it was a true blessings.

Old August 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #66
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I know it's too late to say this but your insurance is always going to be on your side if you're the first to inform them of the incident -- at least that's how it is with my insurance. They'll even hire lawyers for you in case you are sued.

Regardless of how you do it, getting ahead of the guy with the paper work is always going to benefit you. I hope you did the right thing and found some sort of legal support because with the video evidence, and as everyone else have said, you have some sort of case.

Yes, IF13. I did call my insurance right away after the incident, even before I called my family for help. It has been almost 6 months and all is settled now Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions.

Old August 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #67
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

So... outcome?
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #68
Dustinh1989
ninjette.org member

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 11' SE 250R

^+1
Dustinh1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #69
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLick415 View Post
So... outcome?
Hello sLick415, I only bought a liability for my Yamaha FZ6R this year. And there was no case in court. So the dust was settled with no further events.

Old August 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #70
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Dude, be looking far ahead enough to see erratic driving patterns and stay the hell away from the vehicle if you notice wild or erratic driving. Looking ahead and reacting sooner would have helped you avoid the entire situation altogether. Glad you're ok. That could have been killer. Literally.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #71
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Dude, be looking far ahead enough to see erratic driving patterns and stay the hell away from the vehicle if you notice wild or erratic driving. Looking ahead and reacting sooner would have helped you avoid the entire situation altogether. Glad you're ok. That could have been killer. Literally.
Thank you, ally99. I totally agree with your comments. Commuting through a rush hour traffic is not and never a relax kind of ride ever.

I'm blessed and thankful that I've survived that crash.

Old September 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #72
Fly'in Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): C-250R-ST

Glad you're okay!! How was the damage to the bike??
Fly'in Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #73
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
^ I think he is out of the country visiting his aging mother and cat... and dog... and goldfish

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #74
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly'in Ninja View Post
Glad you're okay!! How was the damage to the bike??
Thank you 'Fly'in Ninja'. The bike was too much work to fix it. I posted a 'give away' price tag for a bike handy man on CL, and it was sold right away.
As I mentioned on my earlier post, I like how my Ninja 650R take on turns and curves much better than my old FZ6R.

Old September 4th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #75
teh
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
^ I think he is out of the country visiting his aging mother and cat... and dog... and goldfish
You wish, subxero. I've been back to work and all in the Bay area. I usually go back to visit my mother once a year during the early summer. Yes, she has cats and a dog, but no goldfish

subxero, have you ridden on the new Bay Bridge eastern span?
It is pretty good, I think the lanes are a little wider and there is a shoulder for breakdown cars and trucks.

Old September 5th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #76
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

Quote:
Before anyone acts like a lawyer, start referencing laws.
That generally comes from case law, not statute.

Quote:
Rear-end collisions are one of the most prevalent auto accident types. If a driver's vehicle is struck from behind by another vehicle, the resulting accident is nearly always the striking driver's fault. This holds true regardless of the reason for the first driver's stop or slow down. Why?

Because basic traffic laws mandate a driver must be able to come to a safe stop if the vehicle(s) ahead stops or slows down. Incidentally, this traffic rule also governs sudden stops. If the subsequent driver cannot come to a safe stop, chances are he or she is not driving in a safe manner and probably not as safely as the driver in front of him or her.
http://www.attorneys.com/auto-accide...end-collision/
Thorgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #77
nokfir2
ninjette.org member

Name: Kfir

please make this thread stop!
nokfir2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #78
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old September 5th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #79
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote