ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old July 28th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #1
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

Ride Report: 7/27 - Long Island

Met up with Stefan (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/member.php?u=5552) last night around 10:40PM at the Hess station off of LIE 63. I brought my friend Paul who was riding 2 up with his gf. Stefan had some friends bail on him so it was just us 4, (3 bikes). They both had gixxers (sweet looking bikes) and myself on the 250. Stefans modulator helmet was broken so mid-sentence it would slide shut on him and couldnt finish speaking ever... I lol-ed the whole time.

We headed off down the William Floyd parkway and found some twisties just south of Miller Place.

After some riding we stop at a gas station where Paul almost dumps his gf onto the pavement because they both thought they were going in different directions. Stefan awkwardly asks if i'd be open to some critique, as he was riding behind me noticed my cornering form could use some work. (Very nice people you find on ninjette.org). I was very accepting of this as I have very few actual mileage on a bike, but seemingly have owned one (or two for that matter) for quite some time. Paul heads home and me and Stefan decide to ride the twisties again and he could give me some more tips.

As I start the 250, it makes a very weird noise and Stefan identifies it as a dead battery. After asking around for jumper cables with no luck, I try one more time to start the bike ( had a really good feeling about it). She started right up that time. Stefan goes "we could've just bump started it if we needed to." I had never done that before and I asked how it was done.. then decided to shut off the bike and bump start it for practice as It would be a useful skill to have. First shot bump starting it, it went right on. Stefan said I looked like a little kid who had just gotten a new toy, i guess i was grinning a bit from learning a new trick.

After taking some more turns and getting lost and finding our way to 25a we decide to cross the street perpendicular about 4 or 5 lanes on a suicide mission to the 7/11 to get some slurpees. As we pull up we see some guys arguing with a girl in a car.. some flirtation turns into arguing.. long story short, the girl yells "im 18!" and lowers her shirt to expose her breasts.. what a view
Then drives off..

Then we witnessed banana or donut laundering... A huge delivery truck backs into the 7/11 parking lot, Stefan yells "whoa whoa whoa" in fear for his bike being crushed and immediately runs to move his bike, but the truck driver did a really good job of maneuvering the parking lot. Then for some reason the driver starts unloading the contents of the truck into some woman's SUV. While also making a delivery to 7/11... odd.

While at 7/11 I noticed my owners manual AND tire pressure gauge have made their way under my front seat from my back seat.. luckily (or unluckily) i've dealt with this before so I knew how to get them out easily but figured id do it later.

Stefan decides its snack time and wanted Wendy's, I said I'd join him but I wasnt hungry. We leave 7/11 and ride down the block, some how completely riding past Wendy's and making a u-turn mid 25A

We go through the drive/ride through and Stefan orders. We park our bikes and Stefan walks over to the pick up window and mentions that its very hard to carry a large coke and ride a motorcycle. While STANDING behind a car in the drive through who was waiting for their food as well, they start wondering why Stefan was standing there, He lets them know that he cant carry a coke and ride at the same time. They agree and drive off. 2 seconds later they put the car in reverse and pull back up to the window because they had forgotten to get their food.. smh... While Stefan ate, I dismantled parts of my bike to get my tire pressure gauge and owners manual.

We departed around 2:30 both riding west for a few minutes until we had to separate and Stefan went back east towards Riverhead.

Overall great ride, I learned a lot of cool things, found some great roads, saw a 18 year olds breasts, mad a friend, had some laughs, oh and the slurpee was amazing. Stefans a good guy and hopefully we can get some more of the long island crew to come out sometime soon.

DarkNinja out.

Old July 28th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #2
Clearlynotstefan
ninjette.org member

Name: Stefan

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250, Totally black. Gsxr 600 Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
Met up with Stefan (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/member.php?u=5552) last night around 10:40PM at the Hess station off of LIE 63. I brought my friend Paul who was riding 2 up with his gf. Stefan had some friends bail on him so it was just us 4, (3 bikes). They both had gixxers (sweet looking bikes) and myself on the 250. Stefans modulator helmet was broken so mid-sentence it would slide shut on him and couldnt finish speaking ever... I lol-ed the whole time.

We headed off down the William Floyd parkway and found some twisties just south of Miller Place.

After some riding we stop at a gas station where Paul almost dumps his gf onto the pavement because they both thought they were going in different directions. Stefan awkwardly asks if i'd be open to some critique, as he was riding behind me noticed my cornering form could use some work. (Very nice people you find on ninjette.org). I was very accepting of this as I have very few actual mileage on a bike, but seemingly have owned one (or two for that matter) for quite some time. Paul heads home and me and Stefan decide to ride the twisties again and he could give me some more tips.

As I start the 250, it makes a very weird noise and Stefan identifies it as a dead battery. After asking around for jumper cables with no luck, I try one more time to start the bike ( had a really good feeling about it). She started right up that time. Stefan goes "we could've just bump started it if we needed to." I had never done that before and I asked how it was done.. then decided to shut off the bike and bump start it for practice as It would be a useful skill to have. First shot bump starting it, it went right on. Stefan said I looked like a little kid who had just gotten a new toy, i guess i was grinning a bit from learning a new trick.

After taking some more turns and getting lost and finding our way to 25a we decide to cross the street perpendicular about 4 or 5 lanes on a suicide mission to the 7/11 to get some slurpees. As we pull up we see some guys arguing with a girl in a car.. some flirtation turns into arguing.. long story short, the girl yells "im 18!" and lowers her shirt to expose her breasts.. what a view
Then drives off..

Then we witnessed banana or donut laundering... A huge delivery truck backs into the 7/11 parking lot, Stefan yells "whoa whoa whoa" in fear for his bike being crushed and immediately runs to move his bike, but the truck driver did a really good job of maneuvering the parking lot. Then for some reason the driver starts unloading the contents of the truck into some woman's SUV. While also making a delivery to 7/11... odd.

While at 7/11 I noticed my owners manual AND tire pressure gauge have made their way under my front seat from my back seat.. luckily (or unluckily) i've dealt with this before so I knew how to get them out easily but figured id do it later.

Stefan decides its snack time and wanted Wendy's, I said I'd join him but I wasnt hungry. We leave 7/11 and ride down the block, some how completely riding past Wendy's and making a u-turn mid 25A

We go through the drive/ride through and Stefan orders. We park our bikes and Stefan walks over to the pick up window and mentions that its very hard to carry a large coke and ride a motorcycle. While STANDING behind a car in the drive through who was waiting for their food as well, they start wondering why Stefan was standing there, He lets them know that he cant carry a coke and ride at the same time. They agree and drive off. 2 seconds later they put the car in reverse and pull back up to the window because they had forgotten to get their food.. smh... While Stefan ate, I dismantled parts of my bike to get my tire pressure gauge and owners manual.

We departed around 2:30 both riding west for a few minutes until we had to separate and Stefan went back east towards Riverhead.

Overall great ride, I learned a lot of cool things, found some great roads, saw a 18 year olds breasts, mad a friend, had some laughs, oh and the slurpee was amazing. Stefans a good guy and hopefully we can get some more of the long island crew to come out sometime soon.

DarkNinja out.
This was all the way around an epic ride lol.
We saw random boob action
Took some sweeeet twisties
Met some new people
Talked about random boob action
got to work on our riding skills!
Had some funny conversations
Talked about random boob action.
OH, and I hit knee

As for the corning advice it was my pleasure to help get your body position together as my good riding friends did for me when I first started. Other than shifting your weight properly in the corners your a superb rider, solid throttle control, aware of your surroundings, and you control your bike well!

The bump start is a good tool to have in your arsenal in case something like that happens again. That look was priceless, as soon as it started up he looked like a kid who just rode his bike with no training wheels lol

The modular helmet malfunction was indeed hysterical(/frustrating)

"You wanna stop an (face slams shut, lift shield)d get something to eat?" lol

I still cant believe that chick just dropped her shirt like that...mind...blown.
Try to come out east tomorrow and hit that road with me! It'll be good practice! Nice work on the most detailed ride report (and deservingly so) ever!
Clearlynotstefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2011, 06:18 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to ride reports

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): VFR/250r/Gsxr 750

Nice report! I'll try and catch you guys another time.
Snafu is offline   Reply With Quote