ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 26th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Bike Transport

Hey guys,

I'm looking to try and either get myself out to the east coast or Momaru out to the west coast to do some riding together as a thank you for all his help with my Ninja. Obviously riding the Ninja that far might make whichever one of us does it not feel up to the twisties afterwards, so getting the bike transported is in order.
Does anyone have a favorite way to transport a bike, round trip, to the other coast? Backup would be a truck/uhaul setup to haul the bike, but that would reduce the time available to go riding together.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
whaaaaat ride it! Take a multi day vacation and have fun!
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Consider renting a bike by the East Coast as a more economic alternative.

Weather alone may multiply the length of the ride to the coast.

U-haul has trailers for bikes.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Consider renting a bike by the East Coast as a more economic alternative.

Weather alone may multiply the length of the ride to the coast.

U-haul has trailers for bikes.
U checked in 2008 and found that you couldn't rent those for one-way use. STUPID STUPID STUPID
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
I meant local rent of bikes after she travels by car.

In my area there are some sport-touring bikes for rent (BMW) and the typical Harley's.

I imagine that the West coast will have similar service and some places with sport bikes to rent for one or two days.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
So best rate I've found so far is haulbikes.com -- it's $675 each way, but with a 20% discount for round trip -- $1080 total. Bit more than I want, but not completely ridiculous if we make the vacation 2 weeks or so.

I haven't found any 250 rentals in the LA area (most rentals look to cater to things like Ducatis and liter bikes); though if any totally awesome Ninjette user has a spare I'd be happy to talk about that
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote