ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 15th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Animoto
ninjette.org member

Name: Will

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja 250

Please help! Forgot hose connections to gas tank

Hey guy, I've seen a bunch of answers on this issue that helped a lot but i still have some doubts and want assurance, please no diagrams, I've seen them and i don't understand it much, i posted pictures that would help. I just want to be sure specially since i just bought the bike 4 days ago and want to ride the thing already. Its a 2012 ninja, the issue was that the previous owner is in the army and left it out sitting for over a month.

Now when i put it in 1st gear and touched the throttle in anyway while holding the clutch the bike would die. Couldn't ride at all, it would just die, internet SCREAMED carbs, clean your carbs!, 2 days of figuring it out and i finally got it. Placing everything back to see if it worked and sadly i got stuck, i thought i had good pics of everything but i didn't get good ones of the hoses so now I'm stuck again into i figure it out, with some help.

1. after a bunch of reading i realize what he vacuum line was but many forums are describing california style bikes so that's throwing me off. Does the vacuum Line connect from carbs to the T, and from T to vacuum line on the gas tank?

2. Red is the same line from pic 1. Yellow, i think goes to a clear plastic container on the gas tank, towards upper left corner. Is that correct.

3. Different angle, same hose as Pic 2.

4. Comes from a black thing towards center of carbs, i read that it goes to the ground under the seat, but I'm not sure if that's right. Really need verification.

Thanx for any help, i hope this solves my throttle problem and i can start riding tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (128.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (130.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (251.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (157.4 KB, 58 views)
Animoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #2
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Red circle goes to tank pet clock. It actuates the petcock by vacuum to allow fuel to flow to the carbs.

Black circle is fuel overflow hose for gas tank side.

Last yellow circle is carb breather hose.

Old June 15th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Animoto
ninjette.org member

Just making sure, the fuel overflow goes to the ground, and the carb breather hose goes to the ground, is that right?

Red is on a T connection, so the red hose goes to the gas tank as you said, and the other hose to the carb, is that right?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm pretty much a noob atm.

one last thing, its too late today but tomorrow i was going to fill the gas tank half way with premium shell or chevron gas (i think their high quality for some reason) before connecting it back up. Gas tank is mostly empty already, is there anything else i should do, to have best results after carb cleaning.

Old June 15th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animoto View Post
Just making sure, the fuel overflow goes to the ground, and the carb breather hose goes to the ground, is that right? .
Yes

Quote:
Red is on a T connection, so the red hose goes to the gas tank as you said, and the other hose to the carb, is that right?.
Yes for the red hose. Not sure about this other hose going to the carb that you are referring too.

Quote:
one last thing, its too late today but tomorrow i was going to fill the gas tank half way with premium shell or chevron gas (i think their high quality for some reason) before connecting it back up. Gas tank is mostly empty already, is there anything else i should do, to have best results after carb cleaning.
Just use regular unleaded. A lil sea foam wouldn't hurt.

Old June 15th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Animoto
ninjette.org member

No amount of googling can replace talking to some one about this. You sir have saved me from, more hours of looking and guess work. Thank you.

I'm uploading one more pic. The yellow hose is what i was talking about. Its all on a T, and the yellow i have it connected to the carb vacuum line. just want to know if that's right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (290.1 KB, 36 views)

Old June 15th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #6
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Yep that's right

Old June 15th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #7
Animoto
ninjette.org member

Sweet Thank you, maybe if i came on this forum earlier it wouldn't have taken me 3 days to figure out carb cleaning lol.