Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 13th, 2015, 07:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Sam Lowes takes debut Moto2 win

Lowes after taking the chequered flag.

SPEED UP Racing’s Sam Lowes claimed his first Moto2 win in Austin yesterday despite it being a ‘tough race’.

The British rider didn't have a great start in America after crashing heavily numerous times during practice and qualifying at the Circuit of The America’s, and was battered and bruised for the race on Sunday.

Despite the bad start, it didn’t stop Lowes form taking his debut Moto2 victory and establishing himself as a serious title contender for this season.

Speaking after the race on Sunday, Lowes explained:“It was a tough race, because of my three crashes earlier in the weekend, plus it was really important for me to finish after the crash in Qatar.

“Then we had some spots of rain, and I thought ‘oh no!’ but I followed Johann, and I felt like I could go faster, so I got to the front, made my lap times and luckily it was enough!

"I am really happy, thanks to the team for the great job they did, and I am happy to show that I can fight for the Championship. It’s been a tough weekend with the weather and with my crashes, but that shows what a good bond I have with my team, that we made it through the weekend and got the win.

“As for Argentina I enjoyed the track last year and had one of my best races of the season, so hopefully we can go there and win again!”

Related Content

Sam Lowes to ride for Speed Up in Moto2
WSS Portimao testing: Lowes impresses
Alex Lowes to MotoGP with PBM in 2014?
MotoGP 2013: Texas USA race results
Lowes reflective over Sofuoglu’s punt

Click here for full story...