ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old June 17th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Mocha Man's MSF course experience

To put it bluntly, I was bored to tears for the first two days.

But I'm getting ahead of myself...let me start off on day one.

The first day everyone showed up looking slightly nervous. I arrived about 15 minutes early and almost everyone was already there already and I was by far the youngest We all took our designated seats and introduced ourselves to one another. We were separated into 3 groups of 4 people (there were 2 other guys and a hot girl in our group). After introductions, the groups were instructed to come up with a team name. I was quickly established by my team as being the most outgoing person in the group so I was nominated to be the team name-creator. Because our table was littered with bright pink hi-liters, I decided that the best name for our group would be "The Pink Hi-liters from Hell" and told them that that would be our biker gang name once we were done with the class The rest of the time dragged on painfully slow and I was contantly slapping my forehead and banging my head on the desk at how many stupid questions were being asked; "What does it mean to swerve?"..."Do I have to shift up from first gear on a bike?"...etc. Those questions, along with a few scenarios and videos, summed up the fist day.

The second day rolled around and everyone was a lot more cheerful. Personalities began coming out from the depths of the owner and we found out that one lady is a hilarious city bus driver who got dared to take the course last year by people on the bus haha. A few people had Ninjettes so I talked to them about their bikes as well. More scenarios and videos were discussed this day as well and I was as bored as ever, but knew that the third day was fast approaching. The written test was ridiculously easy and I think I was more nervous than I should have been.

Third day! Oh glorious third day, how I loved it so! Finally we were set loose on bikes after arriving at 7 a.m. on the range. We worked first on clutch control and finding the friction zone, which I knew how to do already. One girl couldn't find out how to use the clutch if her life depended on it and somehow she wasn't kicked out of the course, despite brake-checking me whenever I was behind her and holding everyone else up. The hot girl that was in our group and I were always the first ones to get the exercises completed correctly I talked to the rest of the people in our class this day and made friends with everyone. Basic low-speed maneuvers were covered but didn't pose much of a challenge to anyone. In fact, the hardest part was trying not to let their bikes die as they looked new but clearly hadn't been completely treated properly by inexperienced riders.

Day number four finally arrived; and so did 7 a.m. once again. Everyone (including myself) showed up to the range looking extremely nervous as it was testing day. For about 4 and a half hours we covered the rest of the basic safety maneuvers that we may have to execute while on the road and by 11:30 we were eating lunch, anxiously anticipating the final exam. I went to Taco Bell with a new friend that I had made while taking the course and we discussed how easy the final exam would be. He had a great sense of humor and it was fun getting to know him. Noon finally showed up and that signaled the start of the test. I hopped on my bike (a Yamaha XT250) and each person lined up individually. My Beefy Crunch Burrito swam in the pit of my stomach and attempted to make a horrific entry out of my mouth due to my nerves. The final exam covered swerving, braking in a box, turning 90 degrees from a parked position, U-turns, emergency braking, and cornering. Everyone besides the girl who had a difficult time the third day did fairly well on the test and we each went over to the the tables they had set up for us to await our destiny. The people at my original table in the classroom and I were basically the last people left. One guy got his, along with the hot girl. My friend I went to Taco Bell with and I were the only ones left besides the girl who we had assumed failed. She was called up next and when she came out with the card that marked her passing of the course, my friend and I both started busting up laughing because we knew we had it in the bag. I was called in next and they congratulated me with my card and called me "a remarkable young boy" I then decided to wait for my friend to go in so I could congratulate him when he came out. A few minutes passed and he walked around the corner with a disgruntled look on his face. Being the joker that he is, I assumed he was kidding and ran up to him to shake his hand and congratulate him. Unfortunately, my gestures were not returned with a smile but instead with a frown.

"I didn't pass," is all he said.

Assuming again that he was joking I said "Ha! Yeah right, stop pulling my leg! I know you aren't serious."

"But I am serious."

A voice over my shoulder that I assume to have been the bus driver claimed, "That sure looks like a serious face to me."

"It's true," was all he said.

You have absolutely no idea how bad I felt for him after that. I couldn't stop apologizing and he was really nice and told me not to worry since he got in the course for free for being in the military and could retake the test next weekend. I still felt bad, though, but I told him it was an honor to have met him and we parted ways.

Ultimately, I have loved the experience despite being bored at times. I met some truly amazing people and shared a lot of good laughs with them. Everyone in our class had a different personality and it was really cool how we all expressed ourselves in different ways. I believe the course was more of a learning experience socially for me than it was about learning to ride. I'm so glad that I took it, though, and can not wait to share even more good times with other people that I meet!

-Mocha Man

Last futzed with by Mocha Man; June 17th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Should have asked that hot girl to go riding with you
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Should have asked that hot girl to go riding with you
She already had a boyfriend

Old June 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #4
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

How old are you, I bet i'm younger lol
robertkh100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #5
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

1) Get her number anyway
2) Just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score
3) congratulations
4) seriously, that boyfriend wont be around forever.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
1) Get her number anyway
3) congratulations
4) seriously, that boyfriend wont be around forever.
Haha thanks. And I know he might not be but she is already about 23 and had had been with him for a while. As for getting her number, I'm not the best when it comes to getting a girl's number without sounding creepy haha. I have no problem with flirting with them, but I feel weird asking them for their number for some reason, though I'm not completely sure why. She also works as an IT tech person for the military and has to travel a lot so I wouldn't be able to ride with her much anyways. Sad day.

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #7
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkh100 View Post
How old are you, I bet i'm younger lol
You are.

Old June 18th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #8
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Man View Post
Haha thanks. And I know he might not be but she is already about 23 and had had been with him for a while. As for getting her number, I'm not the best when it comes to getting a girl's number without sounding creepy haha. I have no problem with flirting with them, but I feel weird asking them for their number for some reason, though I'm not completely sure why. She also works as an IT tech person for the military and has to travel a lot so I wouldn't be able to ride with her much anyways. Sad day.
Bah, that means nothing. The girl i'm talking to is 21 and married, but she's revealed to me she's unhappy with her marriage and will probably leave the guy.
<- Homewrecker?
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Bah, that means nothing. The girl i'm talking to is 21 and married, but she's revealed to me she's unhappy with her marriage and will probably leave the guy.
<- Homewrecker?
Hahahaha nah, I'll just keep to myself and just go with the flow of things. I don't think I would want to be with someone that was previously married anyways.

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #10
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
<- Homewrecker?
You should totally go out with her! Now you don't even have to wonder what she'll do as soon as she's even remotely unhappy with you!

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Quote:
You should totally go out with her! Now you don't even have to wonder what she'll do as soon as she's even remotely unhappy with you!
My thoughts exactly!

Old June 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #12
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Thanks for your input on a situation you have no clue about! I've known her for 5 years, she's been married for less than 1.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Jim Moore
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninjette, 98 CBR600, 98 VFR800, 2000 BMW R1100RS, Kymco Movie 150

You should definitely **** her then. You deserve to, putting up with her **** for five years. Good luck and have fun!

Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:11 AM   #14
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
Thanks for your input on a situation you have no clue about! I've known her for 5 years, she's been married for less than 1.
Wow, I totally forgot that loyalty in marriage is based on a numbers game. My mistake.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM   #15
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Quote:
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote