ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #1
beqwarrior
ALRE all day

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

ipod?

Just curious does any body listen to their Ipods or any other music device while riding?
beqwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): EX250J

I plan on setting up a mount above my speedometer for my android. I've already dropped quite a bit of money on the bike and I really need to focus on paying for other things right now, so I'm going to hold off until I can afford a nice set of speakers for my helmet.
Liber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #3
thurt88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CRF250L, 2010 ninja 250r

I use the pandora and the rock 98.9 apps on my iPhone. I just put the phone in my pocket. I wouldn't trust any mount for my iPhone on a bike.
thurt88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #4
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

I keep my iPod in the clear map pouch of my tankbag and use Etymotic er6i earphones.

Old May 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #5
beqwarrior
ALRE all day

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
I keep my iPod in the clear map pouch of my tankbag and use Etymotic er6i earphones.
Groovy. My ear buds really kill me after a few minutes.
beqwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #6
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I bought some Sony earplug headphones to other week and ride with those in listening to music. The music doesn't even have to be loud, as the plugs keep out most of the wind noise, yet I can steal hear people talking to me at a stop light.

Just put my iPod on shuffle and go.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Link to another recent music thread with some good pointers to further threads as well.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber View Post
I plan on setting up a mount above my speedometer for my android. I've already dropped quite a bit of money on the bike and I really need to focus on paying for other things right now, so I'm going to hold off until I can afford a nice set of speakers for my helmet.
Like this?

I have a power cable run to it and a headphone extension cable run so I can listen to music
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #9
Mizono
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

I do at times. Just depends on my mood. I have a pocket thats on the inner part of my jacket so its easy to run the headphones up into my helmet. I use the stock ipod headphones and they work pretty good.
Mizono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #10
ladyrocket
ladyrocket

Name: Megan

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

I listen to my ipod but only put the bud in one ear and play it just loud enought to hear but not too loud its distracting

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #11
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

I have mine setup like this:

I have a 12 volt outlet for power and the headphone jack goes out to my Scala Q2 which has speakers in the helmet.

Great setup and works perfectly.

slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #12
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Parrot SK4000 helmet kit plus iPhone here. No wires and works well except that the iPhone 4's bluetooth SUCKS compared to the 3GS and 3G before it (can't stay connected). Because they didn't add AVRCP until after I had an iPhone 4, I didn't switch back to the 3GS right away. For the best results, the original iPhone and iPhone 3G need Music Controls for AVRCP (jailbreak app) and the original iPhone also needs A2DP Enabler (another JB app).

The BT on the iPhone4 sucks so bad that I haven't had my Parrot kit installed since December. I've swapped out the phone several times and my twin brother has the same problems with his. Even when it stays connected, you sometimes can't even use it in your pocket on the same side of your body without your voice becoming unintelligible and robotic sounding! I can't believe so few people complain.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #13
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

I use my iPhone 4 with some skullcandy earbuds. sometimes i'll just use the earbuds to block out the wind noise, but it's nice not having to blast the tunes to hear them and still be able to hear outside noises like traffic and stuff. I have a RAM mount with the iPhone 4 cradle and it's solid. no worries at all about it falling out. I only use it when I need the GPS, rest of the time I keep it in my inside jacket pocket.

I wish someone would come up with a standalone AVRCP remote that I could clip to the handlebars. Since I keep my iPhone in my jacket pocket it's impossible to pause the tunes or adjust the volume while riding.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #14
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
I use my iPhone 4 with some skullcandy earbuds. sometimes i'll just use the earbuds to block out the wind noise, but it's nice not having to blast the tunes to hear them and still be able to hear outside noises like traffic and stuff. I have a RAM mount with the iPhone 4 cradle and it's solid. no worries at all about it falling out. I only use it when I need the GPS, rest of the time I keep it in my inside jacket pocket.

I wish someone would come up with a standalone AVRCP remote that I could clip to the handlebars. Since I keep my iPhone in my jacket pocket it's impossible to pause the tunes or adjust the volume while riding.
In 2008 I saw a wireless remote that clipped to a bicycle handlebar at Target. The receiver plugged into the dock connector. I've heard about A2DP relay hub devices but never seen one. I think a dedicated AVRCP remote would need to relay A2DP to the receiving device. This would add too much delay for videos and games but those aren't relevant on a motorcycle anyway.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #15
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

I have the iPhone in-earphones that have the remote on the right side on the wire. It can start/stop and rewind/ff. Volume control is also on the remote. I believe skullcandy now makes an earphone version with compatible remote now as well.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote