ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old January 4th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #1
KChatham
ninjette.org member

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 1988 EX250 Ninja

Buttonwillow Track Day Feb 19th

Whose all going to this track day with Lets Ride Track Days? This will be my first track day so I'm really looking forward to it, I would love to see some other 250 guys and learn from you all.

I was considering taking the rider school they offer as well. Have any of you heard anything good/bad about it? It's an additional $125 so I don't know if it really worth it.
KChatham is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Hmm its a possibility... depending on how my chuckwalla weekend goes, might need more practice!
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Trackdays with Let's Ride is okay. The only thing I like about their program is that they raffle off free stuff like brake contact cleaners, polish spray, t-shirts, etc. at the rider's meeting. Although that was 3 yrs ago so I don't know if they still do that with the economy and all.

Personally, I would not do their school. You could get the same help/instructions from control riders with Trackdaz or TrackExperience without having to pay additional $$$.

The other thing I don't like about Let's Ride are their prices--so expensive. And the reason why is because they're a smaller trackday org. They're not big like Trackdaz who can offer affordable prices.

Come do a trackday with us.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

hater
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #5
KChatham
ninjette.org member

Who do you guys do your track days with? Trackdaz or TrackExperience? Lets Ride isn't that bad I don't think price wise. I have a coupon code that is active all year round so their prices come out to $145 comparable to the $140 I saw on the Trackdaz website.

Making it out to Chuckwalla would be tough too since I have to borrow my friends truck to transport the bike, but I'd love to do some track time with you all.

Thanks for the suggestion about the rider school too. They offer free instruction at the track day as well so I'll just utilize that instead of actually taking the class.

Old January 6th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
hater

They run their org pretty chill. I just don't like to pay more when I can get it cheaper somewhere else (a.k.a. Cheap@$$).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChatham View Post
Who do you guys do your track days with? Trackdaz or TrackExperience? Lets Ride isn't that bad I don't think price wise. I have a coupon code that is active all year round so their prices come out to $145 comparable to the $140 I saw on the Trackdaz website.
Trackdaz: With their ticket pack discount, it comes out to $99 a spot. Also, they're the ones that sponsor/run the CVMA for racers but they really focus on safety which I like.

TrackExperience is really strict with their riders in terms of making sure each rider belongs in the right group.

But those two seem to be one of the big orgs down here in Socal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChatham View Post
Making it out to Chuckwalla would be tough too since I have to borrow my friends truck to transport the bike, but I'd love to do some track time with you all.
How are you getting to BW now or rather in Feb?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #7
KChatham
ninjette.org member

I'm going to borrow my friends truck for the day and haul the bike there. I could make the drive to Chuckwalla it would just be his discretion on whether he would let me drive 'his' truck down there. So the possibility is there just not as easy as driving an hour to buttonwillow though.