Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Closed Thread

Old March 30th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

650r Cafe Racer for Sale

Yes, I'm selling this. It's been a good project, and is in great condition, but I have a child in college, and this isn't my only bike, so here it is.

It's a modified 2009 EX650 at 12,000 miles. It's been modified to improve performance by reducing weight and retuning the engine, with appropriate suspension and brake mods. To that end, about 70 lbs have been removed by various means (mostly visible), including a Ballistic battery and Yoshimura exhaust, and much frame de-tabbing. Even the gas cap is lightweight (I still have the original locking one).

The bike has a Power Commander V mapped for its exhaust and its aftermarket air filter. It has a new Renthal chain and new sprockets. The rear sprocket actually has a couple of extra teeth over stock, so the bike could be even faster than it is, if you return to the stock size.

In the suspension department, it has Sport Bars, CGR levers, a RaceTech-prepared fork, a Progressive rear shock and spring, and Venhill steel brake lines. The tires are low-mileage Shinko Podiums, and I have an extra Pirelli rear that I'll throw in.

In the appearance department, the bike has rattle-can silver paint to match the frame, a giant 1982 Suzuki GS1100E headlight (which is rare and worth about $150 itself), and an aftermarket LED taillight and turn signals. I also have a standard black and chrome 7" round headlight that can be swapped for the giant one, if desired.

The seat uses the factory foam and cover, so it's comfortable. There's a storage compartment in the tail section. Mirrors are CRG Arrow, which are very high-quality.

This bike is arm-stretching quick, and it turns and handles very nicely. Wet weight is 380 lbs, which is about 70 less than the claimed factory weight.

Because this is Chicago, the bike has Oxford heated grips, which are very high quality and work well. They have a relay to prevent accidental battery discharge when the bike is turned off.

For build details, check out my posts. I'm asking $3,500. I'm not interested in trades. The bike is in the Western suburbs of Chicago, and has a clear Illinois title. Test riders are welcome.

I have a big box of take-off parts that also come with the bike. It gives some idea of how much weight has been removed.

PM with any questions.

More photos (there are more in the build posts):

Last futzed with by Chicagobob; April 4th, 2015 at 06:54 AM.

Old March 30th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Now this is a clean and awesome bike, good luck with the sale

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.

Old March 31st, 2015, 12:14 PM   #3
Kruse08
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): 99 Ninja 250

Beautiful bike and if I had the money or you wanted another 250 I would take this in a heart beat. I am going to be getting a ninja 650 in the next few years and wow.

Old April 4th, 2015, 11:48 AM   #4
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

Sold! Thanks, everyone!

Old April 4th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #5
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Awesome, hope it went to a good home.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.

Closed Thread