ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I despise USPS

Start rant-

On numerous occasions i have fallen victim to the crappy USPS service. I try to avoid using them for anything if i can help it. Will often choose a different vender even at a higher cost if i notice that the cheaper one uses USPS in any form.

Few weeks ago i ordered jets, They never got delivered, It said unable to deliver as addressed. 1hr after this got posted i called USPS to find out where my package was and that it had to be in town at a center somewhere and i would just pick it up. They said "well that is not our policy, and it is most certainly already being sent back to the sender, there is no way you can get this package" Great, i really wanted this package like yesterday so i am super excited about waiting another week. Contacted sender, they said they will refund when they get the package back. Ok thats good, so i reorder so i can get my jets ASAP. A few days go by and finally get my jets i re ordered. 2 days later, I get the original order as well, WTF!? Just goes to show their customer service doesn't know what is going on, they have no info on your package, where it is, what it is doing, they are clueless and just tell you BS because they have no clue.

So ordered some parts for my dirtbike early last week. Normally if i order by Wednesday from anywhere east of Texas with ground i easily get packages by or on following Friday. So i ordered lots of stuff from various websites all on the same day. One in Texas, and 2 in TN. I received one from TN 2 days ago, the one from TX Yesterday, and the other from TN that has been in USPS hands has showed no movement since Wednesday 22nd. Despite being 2hrs away from my house on Wednesday the expected delivery is Tuesday 28th. I thought the package was coming UPS, but i should have looked closer to see that the shipper uses UPS in conjunction with USPS. So i call USPS and say look, there is no reason for this to take 3 days to travel 2hrs, when it traveled from TN to OH in 1 day (UPS leg) Then transferred to USPS in OH then from OH to NY then to PA in 2days, not to mention why it went from OH to Buffalo NY in the first place instead of just straight to PA. Please just tell me where my package is, what USPS office it is just sitting at collecting dust and I will walk there, pick it up and walk back to my place before USPS can deliver it using whatever methods they use these days? Obviously they have no information on the package and have no clue where it is, only that it is "in transit" which translates into, (we have no clue where it is, how it is being moved or if it is being moved at all, but we do know that you have not received it yet, and we can only tell you that because you personally just told us that)

End rant
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Z-Trob
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 99 250, 06 Speed Triple, 2009 husky 510SMR

yeah they are the worst couriers by far. i have had 3 orders now that have not made it to me which i have had to go pick up myself. they were labeled something like "unable to deliver as addressed" or some other BS like that. i get the package and clear as day it has the correct address of my house on it... UPS and Fed-ex can find my house just fine, but those other clowns don't seem to have a clue.

Old May 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #3
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

I like usps. Only courier thats comes in the morning. Not freakin 5 in the afternoon.
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLick415 View Post
I like usps. Only courier thats comes in the morning. Not freakin 5 in the afternoon.
5 in the afternoon a day or 2 sooner
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #5
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
5 in the afternoon a day or 2 sooner
Nah Im never home to get my packages from UPS. Usually just do will call.
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #6
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Before you rant, you should understand how the system works. Why did it say undeliverable as addressed? Did the shipper type or print the wrong address? How did the shipper send it, did they send it first class mail w/tracking? Express Mail, Priority Mail or Standard Post? Depending on the class of mail the shipper chooses, determines the amount of days you will receive your package. UPS and FEDEX have a contract with USPS. Those companies (again depends on the shipper and what they choose as it's usually cheaper for them) drop the packages off at the closest USPS facility, then USPS takes control of it and carries on the delivery.

Here's the thing, when UPS and FEDEX deliver them to USPS, it will tell the customer that the package was dropped off at the USPS facility, which confuses customers because those don't get processed (usually) until the next day. If you live in a large city with a huge population, then no, USPS can't just find your package if it hasn't been fully processed as these things are in bags, crates and so forth with a million of other people's packages. Also, the shipper and or tracking should give you the expected delivery date, if you want it faster, then you need to pay for that. Express Mail is the only class of mail that gives you a guaranteed delivery date or your money back, every other class of mail is "expected/estimated." If you have any questions about any of this, feel free to ask me.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #7
NealWright
ninjette.org member

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250

I prefer USPS ... Priority Mail is the best value out there! 2-3 day delivery, online tracking, and seldom spend over $10.

For deliveries ... I prefer USPS, but it does help to have a good relationship with your route carrier.

Thanks, Neal
NealWright is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #8
voidrider
ninjette.org member

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 2000 Kawasaki Super Sherpa

We have a "hidden house" that is off the street the address is on, up an alleyway...

UPS finds us, I have had perhaps 2-3 shipments that were delayed out of perhaps a hundred.

Fed Ex, seem to find the house about a third of the time. The last time they turned the parcel over to the USPS to deliver!!! So that came in days late and was related to a contract I was working. FUN! NOT!

The other couriers out there....OMG, probably can't find our town...
voidrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #9
j98sprint
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): '02 Ninja 250, '98 Triumph Sprint 900, '69 H-D Sportster XLCH 900

I work for these clowns. Management is incompetent, as is most of the government. Complain, a lot. Nothing gets corrected without lots of complaints.

However, Priority mail is a good value.
j98sprint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #10
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I like the postal service better than FedEx... If I wanted my boxes thrown in the middle of the walkway of my apartments I'd do it myself! The post office puts them in a mailbox, ups rings the bell or leaves them in the front office.

Old July 4th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #11
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

I like USPS. Get something sent to my PO box and I can pick it up at my convenience. Get something from UPS or FedEx they drive around the cul de sac and chuck it over my fence. So, if I happen to notice it, I'll get it, or if I get notification that it's been delivered, I can go look in the weeds. If it isn't something that can be broken, of course.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #12
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Name: W

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (sold), 2012 Tuono V4R

The only time I trust USPS is for EMS/Express Mail. Think about it, the more money you pay, the more likely you'll get good service. I don't even trust Priority Mail, for goodness sake!

I use DHL and FedEx a lot myself for shipping from overseas stores, particularly from Taiwan, Japan, and Hong Kong.
Soujyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #13
baxtc1
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): '92 GPX 250 (Gone and replaced with '08 V-Strom), 2005 Suzuki C50.

Everything I buy from America is sent usps, I can track it accross America, but once it hits Australia it falls off the planet, not heard of again until it lands on the door step.
baxtc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #14
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

I use USPS to mail things because I like the old timey feel of Post Offices o:

A lot of **** can go wrong with the mail and they haven't ****ed up for me yet.
Meanwhile UPS has robbed my family of an heirloom painting by what we assume was breaking the glass in the frame it was in, destroying it as damaged and then saying they came 3 separate times when someone was always home those three days
The painting was one of three my mimi gave to her children when she passed. She didn't have money but this painting was hanging in their childhood home and went to my uncle.

He never got it. They never owned up and claimed it was his fault.

So yeah, as far as what brown can do for me, they can go **** themselves.
Daks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #15
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

USPS = government run. They could care less if your precious gift item/shopping purchase is delivered. It has no effect on them.

They have a monopoly on cheap delivery services. I work at a retail shipping outlet and it is unbelievable the amount of people who complain about USPS. Most don't realize that they technically aren't liable for items that are lost/misdelivered unless it is insured.

Remember: if you have expensive/valuable goods needing transport: always insure it through UPS/FedEx. They are private enterprises. Their business model requires at least decent service.
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote