ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 6th, 2020, 12:19 AM   #1
kwakka
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki & Suzuki

gpx 2002

thanks for having me, I am in West Australia/Perth, I have a GPX2002 Aus model and have recently stripped carbies and cleaned and re-fitted. Forgot to take pics of fuel tank hoses. Just finishing hooking up hoses and trying to follow my manual which appears to me to be different in subtle ways ? My questions are ; does my Fuel overflow hose run to ground ? my manual is saying it goes to a emission control cannister ?? I don't think I have such a cannister. And why does my radiator have a hose that runs to carby, what purpose does radiator fluid have in the carburettor ?? And should I retrofit a fuel in-line filter prior to the main fuel line entering carburettor? thanks to anyone who can help, great family of brother Ninjettes. regards
kwakka
kwakka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2020, 05:46 AM   #2
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): GPX250 1989 model and 1990 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakka View Post
thanks for having me, I am in West Australia/Perth, I have a GPX2002 Aus model and have recently stripped carbies and cleaned and re-fitted. Forgot to take pics of fuel tank hoses. Just finishing hooking up hoses and trying to follow my manual which appears to me to be different in subtle ways ? My questions are ; does my Fuel overflow hose run to ground ? my manual is saying it goes to a emission control cannister ?? I don't think I have such a cannister. And why does my radiator have a hose that runs to carby, what purpose does radiator fluid have in the carburettor ?? And should I retrofit a fuel in-line filter prior to the main fuel line entering carburettor? thanks to anyone who can help, great family of brother Ninjettes. regards
kwakka

I have an Australian delivered 1990 GPX250 and my fuel tank overflow goes straight to the ground as there is no canister. There is no hose from the radiator to the carb. Wondering if it’s actually the pipe to the cooling system expansion/overflow tank you have somehow connected to the carb? An in-line filter isn’t a bad idea. I put one on mine.

Old May 7th, 2020, 09:12 AM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I think you got lots of hoses mixed up. How many ports/hoses comes off your tank? As far as I can tell, only CA models have 3 hoses coming from tank with an EVAP canister.

1. Small radiator hose beneath cap goes to bottom of coolant reservoir

2. Overflow, actually vent hose, from between carbs curves towards back and exits out next to shock next to drain hose from airbox.

3. Two tank hose goes to purge-valve which then connects to evaporative canister. I think in your case, these do not exist.

4. Third, or single tank hose in your case, connects to vent under gas cap goes down past shock and exits near airbox drain hose

On carbs, one vaccum port goes to petcock (orange). Larger hose from petcock goes to petrol-inlet on carbs (purple). Install inline filter on this purple hose.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2020, 04:30 PM   #4
kwakka
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki & Suzuki

thanks guys, yeah I worked it out , my GPX250 does not have an evap cannister as my manual indicates and only has 1 hose fitting on the tank which is the vapour breather. The only other hoses from tank , run via the petcock. And worked out that the radiator fluid runs through the throttle housing to prevent freezing. And yes I will add a fuel filter, seems crazy they didn't come standard. Thanks to all who helped me on this thread.
kwakka is offline   Reply With Quote