ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 25th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #1
NinjaZX6R123
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ninja

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX6R, 2009 Ninja 250R

Bought a 2009 Ninja 250R. Time to Farkle it up.

So a friend of mine's sold me his 2009 Ninja 250R for $2,000 with only 350 miles on it. Was an offer I couldn't refuse even though I already own a 2013 ZX6R. Would be nice to go back to using the 250 as a commuter and it's a blast to hit the twisties. Only issue is the bike has been sitting for a year so it won't start. That's fine, I switched the battery out to the EVO2, got iridium NGK spark plugs, and will clean out the carburetor as well as re-jet it with Factory Pro's and K&N filter pods.

Also ordered Pazzo shorty levers in white, HR1 Exhaust (plan to remove cat from stock pipes), KOSO RX2 Gauge plug and play from RaceTech. Evan was very professional and made ordering a breeze. I ended up ordering the full Ducati fairings kit from Jayaraya Motor, Indonesia. The shipping price was insane, but it's my hobby. Tax return money. Said why not and bit the bullet. Ordered it in all white with no decals and is being painted right now. Will probably take 2 months before I even see it. Attached an image to this post.

Trying to get my hands on the 4.5" Rossi rims in white to get bigger tires but it seems to be all sold out and manufacturer is delaying. I'll update everyone once I'm done which will probably be months. I'm excited.

NinjaZX6R123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2014, 01:01 AM   #2
Aerio
Enter Title Here

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

How much did those fairings cost without shipping? They definetly are really sweet looking.
Aerio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2014, 01:40 AM   #3
NinjaZX6R123
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerio View Post
How much did those fairings cost without shipping? They definetly are really sweet looking.
Full fairings with lights roughly $1000 USD.

Old April 12th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #4
thelittleone
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tiff

Motorcycle(s): '08 Red Ninja 250r

Man. That looks good. I was looking to change the headlights in the 250 cause they're so outdated compared to the newer models of bikes. But 1k is so expensive for a fairing kit.

Please post pics once you're done!
thelittleone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #5
NinjaZX6R123
ninjette.org guru

Last futzed with by NinjaZX6R123; April 15th, 2014 at 12:33 AM.

Old June 5th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #6
abdielap
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Abdiel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

any pics??
abdielap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #7
NinjaZX6R123
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdielap View Post
any pics??
None since I ended up going with the 31BLK kit from Josh Brasse which hasn't even been shipped yet. See my other thread. I did get the front and side part of this kit and it's sitting in my room.

Old June 6th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #8
MrSavvy
ninjette.org member

Name: Crash dummy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Why put a 'Ducati fairing kit' on a Ninja 250? People will expect it to go fast.

The headlights do look sweet though.
MrSavvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #9
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
Why put a 'Ducati fairing kit' on a Ninja 250? People will expect it to go fast.

The headlights do look sweet though.
no but they might expect it to make a lot of noise and cost a lot to fix

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #10
supersport
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

I want to buy a used 250 just for this kit.

Does jayaraya motor speak english and ship to the states?
supersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #11
abdielap
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaZX6R123 View Post
None since I ended up going with the 31BLK kit from Josh Brasse which hasn't even been shipped yet. See my other thread. I did get the front and side part of this kit and it's sitting in my room.
Hey i would like to risk my self for ninjette guys... I already entered to jayarayamotor website but the ducatti body they got there is all red... I would like to get it white as in your pic.

Please let me know if you could give me more information, or any contact.

Old June 6th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #12
NinjaZX6R123
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersport View Post
I want to buy a used 250 just for this kit.

Does jayaraya motor speak english and ship to the states?
Quote:
Hey i would like to risk my self for ninjette guys... I already entered to jayarayamotor website but the ducatti body they got there is all red... I would like to get it white as in your pic.

Please let me know if you could give me more information, or any contact.
The kit when totaled with shipping cost will run you over $2,000. So, it's not worth it, at least to me. He does owe me the tank cover, fenders, and back part but I didn't bother paying for shipping. Which is $500 DHL and takes 1 week to deliver.

If you are interested and live near Los Angeles, California, I will be willing to sell you the front/side parts for $250 and then if you wire him $500 I will tell him to ship you the back part he owes me. That's $750 for the whole kit. Or you can buy the front/side parts from me and buy the rear from Sportisi US which would probably run cheaper and better quality (Sportisi doesn't make the front part).

Communication with them is tough because they write in broken English and they don't quite understand everything you ask them. You can just ask for a non-paint one and paint it white yourself. Would probably do a better paint job.

Do realize this is a kit from Indonesia, so the quality is not as great as others. Also, this isn't plug and play. You will have to drill holes and come up with your own bolts.

Their email contact is: jayaraya_motor@yahoo.com

Old June 6th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #13
abdielap
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaZX6R123 View Post
The kit when totaled with shipping cost will run you over $2,000. So, it's not worth it, at least to me. He does owe me the tank cover, fenders, and back part but I didn't bother paying for shipping. Which is $500 DHL and takes 1 week to deliver.

If you are interested and live near Los Angeles, California, I will be willing to sell you the front/side parts for $250 and then if you wire him $500 I will tell him to ship you the back part he owes me. That's $750 for the whole kit.

Communication with them is tough because they write in broken English and they don't quite understand everything you ask them. You can just ask for a non-paint one and paint it white yourself. Would probably do a better paint job.

Do realize this is a kit from Indonesia, so the quality is not as great as others. Also, this isn't plug and play. You will have to drill holes and come up with your own bolts.

Their email contact is: jayaraya_motor@yahoo.com
thanks a lot for your comment... i thought it was plug and play if not, i think it wont be a good idea for me right know, i just moved myself and dont have like good workshop....

Btw.. I'am from Panama, Central America. But i got a PO BOx in miami, and thats how i bring things here.

thanks a lot anyway... ill be looking for someone that make this plug & play kit

Old June 6th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #14
NinjaZX6R123
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
thanks a lot for your comment... i thought it was plug and play if not, i think it wont be a good idea for me right know, i just moved myself and dont have like good workshop....

Btw.. I'am from Panama, Central America. But i got a PO BOx in miami, and thats how i bring things here.

thanks a lot anyway... ill be looking for someone that make this plug & play kit
You're welcome. It's not that hard to install. Just have to buy bolts and drill the holes in the kit. As of right now, no one has a Ducati kit for the 250 that's plug and play and I don't think anyone will ever make one. At least not in the states where copyright laws and getting sued is an issue. Here's what I got from them.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'll sell it to you for $250 and throw in the Ducati mirrors with turn signal. Ha.

Old June 6th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #15
supersport
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Also would like to thank you for the info.

I thought the ducati kit was $1k and easy to install. I was thinking about getting a really beat up 250 and slap the farkle kit on for my gf. Don't really want her to learn on my 300.

If i can find a 250 for good price i'll PM you to see if you still have the kit.
supersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #16
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Looking forward to seeing the pictures with it installed!