ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 08 250 - Blue Magic

OEM Turn Signals Mirrors

I know there are a couple of aftermarket options for turn signal mirrors, but I was curious if there would be any big foreseeable snags about trying to mount a Ducati, Suzuki or even new Honda mirrors to the 250? Has anyone tried this?

I know it will not be a simple plug and play, but I haven't heard great things about turn signal mirrors from eBay. I'm thinking that the OEM lamps would be brighter and offer a better mirror too. And coupled with a couple of flush mounts, I think the 250 would like really good.

My concern is voltage and drilling into the front fairing. Any input would be appreciated!
RiderOnTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #2
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eduardo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r special edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
I know there are a couple of aftermarket options for turn signal mirrors, but I was curious if there would be any big foreseeable snags about trying to mount a Ducati, Suzuki or even new Honda mirrors to the 250? Has anyone tried this?

I know it will not be a simple plug and play, but I haven't heard great things about turn signal mirrors from eBay. I'm thinking that the OEM lamps would be brighter and offer a better mirror too. And coupled with a couple of flush mounts, I think the 250 would like really good.

My concern is voltage and drilling into the front fairing. Any input would be appreciated!

Pictures of those mirrors please
NinjaBoyEddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #3
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 08 250 - Blue Magic

Good call!

The first one is a GSX-R mirror. The second should be a Panigale 1199s and the last should be for a CBR. Im not going to do any cutting or even order anything until I can see these parts in person. But do you think that with a bit of modification I could get something to fit?

250-one.jpg Ducati Parts Online 2012-05-11 om 8.08.51 AM.jpg 31ddGzhN1oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
RiderOnTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2016, 12:14 PM   #4
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

I would like to *bump* this thread because I have the exact question and no one has answered this person.
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2016, 12:25 PM   #5
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Drilling holes is easy and turn signals do not use much power. If they are LED you would need a new relay made for LEDs. They are cheap and easy to install as plugging in a lamp.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2016, 12:28 PM   #6
Lazarus
ninjette.org member

Name: RJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

With a little elbow grease and plenty of patience/motivation it can be done. You may have to buy an extra 250 fairing piece for the front to mock up the mirrors (unless you are willing to risk the one on your bike already). All it requires is finding a way to mount the mirrors, make sure everything fits when you put it back together, then wire them in. (Provided you have switched out the front and rear turn signals to l.e.d and put a new flasher relay in)

That being said I have never seen it done in person. The eBay/amazon aftermarket l.e.d mirrors are junk. Both snapped on me during my normal commute. I've been thinking about just mounting l.e.d. strips/lights to my stock mirrors and wiring them in, it would look pretty ghetto but with my flush mount turn signals cagers have a hard time telling which way I'm turning.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2016, 12:30 PM   #7
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Any input from @rojoracing53?
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #8
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
2013 ZX-10 mirrors work great and end up about one inch wider then stock so they work much better. The real win is they are indexed with the folding so you can fold them for narrow lane splitting, then pop them back out and still have them be perfectly adjusted. The catch is mounting them on bike since the mount is completely different.

I ended up CNC machining a very complex 3d spiral adapter that required 3hrs of machine time on a 3-axis machine. No I won't make any more due to the massive cost in time. You can search my old threads for my build that explains the whole process but you'll need to dig deep as it was like 4 years ago.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2016, 12:46 PM   #9
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
To answer the other part of your question. No, no other bikes mirrors are going to just drop on. They will range from impossible to nearly impossible. The ducati mirrors were on my list of potential options before a ZX-10 forum member came through with a set for $150. Oh yeah, oem mirrors with built in blinkers are crazy expensive but the quality is noticeable.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote