ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 16th, 2024, 02:42 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[crash.net - MotoGP] - EXCLUSIVE: Frankie Carchedi's verdict on Marc Marquez's first

Marc Marquez’s crew chief Frankie Carchedi: “As the year goes on, we will improve. It's all a case of the first 3-4 races, how high that starting level is.”

Click here for full story...

Old February 17th, 2024, 12:24 PM   #2
Mohawk
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): ZZR250, VFR800

The problem with MotoGP's lack of rider testing means it's much harder to get the bike adjusted to suit the rider. Whilst Marquez is a talented rider he has never been a development rider. Look what happened to the Honda on his watch, no one can ride it including him. Verses the KTM that Dani Pedrosa helped develop! So will Marquez shine or is he now an old dude surrounded by young bloods ready to shine ? �� 2024 will tell.
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2024, 08:04 AM   #3
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
My buddies and I watch the entire series (Moto3, 2, GP) weekly, and disagree on how Marquez will start the season.

I think he will immediately be in the hunt, but my buddies think he's over-the-hill and won't be around too much longer.

Given a choice of one of the classes, I'll take Moto3 over the others - those guys really battle! Not like the bikes are slow either, at some tracks they clocked over 145 MPH out of a 250cc single, just inches from each other. Leads change constantly, and riders go from 1st to 4th in a blink of an eye. Many of the riders are in their teens (no fear!).

MotoGP is fine, but for me, doesn't have the same gritty riding of Moto3.

Moto2 is in between. Joe Roberts is the only American, and he has had some good results, with a pole and 4th place finish last season. American John Hopkins is part of the team as well.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote