ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #1
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

Web Cams (performance)

Does anyone run these cams? Better yet, anyone with the 13.0:1 JE pistons?

Good? Any issues with pistons and clearance?

GRIND
NUMBER

568/176

Link here, but you have to enter the Ninja into the product search. I cannot link direct.

http://www.webcamshafts.com/
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #2
bruce71198
ninjette.org sage

Name: bruce

Motorcycle(s): Race bikes:08 Ninja 250,11 R6,16 ZX6,SV650.3 HD-1947,2-2003,2010. 1946 Indian and a lot of dirt bikes.2

Are you asking this question after the fact ? I can'y imagine they would manufacture a cam to hit the piston, and the 13;1 pistons apear to have good valve releifs in them.
bruce71198 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
(new member, first post, question about engine performance mod)
if i had a nickel for every time...

Can't currently help you with your question but i am looking into dropping HC pistons into my engine this winter, perhaps JE 13:1, i need to call them and ask lots of questions about how they fit and if i need to shave anything ect... I am sure they will give me this big speech about how they should fit with out any alterations but make sure you measure, take molds blah blah blah before you put them in just to make sure.

When the weather finally gets to bad for me to ride forcing me to put the bike away which in turn gives me time to tinker with it, i will have the answer to these questions and more but until then i do not know.....so if you find any info out before me i expect a full write up good and bad.

Good luck
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #4
mgentz
Board Member

first post yes, new member no. Also, I am fairly knowledgeable about engines and motorcycles but I refuse to be the test mule for something that goes ***BOOM***. Saying that, I plan to get the head ported and the 13.0:1 pistons fit winter. The cams I may wait on until I get more feedback or more time to tinker.

As for the pistons, Racer X told me that they fit and work well with one exception: YOU MUST SHIM THE SPARK PLUG .020 as the piston hits the plug. Other than this, he ran them for over 1 year and had no issues. Many others have run these or even the overbore versions as well. I have found no stories of ***BOOM*** so I am fairly confident.

Should I change my mind, I'll let you know as I'll have some pistons to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
(new member, first post, question about engine performance mod)
if i had a nickel for every time...

Can't currently help you with your question but i am looking into dropping HC pistons into my engine this winter, perhaps JE 13:1, i need to call them and ask lots of questions about how they fit and if i need to shave anything ect... I am sure they will give me this big speech about how they should fit with out any alterations but make sure you measure, take molds blah blah blah before you put them in just to make sure.

When the weather finally gets to bad for me to ride forcing me to put the bike away which in turn gives me time to tinker with it, i will have the answer to these questions and more but until then i do not know.....so if you find any info out before me i expect a full write up good and bad.

Good luck

Old November 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #5
jasle
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09Ninja250, Ducati Monster 800ie, Harley FXSTS,Rebel 250,CR144,KX85,RM85L

how much are the JE pistons?

Old December 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM   #6
mgentz
Board Member

$300 or so on ebay, $340 or so elsewhere

Old December 1st, 2012, 08:53 AM   #7
jasle
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09Ninja250, Ducati Monster 800ie, Harley FXSTS,Rebel 250,CR144,KX85,RM85L

gotcha...wiseco HC pistons can be had for $280ish. no need for shimming of the plug reportedly.