ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 17th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #1
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Thumbs down He was so cool

So, today was a beautiful day and I wasn't going to let the plugged tire stop me from riding. Got home from work, showered and changed into jeans and tank. Put on my jacket, boots, gloves and helmet and headed west toward the back roads in Lincoln Park. Over all, it was a good ride due to many twisties. I rode for about 45 minutes and decided to jump onto Rt46 to get back home. After about 25 minutes on Rt 46 some squid with just a tee shirt, jeans and sneakers wot pass me going at least 30mph over my speed. He was weaving in and out of traffic like a zebra running from a lion. We got to the traffic lights and I was behind him but made sure I was far behind because I didn't want to be associated with him. He turn his back to look back at me and nodded like he was saying "see how cool I was". I looked at him and said to myself "watever dude, you got nothing on me."
Anyways, I was able to pull into autozone to get a pressure gauge. Checked out the back tire. It was at 39 psi.
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #2
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

I was behind a guy like that one night, wheelying with his gf on the back. I hung way back then unfortunately was behind him at a red light. he too looked back and nodded his head like "did u see that."
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #3
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Wow, u guyz just don't no kewl!

Old August 18th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #4
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Maybe he couldn't get it up without her?
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

People get motorcycles to enjoy them, for the most part, so them hitting the limits isn't so bad, is it? As long as they can control themselves and do it in a safe manner. but as they zoom through cars and swerve, I think its probably a wise idea to wear the proper gear, just in case.
Blackwidow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #6
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
People get motorcycles to enjoy them, for the most part, so them hitting the limits isn't so bad, is it? As long as they can control themselves and do it in a safe manner. but as they zoom through cars and swerve, I think its probably a wise idea to wear the proper gear, just in case.
This is true. However when the act like complete idiots with no regard for anyone else on the road, zooming in and out of traffic going 20+ over the posted limit, doing stunts on the highway with other vehicles around it gives off a very bad image. This then reflects on how all other riders are seen regardless of how they ride. People will see those idiots acting stupid and build hatred and resentment toward any and all on 2-wheels. This then makes it hard for the rest of us to just ride in peace and be accepted by the general public.

Taking it to the limits and stunting should only be done in a controlled environment where there are safety crews standing by. It should also only be done when the proper safety gear is worn.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #7
Blackwidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
This then makes it hard for the rest of us to just ride in peace and be accepted by the general public.
Are we aliens or something just cuz we have the desire to ride a two wheel vehicle? I didn't know riders were such outcasts! When i see a red corvette zooming down the street cutting off people and swerving, I don't automatically assume anyone that drives a red corvette is a douch bag. If people that don't ride assume that all riders are idiots, then really, aren't THEY the ones that are idiots for making such assumptions? Do we really care if those closed minded people "accept" us?

I 100% agree with you, stunts should be done in a controlled environment,

Old August 18th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #8
Guinss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Simen

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R (Black)

Just because a few bikers act like crazy, I doubt people think all bikers are like that.
There are always someone doing stupid stuff in the traffic. No matter what vehicle their in control of. Cars, trucks, bikes.
In my opinion, cars are the worst. Those who own a bike and ride often, often have a more developed interest of driving well, using gear, maintenance their bike etc. That's why "squids" are so easy noticeable, they stick out from the crowd.

Guinss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #9
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

Quote:
If people that don't ride assume that all riders are idiots, then really, aren't THEY the ones that are idiots for making such assumptions? Do we really care if those closed minded people "accept" us?
Its not so much caring if they accept us or not, its more when you get people that see the stunters and people weaving in and out of traffic and build up a hatred towards people on two wheels. Sometimes it gets bad enough that they take out their anger on someone else on two wheels even though they may be completely obeying the rules.
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM   #10
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue 250R

cant stand rt 46, the speed limit is way too slow, and creates a hazard for drivers/riders that move at a speed safely above the limit. compound that by the fact that the drivers rarely move to the right lane if they see you coming up on them fast.

Old August 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #11
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Maybe he just nodded to acknowledge you were there. I do that when I'm stopped at a light and a rider I'm not riding with happens to pull up behind me. Doesn't mean I drive like an idiot, but assuming he is nodding at you because you have the idea he is telling you "hey I'm cool' makes you just as dumb. I don't even see the point in why your mad about it, its his life, people are dumb, you can't fix stupid. I don't think I have EVER had someone in a car pull up and complain because I was riding with a head on my shoulders. I've never heard anyone talking crap before or after about all people who ride being dumb. If anything I hear that its dumb to ride because its so unsafe, not because everyone who ride acts like an idiot.

On a side note glad you got your tire fixed.

Old August 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #12
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe531 View Post
Its not so much caring if they accept us or not, its more when you get people that see the stunters and people weaving in and out of traffic and build up a hatred towards people on two wheels. Sometimes it gets bad enough that they take out their anger on someone else on two wheels even though they may be completely obeying the rules.
Exactly. It's more about how they react to us on the road. I've read too many stories of cage drivers acting out towards motorcyclists doing nothing wrong just because they have a hatred toward them because of idiots on 2 wheels before them.

Blackwidow, just because you're better then the general public by not prejudging everyone that drives the same car as some idiot driving recklessly (and that is meant as a major compliment) doesn't mean that the general public does the same. We live in a society where people judge first and learn second. It's something we have to accept and watch out for, otherwise it will be us that pays for it in the end by someone being mad at some idiot squid doing wheelies at 150mph down the highway and taking it out on the innocent.

Even the police are guilty of this. There was a video of an arrest made by police officers of a couple on a bike that did nothing wrong. There had been reports of 2 bikers (on separate bikes) racing down the highway. Then the cops come across a couple (on one bike) on the shoulder about to get back on the highway. The cops surround them and jump out of their cars weapons drawn like it's a hostage situation and demand him off the bike. As soon as his passenger is off and before he can get off, they pull him from the bike knocking the bike down, throw him to the ground and arrest him. All the while there are the people who called it in yelling that the cops have the wrong guy.

This is what can happen when people build up a prejudice to other people of a demographic based on the stupid acts of a few. I personally would rather have the public see me for the rider that I am and not the rider(s) that pissed them off.

Old August 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #13
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I don't know how true this is but YEARS ago, well before I had any interest in riding, some riders on Anandtech's forum reported an incident where they received speeding tickets in a parking lot and, when objecting, the officer just said that he was sure that they had been speeding at some point that night and gave them their tickets.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #14
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I don't know how true this is but YEARS ago, well before I had any interest in riding, some riders on Anandtech's forum reported an incident where they received speeding tickets in a parking lot and, when objecting, the officer just said that he was sure that they had been speeding at some point that night and gave them their tickets.
No way that stood in court, and if the officer did that he's lucky he didn't get suspended.

Old August 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #15
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
I make sure to wheelie and stoppie when lanesplitting and coming to a light. it make's people notice you more and keeps you safe because if they look at you they wont hit you! plus it makes me cool. i'm really good at it too and am psychic about road conditions and have 20/5 vision so i can see oil on the road so i don't need to worry about gear.

damn helmet laws!

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #16
spooph

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
I make sure to wheelie and stoppie when lanesplitting and coming to a light. it make's people notice you more and keeps you safe because if they look at you they wont hit you! plus it makes me cool. i'm really good at it too and am psychic about road conditions and have 20/5 vision so i can see oil on the road so i don't need to worry about gear.

damn helmet laws!

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #17
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I had to ride my bike 480+ miles home from the dealer in VA/WV to GA. That same day, a guy wheelied past me and gestured for me to catch up. Yeah right... not while I'm on my first day of riding, in my break in period, and shouldn't even be on the freeway (constant RPMs)!

Anyway, when I got to Atlanta there were many more sportbikers out that night, all pulling along side me in groups and then speeding off, as if they expected me to fall in and join. For simplicity's sake, being a newb and all, I stayed on I-85 straight through the downtown connector instead of taking the I-285 bypass. They all seemed to be doing the same but probably because they lived in the city (I lived a bit south in Newnan, GA). Traffic slowed to a crawl and stopped just as I was passing the center of the city. I soon found out why: One of the sport bikers who likely passed me earlier was now part of the pavement. I had an excuse then, but I've never felt the temptation to imitate since.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #18
Blackwidow

valid points Mike. I always thought people in cars would be a lot more cautious around bikes, afterall, if you take a bikers life, you're in debt for life pretty much. I've told my family and friends, if anything were to happen to me where I couldn't fight the case, I hope they suck every penny out of the a-hole that hit me, at least my family will be set for life. IF I happen to live in an accident a jerk caused, I will make sure they remember it for the rest of their life as I will.

Being pissed off because of another rider and causing injury to another is not even remotely a good reason to risk someone life. Nothing is.

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #19
Blackwidow

Quote:

damn helmet laws!
LOL smarta$$

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #20
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
I always thought people in cars would be a lot more cautious around bikes, afterall, if you take a bikers life, you're in debt for life pretty much.
While this would be appreciated if it were the case, it's actually not as likely as we may want. The AMA publishes examples of injustices every month, where a car driver receives nothing other than a ticket (if that) for taking a motorcyclist's life, let alone any prosecution or other evidence that would make a large civil settlement likely. There is a lawyer who writes a column in MCN and also always talks about the lesser damages that motorcyclists and their estates receive, compared to people in the exact same situation if they were killed while in a car, or even on a bicycle. There's a stigma to motorcyclists, at least here in the US, and while it's surprising that it still exists in this day and age, that doesn't change the fact that it's still very real.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #21
Blackwidow

you have completely killed my entire thought of the justice system.

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #22
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
While this would be appreciated if it were the case, it's actually not as likely as we may want. The AMA publishes examples of injustices every month, where a car driver receives nothing other than a ticket (if that) for taking a motorcyclist's life, let alone any prosecution or other evidence that would make a large civil settlement likely. There is a lawyer who writes a column in MCN and also always talks about the lesser damages that motorcyclists and their estates receive, compared to people in the exact same situation if they were killed while in a car, or even on a bicycle. There's a stigma to motorcyclists, at least here in the US, and while it's surprising that it still exists in this day and age, that doesn't change the fact that it's still very real.
I'm sure Brando didn't help much.

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #23
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
you have completely killed my entire thought of the justice system.
That's what I'm here for. Didn't mean to be a "debbie downer".

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #24
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Rose

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250R

Quote:
That's just not right..
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #25
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
That's just not right..
A matter of fact just last month two bikers were killed while they were stopped at a light. Someone driving an SUV simply plowed right into them. The SUV driver got nothing but a simple ticket. That person should have gotten manslaughter. It really is outrageous.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #26
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
A matter of fact just last month two bikers were killed while they were stopped at a light. Someone driving an SUV simply plowed right into them. The SUV driver got nothing but a simple ticket. That person should have gotten manslaughter. It really is outrageous.

A ticket?? Are you serious? For killing 2 people? No way.. something's not right. I refuse to believe you can get away with a ticket for killing a human being. I just refuse.

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #27
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
A ticket?? Are you serious? For killing 2 people? No way.. something's not right. I refuse to believe you can get away with a ticket for killing a human being. I just refuse.
Well this wasn't the exact one that I was talking about its similar though:
http://www2.counton2.com/news/2010/m...7_i-ar-533198/
It really makes me and disgusted that they could just let the driver get away with something like that when something like that should not happen. Alex is right though there are some really nasty injustices shot towards a motorcyclist.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #28
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
look at it from the other perspective. "i only ran a red light, they're the idiots who don't have airbags around them! how is that my fault!"

i'm not saying that's not a retarded point of view, but it is a point of view that exists... one it seems is shared quite a bit in this part of the world at least.

it's really unfortunate that we live in such soft and cuddly countries where people don't expect permanent consequences to their actions. corporations squander other people's money and destroy our economy and what do we do, we bail them out and pat them on the back and tell them "better luck next time, here's free money." people run straight into other motorists but it's ok because "insurance will pay for it"... if insurance companies didn't exist, there would be so fewer accidents, it's not even funny.

Old August 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #29
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
look at it from the other perspective. "i only ran a red light, they're the idiots who don't have airbags around them! how is that my fault!"
And how is that different from a bicycle, or a pedestrian? They don't have airbags either yet I bet your punishment would be a lot more severe for killing one. If I were a relative of someone killed on a motorcycle and would see no justice, I would involve the press, and if that wouldn't work, I'd make sure whoever did this had what he/she deserves, one way or another, that's for sure. This is just so sad..
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 18th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #30
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

The same thing just happened in my home town down in Florida. A woman, who just happened to be married to a sheriff's deputy, was driving 31 mph over the posted speed limit, went through a red light and hit another car broadside and killed a 12 year old kid in the car and sent the mother to the hospital and she was just issued a speeding ticket, nothing else. Not reckless driving, careless driving, vehicular homicide, anything else. The state attorney general whose office is in the town, would not press any criminal charges, he said everyone speeds sometimes, everyone runs a red light occasionally and those other criminal charges wouldn't hold up in court. WTF???? And she kills somebody?? And I did mentioned she was married to a sheriff's deputy, right? The injured woman is out of the hospital now and will be pursuing a case against her in civil court. Lots of luck, hope she wins. Everyone down here is outraged but that's the way it goes with the good ole boy network.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #31
Blackwidow

ok, this thread is officially disqusting me. I can't believe what i'm reading!!! how do people that kill other people on a motorcycle get away with it, or even the incident of the wife of a deputy get away with killing a 12 year child? Like Rosie said, i'd fight that all the way up to the supreme court if I had to, its injustice, and it allows others reading about the case think its ok to kill someone as long as its an "accident"

Old August 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #32
Alex
ninjette.org dude

More info here on the AMA's efforts on this topic:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/justice/

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #33
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
ok, this thread is officially disqusting me. I can't believe what i'm reading!!! how do people that kill other people on a motorcycle get away with it, or even the incident of the wife of a deputy get away with killing a 12 year child? Like Rosie said, i'd fight that all the way up to the supreme court if I had to, its injustice, and it allows others reading about the case think its ok to kill someone as long as its an "accident"
The problem with fighting a case all the way up the various appeals courts to the SCOTUS is that by the time you get to the end you're into legal costs of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars. Most lawyers won't take a case with that potential financial risk unless it's super dooper clear cut shut the door winnable, and has a high, high payout. Unless there's a deliberate or criminal aspect of a homicide the most settlement most people could reasonably expect would be in the hundred of thousands, maybe, and a cut of that isn't enough for a lot of lawyers for complex cases.

Our legal system is a joke. Still better than most of what's out there in the world, but certainly not even as good as portrayed on Perry Mason or LA Law (or any other cop/legal show I could name).
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #34
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
We all know it's injustice but I'm pretty sure they will come back with "accidents happen".

Nate- I wasn't mad at the guy or the situation. I was just telling a story. I have no to right to be mad. I don't know how you got this idea. Were you assuming? Assumptions are part of life. If I was dumb I wouldn't ride with my gears on.

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #35
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
More info here on the AMA's efforts on this topic:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/justice/

I like what they're doing

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #36
Blackwidow

I don't know but i'm just not ok with any of this. I have been living in fear since I have been driving about hitting bicyclists, pedestrians and motorcyclists. I knew if I let anything happen to them, my life is officially over along with theirs. Now hearing all this crap not only disgusts me, but it angers me. If anything were to happen to my boyfriend i'd make sure the only light the person causing the accident would see is from his cell for the rest of his life. Its not about the money, its about justice! A life for a life!

I just wrote that Szutar guy from the AMA website an email to see how I can be involved. Its utter BS about those people just walking away and not having to deal with consequences.

I might be getting too dramatic, but I rather be dramatic and know that if a fellow rider goes down due to someone elses carelessness, justice will be served. I'm pretty pissed about this, can you tell?

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #37
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
I was behind a guy like that one night, wheelying with his gf on the back. I hung way back then unfortunately was behind him at a red light. he too looked back and nodded his head like "did u see that."
I guess I'm dumb and you're dumber...lol

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #38
Blackwidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
We all know it's injustice but I'm pretty sure they will come back with "accidents happen".

Accidents do happen, and i believe that. If a guy is acting like a retard on a highway and swerves in and out of traffic and a car clips him while he's swerving in and out...then i don't think its the car's fault...the guy acts like a retard, its going to catch up to him eventually.

but in the case of the two riders stopped at a light and a car comes from behind and kills them, how is that an accident? thats reckless, careless driving. I mean I could go on and on about this...but my hands are shaking from anger and I just can't put my thoughts into words.

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #39
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I don't know but i'm just not ok with any of this. I have been living in fear since I have been driving about hitting bicyclists, pedestrians and motorcyclists. I knew if I let anything happen to them, my life is officially over along with theirs. Now hearing all this crap not only disgusts me, but it angers me. If anything were to happen to my boyfriend i'd make sure the only light the person causing the accident would see is from his cell for the rest of his life. Its not about the money, its about justice! A life for a life!

I just wrote that Szutar guy from the AMA website an email to see how I can be involved. Its utter BS about those people just walking away and not having to deal with consequences.

I might be getting too dramatic, but I rather be dramatic and know that if a fellow rider goes down due to someone elses carelessness, justice will be served. I'm pretty pissed about this, can you tell?

I'm glad you are. Now I can sleep knowing that there's someone out there fighting for us.

Old August 18th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #40
sombo

Hmm, seems I helped stir up the hornets nest. But if that prompts people to get involved in helping to build awareness about motorcyclists and the troubles we all have in society, then it was worth it. We are people, simple as that. People just enjoying ourselves on our preferred mode of transportation, whether it be for errands, to and from work/school, or just to relax on some scenic roads enjoying the open air and the views you get.

We as motorcyclists just want everyone to be aware that we are there, we are humans, we could be your neighbor, doctor, lawyer, teacher, janitor, father, mother, brother, sister, cousin, or best friend from childhood. We just want to have fun doing what we love in a as safe and peaceful manner as possible.

Yes there are those that will act like idiots and ride with a total lack of respect or regard for anyone else. But they are not all of us, in fact they are the few, the stupid and unfortunately many are soon to be hurt or dead. See each of us as individuals, humans, people you know and love, and just show us some roadside respect and you will get the same in return.