ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Notices

Old March 18th, 2018, 01:42 PM   #1
Poddelniy Russki
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300

Well, I made it 60 days...

Got a brand new Ninja 300 in the middle of December last year. Overpaid for it too. But I'd already ridden 150s for a year or so, purchased and wore full safety gear, and taken my MSF safety course. I thought I had it all figured out and would be fine getting a new bike. I've never been a high speed guy, whether on two wheels or four, so I knew I wouldn't mind riding a 300 for years to come.

I never go out with friends, specifically because I've gotten in trouble most of the times that I have, but I made an exception for someone, because they didn't really have anybody but me and another couple of friends

So we go out, have a couple drinks, everything was fine. We waited a couple hours, and all decided to leave. Half of us decided to go home, the other half went to another bar. I decided on the latter.

This was my first hint that everything was not well. I didn't know the area, and it was very foggy, but not dangerously so. But my GPS was sending me all over the place. I don't know if it was the weather, bad connection, or what but it took me an hour to find a place two miles away, and by then I was beyond upset. I know not to drink when I'm upset, but I did anyway.

Even after a few drinks, it had been four hours since my last drink, so I thought I'd be fine. We all started to leave. This was the second, and primary sign that I shouldn't have been driving. I pulled out of the parking lot and got onto one of the side streets leading back to the main road. Pulling up to the stop sign, I hit a small imperfection in the road as I stopped and just fell right over as soon as i came to a stop. Just lost my balance, out of nowhere.

I got the bike back up, and a car stopped behind me. My friend had seen the whole thing, and had got out to help. I was upset before, now I was so mad (and embarrassed, lol) that I couldn't even think straight. I guess these bikes have safety kill switches that don't let you restart the bike immediately after its been dropped or what, but I didn't know that at the time and couldn't get it started no matter what.

My friend was going to drop off another friend at his house, and said that if I came along for that, he'd bring me back to the bike later. So we chilled out there for a couple hours watching TV, no more drinks, had a short nap, and got ready to go back. He kept trying to get me to just let him drive me home, but I refused. I felt like I was good to ride home, and didn't want the trouble and embarrassment of having to get a ride back to the bike in the morning.

It started right up, and after bending my shifter back into place, I left. I pulled into the middle of the road to make a U-turn, and this is where I received my final warning. I just knew that if I kept going, I was going to die. But, still being extremely agitated, I said "f*** it," and took off.

I must've made a wrong turn somewhere, as I soon found myself in unfamiliar territory. The fog had probably doubled what it was earlier. It was so bad that I had to ride with the visor up on my helmet. Luckily, the roads were empty, as it was around 3am, so I pulled over and set my GPS back to home. Again, it sent me in different directions over and over again. Eventually the fog got to be so bad that even my glasses were starting to fog up and I couldn't see very well at all.

I never even saw it coming. There was a slight bend to the right in the road ahead with a concrete median in the middle. I hit the median at about 40mph, but I was still upright. The last thing I remember was thinking "alright, I made it over the median, maybe I'll make it over the curb." No such luck. You'd think I would think to try to stop. Or try to make the curve so the worst that could happen was a lowside. Instead, I hit it at about a fifty degree angle.

When I woke up I couldn't breathe at all. I thought maybe my balaclava had gotten moved over my nose and mouth so I quickly threw off my gloves, balaclava and helmet. It didn't help. My entire upper body was in extreme pain, so I just rolled around until I could find a position that allowed me to breathe somewhat. My phone was dead, so I just laid there for a few minutes, thinking someone would call an ambulance.

After a few minutes, nobody showed up, so I got myself to my feet. The bike was facing the street, with the lights still on. I turned it off, but didn't even try to pick it back up. I left the key in, thinking it would make it easier for whoever had to pick it up.

I dragged myself across a couple of streets to the nearest gas station and borrowed a phone and called 911. As soon as I got the phone, the pain came back and I slowly collapsed right there on the floor. They got there almost instantly, making me think that somebody had already called them. Turns out, I crashed right into the local PD's front yard, two cities over from where I thought I was.

They helped me up, looked me over, and said I needed to go to the hospital. At first I refused, and started wondering why the hell I called them in the first place. I don't like hospitals or doctors at all and will do everything in my power to avoid having to deal with them. But then I touched the part of my shoulder that most of the pain was coming from, and felt a bone sticking out close to my neck.

I said, "Ah f*** that's not normal is it?"

They looked at me like I had a bone sticking out of my neck or something, then said no. So I agreed to go to the hospital. They asked me if I'd been drinking, and I admitted to it, but said it had been about five hours since my last drink. They said my BAC was .17, aka twice the legal limit. I still think I would've been fine if not for the damn fog and GPS mishaps. I think I pissed the paramedics off by asking about the bike every few minutes. I did get a bunch of compliments from them about my gear though, lol

After going through the trauma unit and MRIs and all that s***, I finally got to a room after a few hours, where they told me I had a broken collar bone, a broken shoulder blade, and my spleen was bleeding. I was not allowed to eat anything because they assumed I was going to need surgery. The pain was so bad that I couldn't sleep, because I've always slept on my side. When I could get into a position that was comfortable enough to sleep, I dreamt about crashing again and woke up with a jolt, further aggravating my condition. They were giving me oxy for the pain, which didn't help much, but it was tolerable. Until I tried to move at all, that is.

They wouldn't let me stand up to use the bathroom (not that the pain would let me, but I still wanted to try). There are few things more embarrassing than feeling like your bladder is going to explode, but being unable to use the little urinal bottles they give you because the nurse had to be there to watch.

I got the generic "motorcycles are bad" and "last week a motorcyclist came in with _____" talk from one nurse and two different doctors.

I finally went in for surgery the next day.

When I got back to my room, the pain had gotten much worse than before, but they had just given me dilaudid, so I wasn't getting anything else. It didn't help, and the oxy I got every four hours didn't help at all. Opioids have never worked well for me. I couldn't sleep at all. Eventually, I started hiding them under my tongue and chewing them up after the doctor walked out, just so I could get a couple hours of sleep. It helped a little bit, but not really. This probably makes me come off as a huge wuss to anyone that's had worse injuries, but it did suck lol

Finally, I remembered that I had some kratom stashed in my bag in case of accidents (which EMS bitched at me for, clearly they had fallen for the BS propaganda campaign FDA and pharma companies had waged against it). So when they left, I got working on getting to it. It took me roughly thirty minutes to sit up. Thankfully they had shut off the bed alarm so I could get up when I wanted. This experience gave me a whole new respect for kratom, it took the pain from a 9 to a 5. I didn't even need the oxy anymore. Finally I could rest, get some sleep, watch some tv, and relax.

After another few days, they said my spleen was healing, and they released me, saying it would be a few months before I could return to work.

Three weeks later, I'm back at work after the x rays came back saying it was healing well, and I had my full range of motion back. Can't lift more than twenty pounds though.

I went back to the scene of the accident a few days later and tried to figure out what happened from the marks on the sidewalk and in the dirt, but i couldn't figure it out. I got my gear back from someone who had grabbed it for safekeeping, and figured out that my head hit the concrete somewhere, there were scratches on the helmet that grass couldn't have done, but everything else was still good.

Even at .17 BAC, I hadn't drank a lot at all by my standards (four beers, three shots, and one of those hard iced teas over a seven hour period), but what I had forgotten is that I had completely stopped drinking a few months back after 5 years of alcoholism, so my tolerance was back to zero.

I still can't figure out how I managed to break my collar bone and shoulder blade on my left side but didn't hurt my arm. Maybe the alcohol stopped me from trying to catch myself so I didn't do any more damage. The doctors say nothing is wrong with my lung or rib, but I still can't breathe in all the way. Whether you believe in God or not, I believe I am alive because the friends that talked me into going despite my warnings would not have been able to live with the guilt if I'd died, even though it wasn't their fault. That's just the way they are, and their comments after I saw them again just confirmed that to me.

I didn't take any pictures of the bike, because it didn't look bad at all. The side that hit the ground was torn up, the rim had some scratches, and the shifter was bent again. It started right up though. It was only after I started removing fairings that I realized the extent of the damage. Every single fairing except for right side and right rear had broken tabs, even though left side was all that got hit, leading me to believe that there was frame damage. But, I took all the fairings off except for the front, and it seems to be fine. If anything, it rides better now. Feels much more balanced. But that could just be because I lost fifteen pounds since my last ride and the weight of the fairings is gone. It looks dorky in three-quarter naked mode but it's still rideable, that's what matters. Still going to have it checked out though. I can get a new set of fairings with my tax return. I'm actually coming around to the look though, just gotta find a way to conceal the jug on the right side

I might post some pictures later on. Feel free to make fun of me for any or all of the numerous dumb things I did, I deserve it

TL;DR:
-Don't ride angry
-Don't drink and ride, even if you think you know your limits
-Don't ignore the fog, especially if you don't know the area
-Even a grand worth of safety gear doesn't make you invincible

* 3/20 - edited out some information that could identify me

Last futzed with by Poddelniy Russki; March 21st, 2018 at 02:23 AM.
Poddelniy Russki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2018, 04:09 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

You're an inexperienced street rider, riding a financed bike with a .17 BAC. There isn't any self-justification in the world that will keep anyone here from rolling their eyes. I'm glad you're generally OK and the consequences were minor in the scheme of things - but unless you take on board how monumentally stupid your decision-making capabilities have proven to be, you're never going to have the motivation to improve them.

Good luck.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old March 18th, 2018, 04:18 PM   #3
Poddelniy Russki
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You're an inexperienced street rider, riding a financed bike with a .17 BAC. There isn't any self-justification in the world that will keep anyone here from rolling their eyes. I'm glad you're generally OK and the consequences were minor in the scheme of things - but unless you take on board how monumentally stupid your decision-making capabilities have proven to be, you're never going to have the motivation to improve them.

Good luck.
Lol yeah, I know it was dumb and I'm going to get a lot of **** for it. The only reason I posted it was because there really aren't too many stories like this that I've seen. Not a lot of people will admit to this sort of thing even though it happens all the time, and if just one person out there reads it and decides not to do any of the things I did that led to that crash, it will be worth it to me

I've always wanted a bike, but never got one because my drinking. I was a few months clean of alcohol, so I finally got one, then slipped up once and that happened

I know nobody is going to believe this, but I have the money saved up to pay it off any time I need to, just trying to build my credit
Poddelniy Russki is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 18th, 2018, 08:26 PM   #4
Caoboy
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Glad you're OK.

Is the bike OK?

I actually made a New Year's Resolution to not drink anymore. So far so good...but I definitely will not drink if I'm riding....The road is already dangerous enough as it is, I don't need it dancing on me as well!

Take this as a sign that you should keep up with your sobriety!
Caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2018, 06:44 AM   #5
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Fairings are very repairable. They're made of ABS, so ABS plumbing cement sticks well. Reinforcing with some glass cloth or other creative material can make a repair very strong.

I wish you the best with controlling your drinking. I was very lucky when I was in my 20s and riding my Kawasaki H2. (60 now, still ride it)

And yes:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg teal_deer.jpeg (2.5 KB, 190 views)
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2018, 06:53 AM   #6
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poddelniy Russki View Post
TL;DR:
-Don't ride angry
I think you summed it up pretty well.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2018, 01:55 PM   #7
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
If you've already experianced alcoholism once I figured you'd avoid it like I do... Glad it wasn't worse and you didn't catch a dwi!

Old March 20th, 2018, 11:44 AM   #8
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Glad you made it through. Stay away from liquor!

At university, I had to take roommate in to get his stomach pumped. Started having liver-disease too. Haven't kept track of him, probably dead now.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2018, 01:43 PM   #9
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Even at .17 BAC, I hadn't drank a lot at all by my standards (four beers, three shots, and one of those hard iced teas over a seven hour period), but what I had forgotten is that I had completely stopped drinking a few months back after 5 years of alcoholism, so my tolerance was back to zero.
This is a telling statement. It is implicit here that you believe that if you drink "not a lot by your standards" and have a "tolerance" built up you can safely drink and ride.

Don't you believe that for one second.

You've already learned a hard lesson but by the way that is worded plus other statements (e.g. "stopped drinking a few months back after five years of alcoholism" you decided to drink anyway, "I know not to drink when I'm upset but I did anyway," etc.), I doubt it's sunk in.

This is a zero-tolerance game that rewards calm focus and clear thinking. It also punishes thoughtlessness and poor choices very harshly. You don't need to be buzzed for your performance to degrade. You don't even have to have had a drink that day for your focus and reactions to slow enough to be dangerous -- the night before stays with you. Alcohol fuels the rage and the rage leads to "I just knew that if I kept going, I was going to die. But, still being extremely agitated, I said "f*** it," and took off." And with all due respect for your openness about this, if you blew .17 at the scene it's really, really hard to believe that it had been five hours since your last drink.

Bottom line: Your motor skills AND your judgment both went to hell, because of alcohol.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager a large sum that you're going to do something equally unwise involving motorcycles and alcohol sometime in the next few years. Maybe it'll be in a car instead of on a bike. But it's quite likely to happen IMHO.

Here's why I say that: People who binge drink (and let's not kid ourselves... 8 drinks in a day is binge drinking) have been known to wake up hung over saying "uggghhh... never again...." but go right back out the following week. Over and over. They learn a lesson, pay a price, and it doesn't stick.

A little perspective from a 59-year-old guy who has survived this long despite myself: Life has to beat you up enough for you to really get the point. Doesn't look like that's happened yet. If you're lucky, you'll survive the experience.

This isn't an intellectual thing. You have to be ready deep down before you'll make the right choice. Until you are, you can justify anything. You know, like being a few months sober and then just deciding to go out and get hammered for the hell of it.

Stick with it. 60 days is a darned good start.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.

Last futzed with by adouglas; March 20th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old March 20th, 2018, 05:53 PM   #10
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
I stay away from people who do things like this. hope you stop ****ing around because next time you could take someone down with you.

Old March 20th, 2018, 06:21 PM   #11
Ram Jet

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Lol yeah, I know it was dumb and I'm going to get a lot of **** for it. The only reason I posted it was because there really aren't too many stories like this that I've seen. Not a lot of people will admit to this sort of thing even though it happens all the time, and if just one person out there reads it and decides not to do any of the things I did that led to that crash, it will be worth it to me

I've always wanted a bike, but never got one because my drinking. I was a few months clean of alcohol, so I finally got one, then slipped up once and that happened

I know nobody is going to believe this, but I have the money saved up to pay it off any time I need to, just trying to build my credit
You should write for Reader's Digest. I don't think you needed Alex's admonitions, you learned your lesson the hard way. I sent you a PM about the fairing repair.

Cheers,

Bill

P.S.; Very happy you're OK. Nothing's so bad that it can't be worse.

Last futzed with by Ram Jet; March 20th, 2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2018, 07:09 PM   #12
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
-Don't ride angry

I agree with all of those. It really is a zero-tolerance game, and on two wheels (Hel, even on 4) you need your wits about you. It's nuts out there.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:31 AM   #13
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
I never understood the term "Biker Bar" - that's the last place you'd want to be when on a bike. Even if you weren't drinking, there are still plenty of drunk people in the immediate vicinity.

If you look at cycle crash statistics, the amount of crashes that involve alcohol is surprising.

One of the few crash factors that you have total control of.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:50 AM   #14
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
sorry to hear about the crash and the ninja. thank you for sharing this. live and learn.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 10:22 AM   #15
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
If you look at cycle crash statistics, the amount of crashes that involve alcohol is surprising.

One of the few crash factors that you have total control of.
Yep. Learning that gave me a lot of hope for avoiding a crash. I know how to hang out with my friends at bars and have Coke and be ok to drive home.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2018, 10:54 AM   #16
adouglas
Cat herder

Something interesting happens, I've found, when social interactions don't revolve around alcohol and/or other substances. You may discover that a lot of your friends are really drinking buddies and little more.

If drinking is the one thing that brings you together, that's what the friendship is really all about... an excuse to drink.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 11:55 AM   #17
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Simply put, you are an idiot.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2018, 01:38 PM   #18
adouglas
Cat herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Simply put, you are an idiot.
I won't argue the point and my wife would certainly agree with you.

But I suspect that was directed elsewhere.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 02:26 PM   #19
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Something interesting happens, I've found, when social interactions don't revolve around alcohol and/or other substances. You may discover that a lot of your friends are really drinking buddies and little more.

If drinking is the one thing that brings you together, that's what the friendship is really all about... an excuse to drink.
You nailed it. I have a friend who quit drinking and he was depressed about his loss of "friends" after he quit drinking. I simply pointed out that if they were true friends he would still be in contact with them - just like he never quit drinking. I told him his "friends" resent him because he did what they wish they could do - put the bottle down.

Bill

P.S.; I have to admit, I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Last futzed with by Ram Jet; March 22nd, 2018 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2018, 03:01 PM   #20
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I never understood the term "Biker Bar" - that's the last place you'd want to be when on a bike.
It's probably a holdover from the old days when we were encouraged to drink and drive. In MD when I grew up, 18 year olds could buy beer and wine, there was no open-container law, the limit for blood alcohol was 0.15%, and the only thing illegal about drinking alcohol and driving was that it fell under the rule that said eating while driving was not allowed. Back then I could have downed a 6-pack as fast as I could get it down, gotten in a car and driven, and not have been breaking the law. There were plenty of bars all around the DC area that catered to motorcycle riders back then and no one seemed to think there was any problem.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:57 PM   #21
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
I won't argue the point and my wife would certainly agree with you.

But I suspect that was directed elsewhere.
the OP.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2018, 05:57 AM   #22
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
It's probably a holdover from the old days when we were encouraged to drink and drive.
i remember the days of piling into back of pick-up with a keg and roaming around town! We used to be allowed to run with scissors. And lick asbestos. Kids nowadays are coddled way so much and there’s too many regulations for our own good! Damn nanny state!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2018, 09:58 AM   #23
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
i remember the days of piling into back of pick-up with a keg and roaming around town! We used to be allowed to run with scissors. And lick asbestos. Kids nowadays are coddled way so much and there’s too many regulations for our own good! Damn nanny state!
Yeah, how did I spend an entire day in a small boat with a 5 H.P. motor not wearing a life jacket? How did I ride my bicycle all over hells half acre without a helmet? My mother would give me $0.25 and I would ride my bike to the local store to buy her cigarettes. How did I leave the house at 9:00 AM and return at 5:00 PM and nobody worried about where I was or what I was doing - without a F'in cell phone! I'm glad I survived being a 10 year old.

Bill

Old March 23rd, 2018, 11:06 AM   #24
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

I had a wood burning kit when I was a kid. Yes, I made a blister or two on my fingers, and then I learned how to not get burned. My father had a kit to pour lead toy soldiers when he was a kid in the '20s. Imagine how that would go over today. I have a 1950 Gravely walk-behind tractor. You have to be careful with that thing, because there is no dead-man, and if you get it in reverse and accidentally back yourself into a tree, it'll pin you there, half crushing your legs while you try to remember how to get it into neutral. That's part of its charm though.

Old March 25th, 2018, 05:37 AM   #25
Zubraz
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Denis

Motorcycle(s): 250EXF

Поправляйся и не загоняйся! С кем не бывает...

Cool story. Man does not seem to be an idiot. Made some wrong choices, while intoxicated, and, luckily, didn't hurt nobody else. And this experience should reduce chances of him getting in a similar situation where consequences could be worse.

High five to the attitude towards bike and riding after the incident.

Миру мир!
Zubraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2018, 04:33 AM   #26
KikRox
ninjette.org member

Name: Nein

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r se

What a horrible series of decisions. You wrecked yourself, you wrecked your bike, you looked like a complete nooblet, you were so drunk that you couldn't find your way home in the fog which if you were sober you'd have been able to pull off and if not you'd have had the foresight to pull over and wait until the fog let up. This is the worst story ever you should be trying to bury this story LOL..

Old March 27th, 2018, 04:42 AM   #27
adouglas
Cat herder

Disagree. Coming clean was absolutely the right thing to do. Makes him think about it and, hopefully, will cause the lesson to sink in.

Fessing up is an important part of making things right.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 27th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #28
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikRox View Post
What a horrible series of decisions. You wrecked yourself, you wrecked your bike, you looked like a complete nooblet, you were so drunk that you couldn't find your way home in the fog which if you were sober you'd have been able to pull off and if not you'd have had the foresight to pull over and wait until the fog let up. This is the worst story ever you should be trying to bury this story LOL..
Beauty eh? So, another toe draggin' bloke can't learn a lesson from this fellow. I'll bet it was difficult for him to relive and he didn't sound like he was bragging.

You should be concerned about what that idiot in Ottawa is up to.

Bill

Old March 27th, 2018, 05:24 AM   #29
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

We should all learn from our own mistakes; we all make them. It's even better if we learn from someone else's mistakes, which is why these tales can have value. What turned me (and evidently a few others) off is that almost every single paragraph has this form:

- I did something really stupid
- I didn't think it was that stupid, and you shouldn't either
- Nothing too bad happened, so I guess it was OK

You seem to seeing some contrition or understanding in there that I'm missing - but it doesn't come through for me no matter how many times I read it. Check out the last section in particular - he's heavily damaged his 2 month old bike, yet he believes it might be riding better now after bouncing it off the ground a few times.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2018, 05:28 AM   #30
KikRox
ninjette.org member

The idiot in Ottawa is no fault of mine! I didn't vote for him! I'm not putting anyone down BTW its subject to interpretation however I'm not going to candy coat the fact none of this was a wise choice. I want him to feel stupid and embarrassed so he doesn't do it again. Coddling people doesn't work especially the kind of people who are willing to drink and drive when they know its wrong.

Old March 27th, 2018, 05:32 AM   #31
Ram Jet

Quote:
The idiot in Ottawa is no fault of mine! I didn't vote for him! I'm not putting anyone down BTW its subject to interpretation however I'm not going to candy coat the fact bone of this was a wise choice.
Thank God, I was worried that you voted for Screwzo. Half of my relatives are from Owen Sound.

Cheers,

Bill

Old March 27th, 2018, 05:39 AM   #32
KikRox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Thank God, I was worried that you voted for Screwzo. Half of my relatives are from Owen Sound.

Cheers,

Bill

I'm only a hour or two away from there. Central Ontario is my play ground. Great riding out here, always something new to find lots of diversity to the roads but lots of wildlife and city people in the summer. I recommend a rip around the area if you ever find time.

Old March 27th, 2018, 05:57 AM   #33
Ram Jet

Quote:
I'm only a hour or two away from there. Central Ontario is my play ground. Great riding out here, always something new to find lots of diversity to the roads but lots of wildlife and city people in the summer. I recommend a rip around the area if you ever find time.
I bet I'd love it. I enjoyed P.E.I. one summer. My great uncle, William "Billy" Avery Bishop was born in Owen Sound. Billy was the Canadian WWI flying ace. His name has to on at least one hanging sign in Owen Sound. I could enter Canada at Sarnia and just head North - easy peasy. Good idea and probably great scenery. Thanks,

Bill

Old March 27th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #34
adouglas
Cat herder

Quote:
The idiot in Ottawa is no fault of mine! I didn't vote for him!
Welcome to the reality faced by most of your neighbors to the south.

Old March 27th, 2018, 09:01 AM   #35
KikRox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Welcome to the reality faced by most of your neighbors to the south.
We're in the twilight zone. I chose not to pay attention.