ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old June 14th, 2018, 07:44 AM   #1
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Galfer Kevlar brake pads

I installed Galfer Kevlar front brake pads on my 07' 250. Love them. Had to re-adjust my "shorty" lever. The Kevlar pads are very kind to the disc and in fact are "polishing out" the damage the O.E.M. semi-metallic pads have done to my disc. They have great feel and terrific stopping power. I'm even going to dump my nearly new O.E.M. rear pads for Kevlar. I bought the front pads in February and then Motosport.com came out with an offer to buy the fronts and the rears were free. Story of my life.

Try em', I think you'll like em'.

Bill

Old June 14th, 2018, 01:00 PM   #2
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I've used those for 2-seasons now and think they're ... gggrrreeEAAATTT!!!

They don't have the initial too-sharp bite of factory pads, yet they handle additional pressure very linearly. I know that squeezing 4x harder's going to get me 4x more deceleration. Compared to factory pads where 4x harder squeeze just gives 2x more braking.

Carry spare set in toolbox, but they're only 1/2 worn after 2 seasons.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2018, 01:03 PM   #3
Ram Jet

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I've used those for 2-seasons now and think they're ... gggrrreeEAAATTT!!!

They don't have the initial too-sharp bite of factory pads, yet they handle additional pressure very linearly. I know that squeezing 4x harder's going to get me 4x more deceleration. Compared to factory pads where 4x harder squeeze just gives 2x more braking.

Carry spare set in toolbox, but they're only 1/2 worn after 2 seasons.
That's good to hear about the pad wear. I really don't care how often I have to replace them actually but it's nice to know they are fairly durable also.

Bill