ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

has anyone ever ordered gear online before trying it on?

I'm thinking about taking a risk and buying the Latigo Air online, because no dealers around me carry them.

But I've heard people say that sizes vary too much

I wear a size US 9, and according to the size chart on the website that's 10.25 inches

I measured my shoes and they came about just under 11 in, i thinnk it should be okay
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:18 AM   #2
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

What site do you think you'll be ordering from? Usually if you call them and talk to customer service, they'll be able to tell you if the size is right. Basically what I do is I try on a bunch of different boots, remember how they fit and what size they were. Then I call and ask them to use that information to determine which size would most likely fit me and be comfortable.

A good return policy is always a plus as well. I've bought gear online a bunch of times and have returned a few for size exchanges without any hassle. Just takes a while to do the swap.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I ordered my helmet and jacket online without ever trying them on. They both fit well, but I did a lot of research before deciding what sizes to buy.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
What site do you think you'll be ordering from? Usually if you call them and talk to customer service, they'll be able to tell you if the size is right. Basically what I do is I try on a bunch of different boots, remember how they fit and what size they were. Then I call and ask them to use that information to determine which size would most likely fit me and be comfortable.

A good return policy is always a plus as well. I've bought gear online a bunch of times and have returned a few for size exchanges without any hassle. Just takes a while to do the swap.
Either Revzilla or Motorcyclesuperstore.

I know Revzilla has a return policy.

I'm just worried cause I'm the kind of guy whose really picky with fitting. One size is either too big or too small was usually my case

Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Magz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Like others have said, just google around and see what people say about sizing, and call customer service. I have yet to try gear on before buying it online. Did have to exchange a jacket once though, which isn't a huge hassle, but just realize that if it is the wrong size you may be waiting an extra couple of weeks to get your gear.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

air latigo...i got those boots.. i ordered my reg shoe size and it fits. i was concerned because i have wide feet. after watching the review, i decided to order. Anthony from revzilla provides nothing short of excellent customer service. i could not find riding pants that fit me but after sending my measurements in, he came up with a pair that is in my budget and fits...its pretty snug, but i gotta break it in.
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla25 View Post
air latigo...i got those boots.. i ordered my reg shoe size and it fits. i was concerned because i have wide feet. after watching the review, i decided to order. Anthony from revzilla provides nothing short of excellent customer service. i could not find riding pants that fit me but after sending my measurements in, he came up with a pair that is in my budget and fits...its pretty snug, but i gotta break it in.
cool

glad to hear from someone who has these boots

Yeah, Anthony emphasized that these boots are better for people with wide feet...so that kind of concerned me.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:31 PM   #8
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

I got almost all my gear online... and yes that's w/o trying them on...
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:39 PM   #9
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

read their sizing charts...I never had a prob
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM   #10
TheTopher
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250F

I've done it with almost every piece of gear I own and they've all fit fine.

The only thing I took the time to try on was my Sidi boots. I used the sizing charts to determine that I wore a size 45, but I wanted to try them on anyway since I've got wide feet. Went to the store, tried on a 45 and they fit like a glove.

Use the sizing charts and you should be fine.
TheTopher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:07 PM   #11
str8t six
never enough

Name: josh

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 ninja 250R

I bought all my gear online without trying it on. like others have said, read the reviews on how they fit and you should be good.

custom graphics, zero gravity DB
str8t six is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM   #12
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

I've ordered a lot of gear online and sent some of it back. Make sure you order from a store that accepts returns for gear and also pays return postage. It really comes in handy when it just isn't what you thought it was going to be.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:44 PM   #13
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Let me chime in with my own experience.

It's not advisable, but if it's through revzilla, I say why not. Just make sure you know their return policy for helmets.

I bought my first helmet, a scorpion EXO-500 online without ever trying it on. I thought it fit, but it wasnt till I tried on the ones provided by the MSF course that I knew something was up with my helmet. I then went into a store and tried on my current helmet, the RF-1100. The sales people helped me very much, from the shape of my head, to the right size. I would've gotten a helmet that was more of a pain then a pleasure, which actually, was my EXO-500. Not saying its a bad helmet, just the wrong shape and size for me.

Every person is different when it comes to helmets, with different shapes, sizes, and weights, sometimes it's ideal to get a helmet from a store. But, if you really want to get it online, which is an urge I still have and do sometimes, go for it. I'd say do it through revzilla since they have great return services. I will highly advise though, try your helmet on at home for a while. Then, the same day, go out to a store near you and try on different brands of helmets, different sizes, different shapes, ect. Just to be absolutely sure that the helmet fits perfectly.

Ask for a sales associate help. If its a cycle gear, I know for sure they will be very knowledgeable about helmets.

Like I said though, Not advisable, but if you must, do it through revzilla, then try others on, even if you think it fits fine, just to be absolutely sure.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 03:58 AM   #14
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Latigo Airs are the same as the Sedici Laguna boots -- If you have a Cycle Gear near you, you could get sizing that way.

But I wouldn't hesitate buying something online provided they have a good return policy. Our thread on "Best Places to Buy Gear Online" which is stickied, has a review of return policies for most online gear retailers.

(I've sent stuff back to Motorcyclegear.com, Motorcycle-Superstore and Revzilla, each with no problems whatsoever.)

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote