ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old March 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Dang you Chick-fil-A

Dang you and your tasty Spicy Chicken Sammich.

You can kiss it.

I was about to order my favorite sammich, and then I thought to check the calories of what I have been eating lately.

Spicy Chicken Sandwhich
490 Calories
20g Fat
2g Fiber
5g Sugars
29g Protein

Waffle Fries
390 Calories
20g Fat
3g Fiber
0g Sugars
4g Protein

Crap...no wonder I have gained a bit of weight lately.

I went back to my old 8-count with a fruit cup meal. Much better numbers.
8ct
260 Calories
12g Fat
1g Fiber
1g Sugars
28g Protein

Fruit Cup
70 Calories
0g Fat
2g Fiber
14g Sugars
1g Protein

So all in all, I went from a total of 880 calories for my "breakfast" to a measly 330. Huge savings. Mental note made.

I really need to keep track of what I am eating better...

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
just do what i do.

get too busy with work, forget that you haven't eaten, go a day or two without food. when you realize you haven't eaten since the weekend, binge on delicious chik-fil-a

Old March 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Oh no. Oscar the Grouch has nothing on me when I haven't eaten. I turn into a #1 certified prick when I don't eat. No can do. My metabolism is just too fast to go without food. I'll shrivel up and die. lol

My wife used to get upset when I'd show that side. Now she knows better. I start acting like a jerk and her first question is, "are you hungry?" My usual answer is yes...

I weighed myself...back at 170. Going back to watching what I eat...should be back down close to 160 in about a month or two.

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #4
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

never realized that chicken sandwich had so many calories.

Old March 8th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #5
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
just do what i do.

get too busy with work, forget that you haven't eaten, go a day or two without food. when you realize you haven't eaten since the weekend, binge on delicious chik-fil-a
Dude... that's so bad for your metabolism. Really quick way to kill it, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Oh no. Oscar the Grouch has nothing on me when I haven't eaten. I turn into a #1 certified prick when I don't eat. No can do. My metabolism is just too fast to go without food. I'll shrivel up and die. lol
I can sympathize with needing to eat a lot. At least you're aware of it and its impact on your mood. I have a relative who becomes a serious jerk when her blood sugar drops, and if you bring it up, she gets even angrier. Yeesh.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #6
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
Dude... that's so bad for your metabolism. Really quick way to kill it, to be honest.
can you explain?

Old March 8th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #7
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Basically, if you're body is in need of fuel (legitimately hungry not just the "Oooh, a burger sound great right now" appetite), and you deny it that resource, over time it will go into a sort of starvation mode, and tune itself to run on fewer calories. It also tends to start storing fat, like it's anticipating some sore of famine or something. So yeah, completely cutting down is usually a bad idea.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #8
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
ketosis!

If the diet is changed from a highly glycemic diet to a diet that does not provide sufficient carbohydrate to replenish glycogen stores, the body goes through a set of stages to enter ketosis. During the initial stages of this process, blood glucose levels are maintained through gluconeogenesis, and the adult brain does not burn ketones. However, the brain makes immediate use of ketones for lipid synthesis in the brain. After about 48 hours of this process, the brain starts burning ketones in order to more directly use the energy from the fat stores that are being depended upon, and to reserve the glucose only for its absolute needs, thus avoiding the depletion of the body's protein store in the muscles.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

Old March 8th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #9
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Heh, I am like that too @Apex. For me, I have a high metabolism, so if I haven't ate in awhile within a given amount of hours, I not only get bitchy, but get these migraine type of headaches, due to blood/sugar being low. Of course, once I eat, all of that vanishes.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #10
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Great diet info guys. Thanks.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

I eat several times a day, so yeah, I gotta eat. The secret is to not overeat and not eat high calorie items. If you eat often, you teach your body to not store energy, because there is always a sufficient supply. When you eat good on top of that, you are always burning up the food and also burning up the fat stores, so you lose weight.

Like @EternalNewb said, you starve yourself, you body goes into hording mode, where it will hold onto whatever it can get its hands on. I've also heard that you are in "storing" mode when you eat a lot after starving yourself. By eating good stuff frequently, you maintain a level blood sugar and stay in the "burn" mode.

I think in high school, I ate on average about 10 times a day. I was constantly doing small snacks. I also weighed in at 125lbs and just shy of 6ft tall. I didn't have an ounce of fat on me, but I also had crazy endurance. Now I have more strength, but also more fat. hahahah Gotta work on balancing that out.

Oh, and the 12-ct nuggets are 400 calories...not going to happen. hahahaha

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #12
thumper64
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Their chicken sandwich is really greasy just looking at it. It tastes OK, but it's nothing special and it's expensive for what it is. Plus of course their little marketing stunt later last year. I don't agree with their hateful views.

I'm about 140 and 5ft 6, and practically no fat I can find. Fatty food messes with my stomach, I usually feel ill afterwards, especially after eating Wendys. There's a reason I can't put on weight, I can't tolerate the sort of food that would put on weight the fastest. I can only eat so much bread and dairy too.

Old March 13th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13

Link to original page on YouTube.

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #14
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
Basically, if you're body is in need of fuel (legitimately hungry not just the "Oooh, a burger sound great right now" appetite), and you deny it that resource, over time it will go into a sort of starvation mode, and tune itself to run on fewer calories. It also tends to start storing fat, like it's anticipating some sore of famine or something. So yeah, completely cutting down is usually a bad idea.
Long term this is definitely true -- if you eat, say, 600 calories for a few weeks. Going a day without food though won't do it, and my personal trainer actually advised me to occasionally try to go a long time between meals -- it's called Intermitent Fasting, and usually works well for me if I'm keeping up with my work outs. Which I'm not right now
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote