ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #1
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Police officer hit by Molotov Cocktail. Greek riots.

Stolen from Imgur. Motorcycle related, sorta.

Original image is massive.
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Ho-lee-crap!
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

<paris hilton voice> That's hot. </dumb joke>

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
That's a badass picture. I bet it gets him laid all the time
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #5
wtfh4xx
Opinionated individual :)

Name: SecretNinjaMan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninjette Special Edition (red/black)

First shot....

Second shot, Heating up...

Third shot, HE'S ON FIRE!!!

Lol, this guy is DEFINITELY having a bad day.
Looks like its a little firey under that lid o.O
Yoshi slip on, shimmed 2 washers, zip tie throttle mod, pre-load #2, snorkel delete
2010 SE 250R!
Miles in the saddle: 1000
wtfh4xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

In my opinion I find it distasteful in the utmost to make light of and giggle at an act of attempted murder of someone who in all likelihood is trying to do an honorable job and serve his community. I think that sas alot about a person's character, whether on the internet or in real life.

Last futzed with by Too40gawlf; July 16th, 2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: To comply with the guidance of the Comrade Politruk.
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #7
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #8
RhinoJC
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
Funny how some of the manginas here call for threads to be closed when someone uses even the remotest hint of harsh language. But its all fun and games to laugh at the attempted murder of a cop by unwashed communists.

Im sure his wife and kids are rolling on the floor in stitches.
/facepalm
RhinoJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Funny how some of the manginas here call for threads to be closed when someone uses even the remotest hint of harsh language.
This post clearly violates 1.4 & 2.1. Edit it soon or risk a ban for continued attacks on fellow members here. It's not that we go out of our way to avoid offending others, it's that we've agreed to stop insulting follow members here.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #10
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This post clearly violates 1.4 & 2.1. Edit it soon or risk a ban for continued attacks on fellow members here. It's not that we go out of our way to avoid offending others, it's that we've agreed to stop insulting follow members here.
There was an agreement? I think I was absent that day.

To all the losers I've insulted, I'm sorry!

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Thank you for pointing out my indescretion. My sincerest apologies if my sense of humor diverges from that of others who prefer mirtmaking at the potential violent and horrific death of a 'good guy.' Realizing that this place tries to be a family friendly site in general, I have gone back to edit my post.

I hope any hurt feelings will be soothed quickly despite my campaign of continued attacks on members here.

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #13
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Alex, I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Eric on this one a bit. It is rather distasteful that this photo is made fun of. I personally was not laughing at any of those comments and hoped that the officer was okay afterwords. Lighting someone on fire is no joke and is an extremely painful way to die.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #14
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I don't know where the gap is, as it's simple here (and most everywhere else).

3 related ways to express ourselves online.

1 - this sucks, and I want to talk about it.
2 - you suck.
3 - you all suck.

Type 1 starts a conversation, or continues one that has already begun.
Type 2 starts a needless fight that never adds a thing to the conversation, the site, or anything else.
Type 3 is reasonably pointless, as if it had any meat to it, it calls to question why someone sticks around long enough to share that thought.

Back to the original topic, there appears to be video (below) of the same event, and it looks like there were enough other police around to get this guy the help he needed pretty quickly.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7ca_1298479168

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #15
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Back to the original topic, there appears to be video (below) of the same event, and it looks like there were enough other police around to get this guy the help he needed pretty quickly.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7ca_1298479168
Well that is good to know and find out. I'm glad to see he's ok.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #16
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Damn. Glad to see that he's alright. He got that helmet off right quick. I wonder if it had that quick release type retention system which is more popular over in Europe. If it was the double D ring system, he might have been in a world of hurt.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #17
ducducgooseit

Honestly, is the Greek government mandating anything worth burning a fellow human alive about?

Old July 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #18
wtfh4xx

Just saying, perhaps he shouldn't be out there trying to suppress millions of people who want to reform their government.
Props for him doing his job, but damn dude...
Yoshi slip on, shimmed 2 washers, zip tie throttle mod, pre-load #2, snorkel delete
2010 SE 250R!

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #19
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i don't know what you guys are expecting but this is what happens during a national revolt. what's interesting is that you almost never see nearly the amount of coverage on the atrocities that get commited from the other side. i haven't been following this particular outbreak but in most violent uprisings there are casualties on all sides. it's amazing that in this day and age we all have access to such valuable information about what goes on in other countries during revolutions and i honestly hope our country doesn't come to this situation for a long long time... unfortunately the situations leading up to the greek revolt have been kinda similar to the situation leading up here in the US.

that being said... Molotov cocktails are epic. easily one of the best weapons you can improvise from a household kitchen

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #20
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfh4xx View Post
Just saying, perhaps he shouldn't be out there trying to suppress millions of people who want to reform their government.
Props for him doing his job, but damn dude...
Those people dont want to reform their government. They're incensed that their government is trying to reform. Part of that reform is that the free ride is over - i.e. these losers have to actually get jobs to eat now and cant suckle the State teet and smoke weed all day long. The days of free cheese are over because, simply, their government doesnt have anymore money to fund the continued parasitic existence of a whole class of people that contribute nothing to society and are the equivalent of walking **** factories.

Like the entitled everywere, when the free ride is over, they get violent.

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #21
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Those people dont want to reform their government. They're incensed that their government is trying to reform. Part of that reform is that the free ride is over - i.e. these losers have to actually get jobs to eat now and cant suckle the State teet and smoke weed all day long. The days of free cheese are over because, simply, their government doesnt have anymore money to fund the continued parasitic existence of a whole class of people that contribute nothing to society and are the equivalent of walking **** factories.

Like the entitled everywere, when the free ride is over, they get violent.
i'm not really following this "revolution" or whatever it is, but i'm wondering how long the greek retirement was at 55 or whatever it was? and how long was their debt slipping for? have you seen that their per capita debt is less than the USAs by like 10% or some outrageous number? what would happen if all those "lazy" retired and unemployed people in america started throwing yogurt and moltovs?

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #22
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i don't know what you guys are expecting but this is what happens during a national revolt. what's interesting is that you almost never see nearly the amount of coverage on the atrocities that get commited from the other side. i haven't been following this particular outbreak but in most violent uprisings there are casualties on all sides. it's amazing that in this day and age we all have access to such valuable information about what goes on in other countries during revolutions and i honestly hope our country doesn't come to this situation for a long long time... unfortunately the situations leading up to the greek revolt have been kinda similar to the situation leading up here in the US.

that being said... Molotov cocktails are epic. easily one of the best weapons you can improvise from a household kitchen
What you dont seem to grasp is that the guy on fire isn't a Syrian Mukhabarat officer or an Iranian Pasadaran whose only purpose is to repress the populace by dragging protestors off to jail in order to rape, pul tongues out, and murder. That guy is a cop in the police force of a Western nation. He's out there doing his sworn duty to try to restore order and uphold the safety of the public and public property. The greek police are certainly not out there committing attorcities.

The crowds he's faced off with are the lowest echelons of Greek society - a gaggle of useless 'youth'. 20 somethings that have never worked in their lives and want to spend a lifetime living off the public dole. They are not equivalent to students marching for freedom in Tehran or Sudanese Christians fighting for survival in Sudan. They are scum at best and useful idiots for leftist agitators at worst.

The fact that you view them in a sympathetic eye says alot about you - of which I'll avoid going into detail in order to stave off a tut-tut by Alex.

Rest assured this kind of **** wont continue on long if it ever happens in the U.S. I know certain segments on the political spectrum here in the U.S fantasize about instigating Greek type riots in our country. But again let me assure you, if the parasitic class of this country every flood the streets throwing Molotov cocktails, they'll get their responses at 3000 fps. Unlike in Greece, the general, tax paying public will not tolerate or support this kind of attrocious, self absorbed, entitlement tantrum.

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #23
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
i'm not really following this "revolution" or whatever it is, but i'm wondering how long the greek retirement was at 55 or whatever it was? and how long was their debt slipping for? have you seen that their per capita debt is less than the USAs by like 10% or some outrageous number? what would happen if all those "lazy" retired and unemployed people in america started throwing yogurt and moltovs?
Yeah but our per capita GDP is greater by much more than 10%, so economically, we're in a much better situation than the Greeks.

Are you really going to argue that these people are little old retired plumbers and bus drivers. No, theyre the same cast of suspects that show up to WTO and IMF meetings to launch protests, which in reality are excuses to wreck McDonald'sand Starbucks.

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #24
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Yeah but our per capita GDP is greater by much more than 10%, so economically, we're in a much better situation than the Greeks.

Are you really going to argue that these people are little old retired plumbers and bus drivers. No, theyre the same cast of suspects that show up to WTO and IMF meetings to launch protests, which in reality are excuses to wreck McDonald'sand Starbucks.
you do realize a large percentage of the protesters are older retired folk... granted they don't get much press because they aren't the ones throwing molotovs...

heres a list of countries organized by percentage of external debt vs GDP: (number on far right is percent)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._external_debt

11 Luxembourg 1,892,000,000,000 30 June 2010 3,746,535 3,443
7 Ireland 2,253,000,000,000 30 September 2010 503,914 1,103
73 Monaco 18,000,000,000 2000 est. 562,465 680
124 Liberia 3,200,000,000 2005 est. 930 590
8 Norway 2,232,000,000,000 30 June 2010 454,768 538
5 Netherlands 3,733,000,000,000 31 December 2009 225,814 471
2 United Kingdom 8,981,000,000,000 30 June 2010 144,338 400
170 Sao Tome and Principe 318,000,000 2002 2,193 349
— Hong Kong 750,800,000,000 31 December 2010 est. 105,420 334
12 Belgium 1,241,000,000,000 30 June 2010 113,603 266
153 Guinea-Bissau 941,500,000 2000 est. 722 259
13 Switzerland 1,200,000,000,000 30 September 2010 154,063 229
20 Portugal 497,800,000,000 30 June 2010 46,795 217
148 Burundi 1,200,000,000 2003 167 202
17 Austria 755,000,000,000 30 June 2010 90,128 200
16 Sweden 853,300,000,000 30 June 2010 91,487 187
4 France 4,698,000,000,000 30 June 2010 74,619 182
18 Denmark 559,500,000,000 30 June 2010 101,084 180
19 Greece 532,900,000,000 30 June 2010 47,636 174

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #25
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
you do realize a large percentage of the protesters are older retired folk... granted they don't get much press because they aren't the ones throwing molotovs...

heres a list of countries organized by percentage of per capita debt vs GDP: (number on far right is percent)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._external_debt

11 Luxembourg 1,892,000,000,000 30 June 2010 3,746,535 3,443
7 Ireland 2,253,000,000,000 30 September 2010 503,914 1,103
73 Monaco 18,000,000,000 2000 est. 562,465 680
124 Liberia 3,200,000,000 2005 est. 930 590
8 Norway 2,232,000,000,000 30 June 2010 454,768 538
5 Netherlands 3,733,000,000,000 31 December 2009 225,814 471
2 United Kingdom 8,981,000,000,000 30 June 2010 144,338 400
170 Sao Tome and Principe 318,000,000 2002 2,193 349
— Hong Kong 750,800,000,000 31 December 2010 est. 105,420 334
12 Belgium 1,241,000,000,000 30 June 2010 113,603 266
153 Guinea-Bissau 941,500,000 2000 est. 722 259
13 Switzerland 1,200,000,000,000 30 September 2010 154,063 229
20 Portugal 497,800,000,000 30 June 2010 46,795 217
148 Burundi 1,200,000,000 2003 167 202
17 Austria 755,000,000,000 30 June 2010 90,128 200
16 Sweden 853,300,000,000 30 June 2010 91,487 187
4 France 4,698,000,000,000 30 June 2010 74,619 182
18 Denmark 559,500,000,000 30 June 2010 101,084 180
19 Greece 532,900,000,000 30 June 2010 47,636 174
Your own cite displays exactly what Im trying to say... the ratio of debt to per capita GDP for Greece is 174%, the same ratio for the U.S. is 95%. Their ratio is twice as high and thats one of the primary reasons why they are in catastrophic economic straits.

But going back to what I said a few posts above, which is germaine to the thread, do you consider a Greek cop as an oppresive agent of the State, on par with the likes of Syrian, Iranian, and other oppresive regimes?

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #26
ducducgooseit

Alex.s are you, on an international forum, proclaiming publicly that you support the idea of burning a human alive as a means to accomplish a goal?

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #27
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
Alex.s are you, on an international forum, proclaiming publicly that you support the idea of burning a human alive as a means to accomplish a goal?
i don't know where you got that from, but no. i don't. what i DID say is that when things like this happen, it shouldn't be unexpected. i also said molotov's are interesting improvised weapons. nowhere in there do i support the idea of injuring anyone.

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #28
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Your own cite displays exactly what Im trying to say... the ratio of debt to per capita GDP for Greece is 174%, the same ratio for the U.S. is 95%. Their ratio is twice as high and thats one of the primary reasons why they are in catastrophic economic straits.

But going back to what I said a few posts above, which is germaine to the thread, do you consider a Greek cop as an oppresive agent of the State, on par with the likes of Syrian, Iranian, and other oppresive regimes?
you're right. the USA is not as bad as greece in that one sense. what about the rest of those countries on there? is the UK breaking out in riots?
and i honestly don't pay attention to what the greek police force, or the syrian, iranian or other "oppressive regimes" are doing to their citizens so i can't comment on that.

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #29
ducducgooseit

Whew. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #30
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
Whew. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
i'm still wondering where you got that idea from...

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #31
ducducgooseit

I read your posts with emphasis in the wrong places. Its tough to to get the right tone of other's posts when there is a sophisticated topic. So, I cleared my troubles by asking.

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #32
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
you're right. the USA is not as bad as greece in that one sense. what about the rest of those countries on there? is the UK breaking out in riots?
and i honestly don't pay attention to what the greek police force, or the syrian, iranian or other "oppressive regimes" are doing to their citizens so i can't comment on that.
If you dont pay attention to that kind of stuff, dont try to lecture us who do pay attention fo foreign affairs what is and isnt typical behavior in a 'national revolt'. What the photo that started this thread showed was an abhorent act of criminal/terroristic violence against a person who was trying to do his honorable duty.

I'm glad you asked about the rest of the countries in that list because it gives me a chance to point out an interesting point. People on a certain end of the political spectrum here in the U.S are constantly harranging everyone to be more like Europe: In France people only work 35 hrs a week, in the UK everyone has free helathcare, in Norway the 'rich are taxed'. Well, now all those bastions of European socialism have debt to GDP rations that would floor an elephant. So yeah, I cant explain the presence of all those countries on the list, but I find it curious that the ones in Eurpoe that provide free **** to everyone have breath taking debt to GDP ratios. The only reason they havent spiralled into the toilet (yet) like Greece, is that they continue to borrow money to fund their ever increasing demand of entitlements.

On a similar vein, I also find it curious that now that we have a 9+% jobless rate in the U.S., it is an incredible economic hardship. However through most of the last decade, when we were at 5% unemployment, most of the European socialist states were at 12-15% unemployment. They're steady state economic state has unemployment vastly higher than our crisis state. But I guess you wont hear that little piece of information, the next time someone is schilling for 'single payer' health care or whatever statist handout is in favor at the moment. Thats the price Eurpoe pays for their cradle to grave nanny-statism - they are paralyzed economically. Theyre work force will never be at full utilization and they will never be the leading economic powers - like the US was, is, and will again rebound to.

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #33
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Serious business dramatics aside, if I was that cop and I survived that, you can bet this picture would be mounted on the station's wall in all its badass glory <3

I'm never lucky enough to have my craziest "How the hell did I survive that?!" moments caught on film
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #34
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
If you dont pay attention to that kind of stuff, dont try to lecture us who do pay attention fo foreign affairs what is and isnt typical behavior in a 'national revolt'.

not a big fan of history, are you?

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #35
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
not a big fan of history, are you?
Actually, Im a huge fan of history, at least post Cold War contemporary history. I would be comfortable in venturing a guess that Im more versed in political insurections, guerilla movements, insurgencies, and revolutions than you are.

My point was your pooh-poohing the actions of the Greek portestors as something that the Greek police deserved because of some oppresion they caried out - like the many 3rd world regimes referred to earlier. My response that you qutoed was in reaction to you saying basically, 'Big deal this kind of stuff happens in national revolts.' which to me bear the implication that the Greek cops deserved it and the portestors were righteous in trying to burn a man alive.

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #36
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Actually, Im a huge fan of history, at least post Cold War contemporary history. I would be comfortable in venturing a guess that Im more versed in political insurections, guerilla movements, insurgencies, and revolutions than you are.

My point was your pooh-poohing the actions of the Greek portestors as something that the Greek police deserved because of some oppresion they caried out - like the many 3rd world regimes referred to earlier. My response that you qutoed was in reaction to you saying basically, 'Big deal this kind of stuff happens in national revolts.' which to me bear the implication that the Greek cops deserved it and the portestors were righteous in trying to burn a man alive.
fortunately since the invention of such wide-spread information resources such as global television and the internet, revolutions from "post-cold-war contemporary history" vary quite dramatically from revolutions that date before the invention of such wide-spread 'instant' communication methods. i'd welcome you to pull up some numbers on number of revolutions in the past 1000 years that were violent compared to those that weren't. the only reason modern revolutions aren't nearly as frequently violent is because of large-scale intervention from external sources encouraged due to widespread publication of the events. i think post-reformation western civ was my favorite section of history personally. but you can find widespread violence related to revolution in pretty much every country's history, including our own. and i'm not even going to get started on the third world countries that are involved in revolutions currently where mass genocide is involved. it seems like there are almost too many to count.

i'd also welcome you to point out where i said the police deserved anything? or that they ever oppressed anyone? i think you're reading into things to hear what you want to hear. what i pointed out was that violence in revolts should not be unexpected from a historical standpoint. i expressed sympathy for neither party because, like i said, i'm not involved in those conflicts. and to say that you know what's going on because of what you hear on the news or read in the papers... well that's pretty ignorant. you should know as well as everyone how biased and malformed 99% of the media in this country and most other countries are. people don't make money telling the truth, they make money telling people what they want to hear.

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #37
Jesse8931
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250r

So I guess the Russians took those nice fellows to a tea party in 1917 and We Americans we revolted against the British. Unfortunately when this happens and this will happen people will die. I dont think people understand when you have no money and the government wont help in time the people overthrow the government.
Jesse8931 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #38
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
fortunately since the invention of such wide-spread information resources such as global television and the internet, revolutions from "post-cold-war contemporary history" vary quite dramatically from revolutions that date before the invention of such wide-spread 'instant' communication methods. i'd welcome you to pull up some numbers on number of revolutions in the past 1000 years that were violent compared to those that weren't. the only reason modern revolutions aren't nearly as frequently violent is because of large-scale intervention from external sources encouraged due to widespread publication of the events. i think post-reformation western civ was my favorite section of history personally. but you can find widespread violence related to revolution in pretty much every country's history, including our own. and i'm not even going to get started on the third world countries that are involved in revolutions currently where mass genocide is involved. it seems like there are almost too many to count.

i'd also welcome you to point out where i said the police deserved anything? or that they ever oppressed anyone? i think you're reading into things to hear what you want to hear. what i pointed out was that violence in revolts should not be unexpected from a historical standpoint. i expressed sympathy for neither party because, like i said, i'm not involved in those conflicts. and to say that you know what's going on because of what you hear on the news or read in the papers... well that's pretty ignorant. you should know as well as everyone how biased and malformed 99% of the media in this country and most other countries are. people don't make money telling the truth, they make money telling people what they want to hear.
Your true colors are starting to poke out. You're just bursting to get a 'Faux News' dig or a 'corporate media' rant, arent you?

Check this out, whats happening in Greece isnt a revolution. Whats happening in Greece is agitation by entitled malcontents.

You want a revolution, look at whats happening in Syria or what the Shiite population of Bahrain tried to do earlier this year or the newly established state of South Sudan.

And no one is saying or said the violence is a rarity in anything. The issue I had was the glddy chortling at what very well could've been an innocent man being burned to death.

Anti-war leftists in the 60's demonized the whole effort of the war and the South Vietnamese Army and police because of this picture:

The useful idiots in this country did their part to show how evil the war was because of this picture. However, no one ever made a mention of how the guy getting ventilated was a Viet Cong officer who commanded a death squad that would execute South Vietnamese cops and their families (This was in early '68 during the Tet offensive, so cockroaches like this were roaming through the country side commiting attorcities at will.). As per expected the useful idiots proved precisely how stupid they were by acting as pawn in the propaganda war against the US and our South Vietnamese allies.

The difference between the pictures? I would wager that the cop in the photo never murdered anyone. The communist eating the .38 murdered countrless people. How many here how chortled at the cop's perdicament would find it distateful to take pleasure in the communist;s death?

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #39
wtfh4xx

Too40, you know nothing about the conflict do you?
They young aren't mad because they dont get a "free ride", their pissed because they have no future. They will have no chance to even work a job.
Do you know why?
The retirement age that was upped is being upped again, meaning that older people have to work harder and longer for their pensions and retirement and as such those jobs are not opening to the young people who have the new education and a whole life ahead of them.
The old are getting screwed another 5-10 years and the young dont even get a chance.
Everyone is pissed, add the economic situation and you get this flare up.

Quit ranting and think for a moment about all sides of the issue.
The cop is doing his job yes, and as I covered in another recent thread, thats HIS CHOICE.
If a cop dont want to be pelted with Molotovs then perhaps consider another occupation.
I'll continue laughing and saying OH DAMN at pictures like this.

p.s. I like that you condemn students for trying to find their future by rioting, and yet you say that you'll SHOOT the YOUTH OF AMERICA if they ever want to riot to find their freedoms.
So glad us "lowest echelon of scum THE YOUTH" can look forward to meeting people like you in the near future.
2010 SE 250R!

Old July 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #40
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
quite a long response so i'll break up my responses...

Quote:
Your true colors are starting to poke out. You're just bursting to get a 'Faux News' dig or a 'corporate media' rant, arent you?
not sure why you think this. but i would openly invite any evidence that shows any media corporation is unbiased. anywhere. please... i would LOVE to see it.

Quote:
Check this out, whats happening in Greece isnt a revolution. Whats happening in Greece is agitation by entitled malcontents.
so you're saying a population (or rather, segment of a population) fighting or rioting against it's government isn't revolt? or are you saying it's not "valid revolution" because the people who are mad are (in your eyes) 'lazy non-working entitlists'? this really confuses me almost sounds like you yourself are viewing things from your own biased opinion instead of trying to objectify the situation.

Quote:
You want a revolution, look at whats happening in Syria or what the Shiite population of Bahrain tried to do earlier this year or the newly established state of South Sudan.
so you're saying that because one area has worse violence or a higher rate of mortality per rioter/revolutionary, that anything else is "not good enough"? this really confuses me even more. does that mean that the minor revolutions in history are no longer revolutions because we have mass genocide?

Quote:
And no one is saying or said the violence is a rarity in anything.
sorry, but i believe you implied that when you said:
Quote:
If you dont pay attention to that kind of stuff, dont try to lecture us who do pay attention fo foreign affairs what is and isnt typical behavior in a 'national revolt'.
Quote:
The issue I had was the glddy chortling at what very well could've been an innocent man being burned to death.
please... point out where anyone is "giddy chortling" at anything here? again- i think you're really reading into things to hear what you want to hear.

Quote:
Anti-war leftists in the 60's demonized the whole effort of the war and the South Vietnamese Army and police because of this picture:

The useful idiots in this country did their part to show how evil the war was because of this picture. However, no one ever made a mention of how the guy getting ventilated was a Viet Cong officer who commanded a death squad that would execute South Vietnamese cops and their families (This was in early '68 during the Tet offensive, so cockroaches like this were roaming through the country side commiting attorcities at will.). As per expected the useful idiots proved precisely how stupid they were by acting as pawn in the propaganda war against the US and our South Vietnamese allies.

The difference between the pictures? I would wager that the cop in the photo never murdered anyone. The communist eating the .38 murdered countrless people. How many here how chortled at the cop's perdicament would find it distateful to take pleasure in the communist;s death?
unfortunately none of us know the police officer in the photo so i can't tell you how many people he has or hasn't killed, and how many of the people he has or hasn't killed "deserved it" or not. honestly i don't think killing someone solves much of anything. i never "chortled" at anything, but if you're implying me, i would find it extremely distasteful to take pleasure in anyone's death. perhaps you disagree and simply like killing?

the point i'm trying to make that you seem to be ignoring or not understanding is that you are making quite a lot of assumptions based on limited third party information being provided to you by sources who have personal interests. perhaps it would be wise instead to be more objective about situations you aren't directly involved in. you seem to have an extremely subjective point of view and seem to project apparently past experiences on current events.