ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM   #1
stealth250
Gearhead

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Front end lowering kit for sale??

Well, after taking a 200 mile freeway trip yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that I must be getting old. I want to lower the front end, and was going to use clip-ons, but I don't think that's for me! So, for all of you who have installed clip-ons and are going to stick it out, does anyone want to sell their handlebar riser/front lowering kit?

Old June 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2
BlueRaven
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

How much are you looking to lower it?

Old June 21st, 2009, 05:46 PM   #3
stealth250
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post
How much are you looking to lower it?
Well, I am going to get either the Roaring Toyz, or Soupys kit because I want to go down about an inch. I was just hoping someone who has lowered theirs already and then switched to the clip-ons, might want to sell their lowering kit for a deal.
Why do you ask?

Old June 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM   #4
BlueRaven

My cousin is a machinist and can copy my roaring toyz but i don't know how much he would charge. I actually told him tonight that i wanted him to take the measures of all the holes and make me a dogbone with just one hole so it would be stronger like the original and that maybe other ppl would be interested to have some too. i bought the whole kit, lowering links, blocks and kickstand.

Old June 21st, 2009, 06:03 PM   #5
stealth250
Gearhead

I'm only looking to do the front just to get a little quicker steering. Not doing anything to the rear. Plus, after my ride yesterday, the bars a little closer wouldn't be a bad thing either. But, if I drop the forks all the way into the riser, then it will be the same as it is now as far as bar height. It would be nice to have some adjustability to the front end to get the steering to my liking. I was close to ordering clip-ons, but have now decided that the forward position would not work for me on long rides.

Old June 21st, 2009, 06:07 PM   #6
BlueRaven

If you lower the front you would have to lower the back approx the same amount wouldn't you. I know if you lower the rear you have to lower the front too. I don't know if its the same for rule for front.

Old June 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM   #7
stealth250
Gearhead

If you lower the rear, you need to lower the front the same amount to keep the same steering geometry. Otherwise the steering will be slower and the bike won't handle as well. If you lower just the front, you make the steering quicker by steepening the head tube angle. That's what I want to accomplish by lowering just the front. The only logical reason to lower the rear would be to get your feet on the ground better. I'm 5'8" and I sit flat footed on it now. So lowering the rear would be pointless for me. A lot of people lower them strictly for looks, but that takes away from it's best feature, how it handles in the twisties. And then there's the whole ground clearance issue...