Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Matz
is stunning! ;)

Name: Matz

Motorcycle(s): CBR600 FS2, XT350

Is my seat too wobbly?

Here's the story in a nutshell!
I parked my bike on the high street (in front of some girls on a bench, obviously ) so that I could go to the bank. I always hate taking my helmet in as holding it whilst counting cash in a busy queue is a pain in the ass, so I decided to try out the helmet lock. My helmet doesn't have a double D clip it has a buckle so I just bent the strap around the notch and put the seat back on with no trouble.

However when I came back to the bike I couldn't get the boot open which meant I couldn't get my helmet out, and as in Britain it's the law to wear a helmet at all times when riding a motorbike (a law which, in my opinion, should be enforced in every country and anyone who doesn't wear one is and idiot!) it meant I couldn't go anywhere.

After 20 minutes of wrestling with the boot lid (with help from my passing friends and a butcher with his screwdriver) I conceded and phoned my mum to come into town and bring my spare helmet with her. Typically! Just as she arrived I managed to get it off and so we went home.

Anyways! I fear I may have bent the seat a bit whilst trying to "let's say encourage" it to come off. It's fine but it does feel a tiny bit loose.
Problem is I can't remember if it was like that beforehand?
I know a lot of bikes have slightly wobbly seats and some don't. My CBR125R for example had a really lose fitting seat but my Hyosung has a really tight fitting one which was hard to get on.
My bikes only done about 2000 odd miles from new so nothing's worn on it.
Is the Ninja's supposed to be a tiny bit wobbly or do I need to try and bend it back?

Old November 24th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #2
C L
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2014 300

mine doesnt move at all. maybe a rubber stopper fell out
C L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Matz
is stunning! ;)

Name: Matz

Motorcycle(s): CBR600 FS2, XT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by C L View Post
mine doesnt move at all. maybe a rubber stopper fell out
No there still there, although the seat pivots on the locking mechanism so that only one stopper makes contact at any one time. Think I'll stick the seat horizontally in a vice. Hope that sorts it!

Old November 26th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #4
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

I had that happen once to me and I even bent my key a bit trying to get it open. I also have a buckle on my helmet strap which I think is what is causing the problem. Since then I have been very careful when removing the lid with the helmet locked underneath.
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote