Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Old February 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #1
dancrosoft
Dan

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 Black

Wink Great Site :)

So far the site looks excellent...

I would like the to see the DIY/FAQ section put into an FAQ type of module. I know they have plugins for phpbb and other CMS type php apps that will do it. I am sure they have one for vBulletin somewhere . It would make for a great database of information and easy searching for us noobz.

Any who it looks like I shall be rite at home at this site . Thanks a bunch for hosting it.

If I can be of any assistance let me know. I am not a wiz on the bikes but I am a senior sys admin and have quite a bit of wintel/unix/linux knowledge. The apache/php stuff I got may be of use to you
dancrosoft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Thx Dan!

Check out this thread:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10470

The eventual direction is to get to a wiki-type solution for some basic tech information. Perhaps the DIY stuff as well. MediaWiki is one of the leaders in the space right now, but as of right now their latest version doesn't work very well with the latest version of vbulletin without a bunch of kludges. The hope (and the expectation) is that won't be a problem for an extended period, and once there is a reasonably well-supported way to link the two I'd like to take ninjette.org down that path.

I don't want to create a separate area that is disconnected from the user accounts already established on the main site, and I don't want to add anything that will make future incremental upgrades on the main site more cumbersome.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #3
dancrosoft
Dan

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 Black

woops posted in wrong thread... hehe i should stop trying to multitask to much..

Last futzed with by dancrosoft; February 16th, 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: posted in wrong thread...
dancrosoft is offline   Reply With Quote