ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 20th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #41
marc99
ninjette.org member

Name: marc

Motorcycle(s): Hodaka, fz750,

Unless one knows what a chassis dyno's software does with the true hp delivered to the drive roller and one knows what an engine dyno does to the actual observed hp number reading taken from the end of the crank, it's a total waste of time to talk about comparing hp.

HP numbers and their factors are mostly misunderstood.

Marc Salvisberg
EC997 Dynamometer Systems
marc99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #42
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
@micoulisninja, I didn't say that there is no need to change the valve springs, please take a look at my writeup and you'll see the parts number for them. The only thing I did was to translate the given information from one of the most experienced tuning company for Ninja 250 race bikes. So I would beg you please for more information to contact them.

@garth285 already pointed out where the parts come from: the 2004 ZX6-R and others, so there you should look how high they are able to rev.
Or maybe look at the real old 250/400cc-bikes which did rev up to 20000 rpm, maybe there you can find some valves in the same size like the Ninja. But also it's important, like you said in another post I'd read from you, take good care that the springs are not to strong bc then they will not only limit the ability to rev but also hit your valves into the seat what's never a good solution.

Also to answer the question about the ignition advancer in the EFI-Model: my Ninja is EFI (please take a look at the attached PDF).
But there is one difference to keep in mind: the Thai-Version has 38 deg btdc @ 6000 rpm while the European model has 40 deg btdc @ 6000 rpm.

To give some information about the temperature, since I have the Koso RX2 instrument I'm able to read the value of my temperature. After installing the ign adv I carefully watched this and from what I saw, is that the value went down by around 8 degrees celsius. I think it's well known that a wrong ign timing will make an engine overheating but also that the right value will keep the temperature normal (low).

@marc99 - your puller doesn't work with the 250 Ninja.

I hope that I could satisfy all your questions, so I'll step back into my cave now and say vaya con dios.
I've seen the part numbers, I always read your writings with much attention and devour every little piece of information with great appetite!! And I am thankful to have around to give that different view of the coin...
However I have tried already contacting them about a year ago or so and scuderia platini was very reluctant on providing any specific information or guideline, that is why I tried searhing around myself... however I failed discovering anything tried or at least similar-looking...for example when I was looking at ZX-6R springs I saw they were double and figured outer would be wider than 250's while inner a lot smaller so I got dissapointed...
then I tried to find old I-4 400s but in Greece there are no engine parts remaining in salvage to check and compare and since they were not officially ever imported, dealers do not provide any kind of info...didn't manage to dig up anythng on the web concerning sth so specific so I was left with stock choice or out of my financial capabilties RDsprings choice... that is why I am asking for more specific info on springs from other kawa models such as the ZX-6... even if they are the intake or exhaust outer would be important to me because part numbers are given only for purchase around here... information in genera is hardly given to people unless a mechanic or an identified model owner and salvage parts owners are VERY reluctant on letting anyone taking out parts to compare unless promised a purchase as well....
Please stick right with us !! I believe there are more than just me who enjoy your writing and are thirsty for your knowledge...
besides...it is always nice to have different (not saying right or wrong, just different) opinions on matters so that we have the potential of choosing what to keep and what to go past...

Old September 21st, 2014, 09:22 AM   #43
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc99 View Post
Unless one knows what a chassis dyno's software does with the true hp delivered to the drive roller and one knows what an engine dyno does to the actual observed hp number reading taken from the end of the crank, it's a total waste of time to talk about comparing hp.

HP numbers and their factors are mostly misunderstood.

Marc Salvisberg
EC997 Dynamometer Systems
I cant tell you how many people I have spoken to are hung up on dyno numbers... Dyno's are tuning tools and thats all!!!
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2014, 01:07 PM   #44
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
All I look for on a Dyno is exhaist temp on my dash and the air fuel ratio. Smooth curves on the power band and all in a controlled environment . Numbers don't mean much though I only use one Dyno so the numbers are at least close to each other. Also a good place to find loose bolts and leaks.

Old September 21st, 2014, 01:20 PM   #45
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Old October 9th, 2020, 01:28 PM   #46
Fern2400
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Fernando

Motorcycle(s): Cbr f4i and ninja 250

Where can I find one of these (BRT Imax super pro CDI). Or an other model that would fit the bill.
Fern2400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2020, 04:43 PM   #47
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Hmm, seems product is from Indonesia and sole U.S. importer is no longer around. You may be able to order from Indonesia seller though.

http://web.archive.org/web/201304020...uct_id=CDI-005
https://www.tokopedia.com/motor-bike...inja-250-karbu
https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...2252829828683/
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote