ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #1
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Question

Hey guys, I just want to ask the gearjunkies here at my favorite forum if you guys will give this stuff the "GO" signal.

Gloves:
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7705
Boots:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/c...o-air-rr-boots

Are there any other alternatives? thanks!
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #2
kaiserz

I've change my mind about the gloves(I have Palmar Hyperhidrosis, and I don't think the TEKNIC Lightning has any perf or ventilation), I'm debating which one to get now. The Top end glove that teknic is offering http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7704 or the cheapest "Hand protector" from KNOX http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6963

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i like tourmaster/cortech. the second pair you posted seem like a bit much for street use but if you've got the cash they both seem like great gloves. i have cortec "adrenaline" gloves and i absolutely love them. good venting too.

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #4
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
The Cortech Latigos are produced in Pakistan and sold to various manufacturers who market it under different brands. They are pretty much identical to the Teknic Chicane and the Sedici Laguna boots.

Not to say they are bad boots, I've actually got my eye on a pair. Seems like a good boot for the money. But you may want to look at prices on the Teknic and the Sedici and go with what is least expensive. The Sedici's usually are the best bargain, though since Cyclegear.com came out with them, other retailers have lowered its prices to be more competitive. For that reason alone, I'd lean towards the Sedici version of these boots -- plus the Sedici comes with a lifetime guarantee.

Here is a thread that talks about the boot similarities: Cortech, Teknic and Sedici Boots. And the obligatory video review:

Link to original page on YouTube.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #5
zem
Matress

Name: Sebastian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 04 Ninja 250

I got the Teknic Lightning one's. Yeah no ventilation. It's almost a 100 degrees today, I just came back from riding 60 miles. The lack of ventilation hasn't bothered me yet, I can only notice all the sweat when you take'm off and back on again. But with your Palmar Hyperhidrosis it sure might be bad. Great glove though. Do those other Teknic gloves and the Knox one's have any ventilation? Didn't see it being mentioned?

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #6
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
On the gloves, if you are thinking about spending 165 bucks on the Teknic Xcelerator and you are looking for a glove that breathes well, you might think about the Held Air Stream. Best glove manufacturer out there in what I think is the most protective vented glove on the market. As a bonus, not only is it well vented, it has a coolmax liner which should help your hyperhidrosis.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
I've change my mind about the gloves(I have Palmar Hyperhidrosis, and I don't think the TEKNIC Lightning has any perf or ventilation), I'm debating which one to get now. The Top end glove that teknic is offering http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7704 or the cheapest "Hand protector" from KNOX http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6963
I'm looking at the same TEKNIC gloves right now! Also I'm looking at these http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=8272

Both seem good, but the ICON seem like they will vent better

Old June 4th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #8
Mad-B-Man
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 07 EX250F, Honda NCZ50 Motocompo

I have a pair of teknic xcelerator

They run really large. I'm usually a perfect fit in most medium/8.5, but even in the small xcelerators it's still slightly too large (though within acceptable range for me).

It has minimal perforation in the knuckles, but they do move enough air to get my hand cold in coolish weather. Never rode with them when it was really hot out though.

While it's a good gloves in terms of protection offered, the stitching and the thread used on the gloves are pretty poor, resulting in a lot of fraying. The double wrist closure system makes it worse, since the threads will come into contact with some of the velcro hooks while taking the gloves off, slowly making the fraying worse. Fraying was something I had to deal with ****** textile gloves (like the A* SMX AC), not something I expect to deal with in leather gloves. I've had 2 loose stitches now in the fingers (one from loose stitching, the other popped out on its own), which I had to fix myself with hopefully better quality thread. Teknic customer support is basically none existent, so I stopped trying to get them to honor their warranty.

I'll still continue to use them, as I do like the fit and the protection it offers (after I've reinforced the stitching). I have crashed in them once in a low speed low side, and it held up fine even with some of the worn threads. I especially like the palm sliders, that saved my left hand. I would not buy another pair though, as I expected a glove that costs 160 bucks to be of much higher quality. That and the double wrist closure system is damn annoying.

I'll keep these until the are worn beyond acceptable use (been riding with them for about half a year now I think), but next time, I'm buying held, knox, or RS Taichi. At least I got it a bit cheaper than the usual street price.
Mad-B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #9
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
On the gloves, if you are thinking about spending 165 bucks on the Teknic Xcelerator and you are looking for a glove that breathes well, you might think about the Held Air Stream. Best glove manufacturer out there in what I think is the most protective vented glove on the market. As a bonus, not only is it well vented, it has a coolmax liner which should help your hyperhidrosis.

This

Old June 4th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #10
kaiserz

Thanks guys (: But I really like the scaphoid protection system that the teknic and the knox has. I'm willing to sacrifice some ventilation in order to get that slider thing in my hand.

@Sebastian. Thanks mann I'm still thinking if I should just get the lightning. also my palmar thing is not really that bad, I sweat but it's not really like a faucet or something hehehe

@ffloyd,rock. Thanks, I saw the video for the held air but I really would want the slider thing (for the peace of mind).

@Brian. Thanks bro, I think we have a winner then (:

ALSO ONE MORE QUESTION (sorry for the caps)
Do you guys use your track stuff as your daily rider stuff too? cause I'm planning to go track school too, And I'm thinking If I'm gonna dish out this amount of money on gloves why not step it up to this http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6962 .

Old June 4th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #11
zem
Matress

Name: Sebastian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 04 Ninja 250

Quote:
I sweat but it's really like a faucet or something hehehe
i just had to, silly me....

If you wanna see some pictures of them I posted a couple in here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75006

If you wanna see more pics or whatever just holla at me

Old June 5th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #12
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Thanks guys (: But I really like the scaphoid protection system that the teknic and the knox has. I'm willing to sacrifice some ventilation in order to get that slider thing in my hand.
Then the Teknics seem like what you are looking for, they look really protective. I love the pinkie protection, too, as there are a lot of injuries there, and the pad right over the wrist bone. Awesome to see people getting such great, protective gloves. Let us know how they work out.

Old June 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #13
Moldbuster
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Limited Ed

i'm good on the boots. I have the Knox Handroids which are excellent. If you can swing the extra $$, they are well worth it. The Knox Biomech also looks good and has the same killer wrist fastening system (best I've ever used)...make the wrist secure and very comfortable. Also. If you cwn get a glove with Roo leather, it is thinner and cooler with better feel. Handroid has the best control feel of any glove I've used.

Old June 5th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #14
kaiserz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldbuster View Post
i'm good on the boots. I have the Knox Handroids which are excellent. If you can swing the extra $$, they are well worth it. The Knox Biomech also looks good and has the same killer wrist fastening system (best I've ever used)...make the wrist secure and very comfortable. Also. If you cwn get a glove with Roo leather, it is thinner and cooler with better feel. Handroid has the best control feel of any glove I've used.
you are really making it hard for me hehehehe