ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

My longest ride (to date)

Unfortunately, the ride did not consist of any twisties.
It started yesterday (10/03/2011) morning. I headed out for a job interview in a town that is 95 miles away from where I live.
I started off by filling up my gas tank fully, which means all the way to the bottom of the neck of the tank. I sat on the bike and held it up with the bottom of the bike parallel to the ground.

Looks like $13 is a good amount to fill it up with, at least for the time being before gas prices skyrocket again!
I first went to the location where I was supposed to be working, which is a warehouse in Buena Park, CA, which is a good 57+ miles away from where I'm currently residing. I was applying for a security guard position. My cousin, who works at this location and was the main reason I was able to land this interview, showed me what my duties would be, which are pretty much nothing. Fortunately, I'd get paid $9/hour to just stand around and watch warehouse employees load and unload trucks with merchandise. Is it boring? Yes, but it is a hell of a lot better than delivering pizzas for Domino's.
You can tell how enthusiastic I was about the interview:

After having my cousin show me around the place, I left for Chatsworth, CA. I traveled on the brutal 101 highway, which leads through Hollywood. I spotted several nice and expensive vehicles, such as a Ferrari F430, Rolls-Royce Phantom, Bentley Continental GTC, etc., along the way, but unlike them, I wasn't completely trapped in stop-and-go traffic. Lane splitting FTW...
Until you almost get hit by an idiot who switches lanes at the last second without checking his blind spots.
Anyway, I made it to the job interview just in time (it was scheduled for 12 p.m.). My soon-to-be boss was impressed by my bike. He didn't know it was a 250cc sport bike. In fact, he even said to me, "I bet you hit 200 mph on that thing on the way here, huh?" More like 85 at the most (not in traffic), but no comment. I plea the fifth on that one.
He didn't even really interview me. He just told me what my duties will be, told me that I'll be expected to work 12 hours a day, at least 5 days a week, which is fine by me since this is not even really considered work.
Within 5 minutes of me arriving, he already handed me the stupid badge that from the distance makes me look like I'm wearing a police officer badge (that's the whole idea, right?) and a couple of medium sized shirts. I couldn't fit some of the jackets he had for me in my tank bag, though.
I left after a short while with him asking me to start working on Monday morning at 7 a.m. Know what that means? I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to make it there on time!
Afterward, I rode all the way back toward my place, stopping by Domino's first to say, "I got a new job, so I quit."
When I got home, I texted my friend KC (Ninja250) to see if I could swing by to do an oil change on my bike. He has all the necessary tools, and now that I've got a much better paying job, I'll definitely be stocking up on similar tools.
I met up with KC and Kevin (Kevin2109), who was also there doing some other work on his bike, at a restaurant in Banning, CA, first.
Unfortunately, I forgot I didn't put my kickstand down and dropped my bike. Fortunately, it was on the side that's already damaged from a hit-and-run crash earlier this year. My bike landed CLOSE to KC's GSXR750! My Ninja's sideview mirror actually hit his tire, which is the only contact that the bike made. I'm glad. I don't want to damage that beautiful Suzuki.

KC's glad, too.
The 3 of us rolled back to KC's place, where I began doing an oil change, using wonderful advice by KC and Kevin on performing it perfectly.

I was planning on creating a "DIY: Oil change w/out stands (for noobs)" thread, but I decided against it because I didn't take any decent pictures of the work.

Kevin & KC worked on Kev's awesome 636.

KC took it for a quick spin (literally) when the work was done to make sure the bike was riding smoothly.

They also did ^^that^^ to the bar ends on the 636. I don't recall exactly why, but it made sense when KC explained it to me.

Then Kev & I bounced, after telling KC how much we appreciated his hospitality. Again, thanks, KC, for letting me swing by to do the oil change!
We also drooled over KC's GSXR's plate lights:

I came home and parked my bike in the garage:

Yes, that's my girly colored Cobalt SS. You wanna fight about it?

And that was my day.

BTW, riding over 400 miles in one day without practically ANY twisties sucks! I started the day with somewhere over 2200 miles, ended with well over 2600!
I know this ride report isn't great, but I thought I'd share the day since I bothered to take a few pics throughout.

Here are some pics of how my bike looked at my job today:

That's my view all day. B-O-R-I-N-G!

All I did today was sit next to my bike:

I don't know if Hyundai makes the trailers for the trucks, but I saw plenty of Hyundai emblems everywhere.

And right across the street were plenty of Nabisco trucks.

Sorry for the relatively boring "Ride Report." Just wanted to share. If you even bothered to skim through this, thanks for checking it out.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

By the way, FWIW, I'll be riding 116+ miles per day now, 5 days per week, for this job. I don't mind it so much, except for having to deal with SoCal traffic. It's seriously a b*tch.
On the way to work today, there were 2 different accidents on the same freeway within 5 miles of each other! One seemed like an awful crash (plenty of paramedics, cops and firefighters present), while the other was a 4 car pile-up in the fast lane.
Looks like I'll be dealing with God awful drivers for the majority of my commute. Plus, sitting in a boring @ss lot for 12 hours a day doesn't seem fun. I'm going to have to invest in a PSP or something to kill time.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM   #3
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
Until you almost get hit by an idiot who switches lanes at the last second without checking his blind spots.
Lol welcome to working in Los Angeles.
Where nobody uses their blinker.
Better learn to ride defensively in all situations!
Wait until you start coming home after work and see how bad the traffic is.

That drive is going to take you more like 2 hours if you will be working in Chatsowrth. I used to live there. 3-4 hours on the way home in rush hour.
PS can't wait till you get tools and clean up your own oil! lol

Also don't buy a second 250. I almost made that mistake and glad I did not.
You need to learn more on your 250 first.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Also don't buy a second 250. I almost made that mistake and glad I did not.
You need to learn more on your 250 first.
What are you trying to say huh?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:05 PM   #5
ninja250
You are sleeping

PS Umar your mirror can bend an $800 rim dude. Be more careful.
Those rims don't weigh anything. They are like paper machet. Just your ninja rim is $500 alone.
Imagine a $15,000 race bike wheel cost.
The only reason I get whiney about you using my tools is because you leave them greasy and oil on my floor and washer. I know this is coming before you do it when you are asking me.

When I use my tools on your bike, I don't do this.

Don't mean to be a meanie bro, just be more considerate. =)
That's why I don't like people using my garage. I like to use my garage on people.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM   #6
ninja250
You are sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
What are you trying to say huh?
I'm glad as hell I waited and held out for something larger for my second bike for the freeway.

I told him to get a GS500F. Same price as the second 250 he wants.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Don't worry Umar... someone else actually did read this ride report!!! Congrats on the new job and be safe on those long commutes Definitely heed KC's advice... another 250 would be just plain silly
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I'm glad as hell I waited and held out for something larger for my second bike for the freeway.

I told him to get a GS500F. Same price as the second 250 he wants.
Good luck finding a GS500f, thats what I originally wanted to buy but couldn't find one anywhere. Anyways, love my second 250, its a great project bike and I can't wait to crash it! My future third bike on the other hand, I may go smaller than a 250. Probably one of these

A 47cc pocket bike, I'm sure it will be fun to dick around on plus I can try out smaller scale fiberglass/carbon fiber/kevlar fairings on it. Then my fourth bike will be one of these.

The BMW F800ST

Fifth bike, well I haven't figured that one out yet

As for your security job Umar, I worked in Loss Prevention for a while, which was probably far more eventful than your Security job, and I still got bored out of my freakin mind there. My suggestion, get a fully functional smartphone (the new sony ericson has a playstation controller built into it!) and bring some books to read.

My coworkers and I spent hours playing with the Xperia Play the day it was released. It's a great android phone and the controller makes playing games awesome! I suggest you invest in one to help keep your sanity at your new job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Don't worry Umar... someone else actually did read this ride report!!! Congrats on the new job and be safe on those long commutes Definitely heed KC's advice... another 250 would be just plain silly
Plain silly or epically awesome? I'm leaning towards the second one
AFM #676

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM   #9
ninja250
You are sleeping

I lied to you guys when i Said the first time I Dragged knees on a bike was on my Ninjette.

I just found my old pocketbike knee and elbow pads and gloves today.
I was scraping knees back in the day lol.

Pocket bikes are hella fun. $200 on ebay now with full fairings for the little ripper 49cc reed valve two strokes. Don't forget the redline racing oil!
Don't leave home without it.

As for BMW's...
They had a nice used BMW super motor at the dealership where I picked up jixxy..
Wasn't my cup of tea.
I seen one I liked one time but every GSXR I see I like better.

Your avatar looks like BMW supermoto style to me. Like James bondish I guess.
No not bondage you perve get outta here. Wrong forum.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I lied to you guys when i Said the first time I Dragged knees on a bike was on my Ninjette.

I just found my old pocketbike knee and elbow pads and gloves today.
I was scraping knees back in the day lol.

Pocket bikes are hella fun. $200 on ebay now with full fairings for the little ripper 49cc reed valve two strokes. Don't forget the redline racing oil!
Don't leave home without it.

As for BMW's...
They had a nice used BMW super motor at the dealership where I picked up jixxy..
Wasn't my cup of tea.
I seen one I liked one time but every GSXR I see I like better.

Your avatar looks like BMW supermoto style to me. Like James bondish I guess.
No not bondage you perve get outta here. Wrong forum.
Lol I thought it would be fun to wipe out on the pocket bike in full gear! I just ordered one today but they cancelled my order because they have to revise the exhaust system for CA, lame.

I really don't think I will ever get a supersport. I know I want more power than the 250 has but I don't need 100+. And the BMW.... I just love big fat exhaust cans, I don't know why, but my bike needs to have one.

BMW Supermoto??? lol i guess...
AFM #676

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM   #11
ninja250
You are sleeping

As for finding GS500F's..
I don't think you guys is looking hard enough.

Here's that million dollar unfinished house I have for sale.
Anyone want to buy it? Has it's own movie theater, five car garage, four bedrooms and five bath, huge overhang turnaround valet parking, rear garage doors massive back windows, view lot.. entire nine yards.
When I sell it I can pay off the gsxr lol
Just the beefed up steel retainer wall alone was 40,000.
They had to blow up rock to make the property too!

This bike is faster than the original R1, which was said to be too fast for it's own good at that time. Or anyone elses.

Sixer's bike while gasing up. I fixed his carbs and jetting and idle mix. Just need to synch his carbs and there was one more thing I'm forgetting i have written down somewhere.

A couple of nice bikes at Dairy Queen after quite a spirited ride. lol

The only mophukin way to end the day!

I won't even tease you with what it looked like before I ate it. Here it is after though. I can taste the broth now! Washed it down with Boba Thai Tea and walked outside to Umar dropping his bike!

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:16 PM   #12
ninja250
You are sleeping

Oh crap.
Maybe that's not a GS500f. If it is it's highly modified. I Think that's the case.

It was a single cyclinder and had a suzi tank and the funny grab bar.

WTF was that bike?

I think he chopped it up.. it's made of a few bikes.
It looks like it has the suzi tank. It had a huge single cylinder and no radiator only an oil cooler.
Fairly sure it was a GS500F but it has different front fairing and tail fairing.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:32 PM   #13
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 2006 Daytona 675 in Tornado Red (sold), 2007 Ninja 650

Quote:
Oh crap.
Maybe that's not a GS500f. If it is it's highly modified. I Think that's the case.

It was a single cyclinder and had a suzi tank and the funny grab bar.

WTF was that bike?

I think he chopped it up.. it's made of a few bikes.
It looks like it has the suzi tank. It had a huge single cylinder and no radiator only an oil cooler.
Fairly sure it was a GS500F but it has different front fairing and tail fairing.
The yellow and black bike in your first pic?
Definitely a Suzuki SV 650. :P
Also, I believe the gs500f is a parallel twin.

Oh, and Pho for the win.
hoodadooda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:50 PM   #14
ninja250
You are sleeping

Crazy.
I didn't know the SV650 was a single cyl air cooled bike!

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM   #15
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 2006 Daytona 675 in Tornado Red (sold), 2007 Ninja 650

Quote:
Crazy.
I didn't know the SV650 was a single cyl air cooled bike!
Don't be silly! It's a v-twin, but I assume that you looked at it at an angle and it looks like it has one header coming from the front, but then you have another from the other cylinder that you can't see so well.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:54 PM   #16
ninja250
You are sleeping

I Thought I looked at the other side! I didn't see a second can!
Is it possible he had a 2 into 1 setup?

That's not a radiator is it? It looked like an oil cooler to me.

Whelp, got me.

I do see GS500F on cragslist around here though right now.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:57 PM   #17
ninja250
You are sleeping

Yeah look at my pics he didn't have the second can on there.

He had a single LEo Vance.

Easy to mistake for a single cylinder!

That bike must be a tank with that V-twin engine! The side of the engine I saw was huge and looked heavy!

Old October 4th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #18
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Quote:
I Thought I looked at the other side! I didn't see a second can!
Is it possible he had a 2 into 1 setup?

That's not a radiator is it? It looked like an oil cooler to me.

Whelp, got me.

I do see GS500F on cragslist around here though right now.
SV comes stock like that with a two to one exhaust. If you follow the exhaust from the first header in the front towards the muffler, you'll notice another pipe coming from the other side just by the rear tire to meet up with the first one. Oh? A leo Vince? I bet it makes a nice throaty sound.

I don't know too much about the cooling system for the SV, but I think it is a radiator. Just a small one.

Is the bike market in Cali as rough as I've heard?

Last futzed with by hoodadooda; October 4th, 2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Just read ninja250's other post.

Old October 4th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #19
ninja250
You are sleeping

Everyone likes to play on their bikes down here.
You know what happens then. They get broken.
Also nobody likes to maintain them here like I do.
The rest don't know how or have the ability in tools or knowhow or both.
Or just plain don't have time.

So if you find a nice condition bike it's gonna be expensive or high miles.

And it's about 95% chance they are trying to hide a drop from you when you go to buy here. I've bought dropped bikes at night that had bent rims and had been repainted black so I couldn't see for the sale.
You get sacked the next day hard when you find out you forked $5000 on a trashed bike.

CA bikes are different than everywhere else because of the emissions thing so they charge more for them here too for that BS.. (There actually is hardware differences they can charge for)
The market here for bikes on craigslist is usually doing pretty good as far as variety and being able to find what you want within a reasonable amount of time (two three weeks you should be able to find and buy a GS500F)

...and as always if your bike isn't selling on the market you need to lower your price.
Just like houses.. and crap on eBay.

Or you can stand by and wait while it loses value.
Time = money but you can't buy time back.

I think my next bike will be a DR-Z 650. Just a bit more money than the ninja and it's a huge super moto for giants like me.

You all will laugh but here in cali if you pay dealer crate and assembly and get financing, A Cali model Ninjette costs you $5500 OTD.. plus you can pay more in financing.

You ask from other states how we have the nerve to charge $4500 for our bike but some of us can get it because a new one is outrageous. I Ask you to trade me your out of state bike because I don't want to pay extra for no good reason either.. when I remove all the emissions controls the day I get it anyway.

Old October 4th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #20
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

@ninja250 Good man. Much respect for taking care of your bikes and other's for that matter.

Here in central VA, I think I've seen the same chromed out 'busa like 20 different times on craigslist throughout the year. Ninjettes pop up every now and then and so do a few nice supersports, but Harleys are EVERYWHERE.

Old October 4th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #21
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
AFM #676

Old October 4th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #22
ninja250
You are sleeping

Nah we are on topic.
This is all related to helping Umar learn more and get a GS500F.
haha.

It would be a good easy bike for him to care for and cost as much as the ninja but would get him away from thinking of a second 250 and less insurance than a 600. Also, they were last made in 2009 I believe so you guys should be able to find one laying around out here somewhere if the owners don't love them too much and are willing to part with one.

I'm hard on him but it's for his own good. I can see why people do it to me around here now too.
He knows I still love him.

If they had the 500F for sale still I may have bought one new over my 750.
Look at her, she sexy. Hewz yeah! $4300! Steal that thing. Lookatdasexyboxframe!
I got ripped when I paid $5500 for my ninjette in late 2009 and coulda had that.

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #23
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Quote:
PS Umar your mirror can bend an $800 rim dude. Be more careful.
Those rims don't weigh anything. They are like paper machet. Just your ninja rim is $500 alone.
Imagine a $15,000 race bike wheel cost.
The only reason I get whiney about you using my tools is because you leave them greasy and oil on my floor and washer. I know this is coming before you do it when you are asking me.

When I use my tools on your bike, I don't do this.

Don't mean to be a meanie bro, just be more considerate. =)
That's why I don't like people using my garage. I like to use my garage on people.

I promise you, PROMISE, I won't make a mess in your garage again. Next time I need to do any maintenance work (don't worry, it won't be an oil change because I'm just going to buy the necessary tools to keep at my place), I will bring towels and washcloths to make sure I don't make a mess on your floor.

As for the GS500F, I'm really starting to dig them. The only thing that's making me hesitant is that I KNOW I'll be paying out the ass for insurance on it. I already pay $60/mo for full coverage on my 250R. I can only imagine how much the 500cc bike will be.
I'm still going to put it into high consideration, though.

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #24
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Also, if anyone is wondering why the hell we're suddenly discussing a 2nd bike:

Yesterday, I texted KC and told him that I might be looking into buying a 2nd Ninja 250R because my commute is over 110 miles per day, 5 days a week now. I don't want to keep putting 500-600 miles per week on my 250R, so instead, I'd like to buy a 2nd Ninja and switch between the two.
Why?
Well, it's simple: if one of my bikes is in a shop (or more likely than not, KC's garage), I'll need the other bike to commute to work. Since I work 12 hours per day now with my only days off being when I'm in college pretty much 7-8 hours, I won't really have time to wait for my Ninja to get valve adjustments and the like, which can take several hours.
I thought getting a second Ninja 250R would make it so that if one bike needs maintenance work done, I can have it done but still go to work without using my car. I DON'T want to use my car because stop-and-go traffic is killer in Southern California. Imagine being in stop-and-go traffic for 50+ miles one way and then again on the way back! Eff that ish!

Before anyone assumes anything, I'm not in a rush to buy a second bike. My Ninja only has about 26XX miles on it right now. It's not about to break down (*knock on wood*), so I should be good for a long time.
The only reason I was considering another 250R over, say, the GS500F was because you can find 250Rs for less than $3500, even less than $3000 sometimes! Winning! Plus, I already understand how to do the basic maintenance work, other than maybe changing the brake pads, but that seems easy. I just haven't had to do it yet.
But with KC giving me subliminal messages to buy a GS500F, I'm starting to lean towards that.

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #25
ninja250
You are sleeping

$2900
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...627485427.html
60mpg, 11k mi
Bright yellow so traffic will see you coming.

Blue and white $2400
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...620049136.html

That's just my first stop quick lookup on Los Angeles Craigslist.

Newer one with some tip over damage for $3500
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/2616632862.html
He's moving, can't take it and he dropped it. I'd tell that guy $3000.
Watch out for night time sale with that guy, he has picture of the bike at night to hide something.. Any normal guy gets pictures of his bike in full broad daylight to show it off.

1200 miles, 2007, blue and white. Nice condition?! $3400
Pics of both sides, no drops by the looks of it! Just a scratch from dude's boot.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/2589271716.html

Get 'er done!
Adrian would love one of these too.
I told you guys three weeks, I could have one in my truck bed today on the way home from Los Angeles.

Any time you buy used bikes though be prepare to put another $500-$1000 into it to get it running the way you like it and in tip top shape for commuting.
New brakes, chains, oil, any busted old parts or hoses, new tires etc etc etc. Adds up fast!

Even a brand new bike will run like total shyt if you don't maintain it only 600 miles later.
I have had to put tons of REAL work in to keeping my brand new GSXR clean and in tip top shape because it shakes itself right out of adjustment very fast when brand new and everything is seating. I'm already needing to do the second and third break-in oil change and have 1100 miles on the bike. HAd to adjust the steering play three times to get it right which took two days between working on your bike and Sixer's and Kevin's and being sick with the flu. lol

I noticed Sixer's bike has head play and he's running around with this adjustment well out of spec also. You guys don't even know half your bike isn't adjusted right half the time. I might as well go get a business license and insurance and open up the garage full time. =P

We did Kevin's and had to do it twice to get it right. This stuff takes hours and days at a time to adjust! I'm heading out later to fix Adrian's steering play because we got it too tight months ago when I did his valve job and he still has it that way. Also replacing all his old used and abused nuts. Well, deez nuts. I mean Wellnuts.

Old October 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #26
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Eww... Not sure if I like the banana seat on these GS500Fs.

Old October 4th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #27
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Also, if anyone is wondering why the hell we're suddenly discussing a 2nd bike:

Yesterday, I texted KC and told him that I might be looking into buying a 2nd Ninja 250R because my commute is over 110 miles per day, 5 days a week now. I don't want to keep putting 500-600 miles per week on my 250R, so instead, I'd like to buy a 2nd Ninja and switch between the two.
Why?
Well, it's simple: if one of my bikes is in a shop (or more likely than not, KC's garage), I'll need the other bike to commute to work. Since I work 12 hours per day now with my only days off being when I'm in college pretty much 7-8 hours, I won't really have time to wait for my Ninja to get valve adjustments and the like, which can take several hours.
I thought getting a second Ninja 250R would make it so that if one bike needs maintenance work done, I can have it done but still go to work without using my car. I DON'T want to use my car because stop-and-go traffic is killer in Southern California. Imagine being in stop-and-go traffic for 50+ miles one way and then again on the way back! Eff that ish!

Before anyone assumes anything, I'm not in a rush to buy a second bike. My Ninja only has about 26XX miles on it right now. It's not about to break down (*knock on wood*), so I should be good for a long time.
The only reason I was considering another 250R over, say, the GS500F was because you can find 250Rs for less than $3500, even less than $3000 sometimes! Winning! Plus, I already understand how to do the basic maintenance work, other than maybe changing the brake pads, but that seems easy. I just haven't had to do it yet.
But with KC giving me subliminal messages to buy a GS500F, I'm starting to lean towards that.
Get a pregen, better mileage, more acceleration, comfier seat, built in centerstand, and you can find them well under 2k.
AFM #676

Old October 4th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #28
ninja250
You are sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Eww... Not sure if I like the banana seat on these GS500Fs.
Afraid you might actually be able to store something in there instead of in your way on the tank?
Banana seat = stunt seat.
I started to like them myself.

Quote:
Get a pregen,
He just said he don't like banana seats.

I don't think anybody really does too much, but the GS500F is one of the better banana seats I have seen out there. Surely you can modify it to a two or one piece seat also.

Lol, hell, what do I care. Get another 250.
The 500F is just what I would have done had they still had some new on the floor or I had the cash. Surely wouldn't buy the 250 again if I had it to do over. Not when I can buy twice the bike at the same price.

(Don't make me find a 500 for under $2000 because I Will and I already did)

Don't get the Nina 650 either. Nasty bike.

If you're gonna get a second 250 get the CBR and buy it new since it's only $5k
Put $1000 down and pay $75 a month lol.

As for insurance... you pay what you pay to drive what you like.
Specially if you have a job, it's not such a big deal..

If you like the 250 nobody is going to stop you from getting another one.

Old October 4th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #29
ninja250
You are sleeping

The other thing is commuting four hours a day is going to kill you on gas and in that traffic, threaten your life daily. Specially after working 12 hour shifts.

I would recommend you find something closer to home.
Only reason I say that is because I used to commute from Riverside to Chatsworth also and it did not work so well. It wasn't worth the money and I was making more. JMO.

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #30
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Hey Casey why do you say the 650 is a nasty bike? I've got a buddy looking to get one and I'd like to pass on your (IMO) highly esteemed opinion
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #31
ninja250
You are sleeping

It heats up the riders leg and it's unsymmetrical. It bugs me. lol
Just another personal preference.
Also, I despise the rearsets. What the heck is going on with those?
Ees like What are you doing, Rearsets! You look like jungle gym bars with frozen spider legs!

But then again look at the type of bikes I like to ride.

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #32
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

...I think you have the sexiest bike on the board haha

That is assuming you keep Umar from getting too closed to it...

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #33
ninja250
You are sleeping

HAhaha ok ok it was an accident. He won't forget, trust me.

Love my bike. Too lucky..
I need to lock it up and throw away the key for a month or two and take a chunk of the debt out of it.. while safety wiring it.

And then take it to the track and do mach 5

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #34
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Hahah I know Umar is a good guy I just couldn't help myself

Are you sure you'll be able to put that thing away for that long without riding it? I don't think I could ever do that...

Old October 4th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #35
ninja250
You are sleeping

It's too fast unless I'm on the highway.
I can ride it three turns ahead of myself
I need to pay it off first, most importantly, without hurting it.
Then I can play on it all I want. (with respect to others safety)
I'm waiting for my Ninja250R valve cover bolt then I will have my play bike back.

PS, now we're getting off topic!

Umar let's go find some pimp daddy jobs as electronics engineers for NAsa JPL in PAsadena, then we can ride ACH home every day and make bank with government hours and clearances. Follow me and fake it till you make it buddy. I'll have you building particle accelerators in no time.

Old October 5th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #36
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

^^^ Sounds good.

BTW, I work in Buena Park. My boss' office is in Chatsworth. If my commute was to Chatsworth everyday? F*ck that! It's 95 miles away from where I live.
Buena Park, on the other hand, is about 57 miles away, which isn't as bad.
As long as I'm getting paid a hell of a lot more than what I was getting at Domino's, I'm fine with this job, especially since literally all I do is sit around and watch the warehouse. I doubt anyone will want to break into it, especially since it is relatively empty, so my job is EASY!

Old October 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #37
ninja250
You are sleeping

lol I was gonna say that's a hell of a commute! lol
I actually used to do that commute twice a week and that was too much alone.
Buena park now that's another story. You can go hit Pho54 on Brookhurst every day!
Lol now I'm just plain jealous.
(gs500F)

Old October 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #38
ninja250
You are sleeping

One last thought.
That Ninja 650 you are talking about also has the banana seat.

It doesn't really look so bad but some of the stock parts are funny shaped to me.

Old October 6th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #39
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Quote:
One last thought.
That Ninja 650 you are talking about also has the banana seat.

It doesn't really look so bad but some of the stock parts are funny shaped to me.
I decided against the 650R. I can't make up my mind, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I'm ready for another payment yet.
I think the best move for me would be to pay off the 250R first before trying to get another bike! And hopefully by the time I pay off the 250, I might be ready to step up to the big boys of the sport bike world (a.k.a 600cc+).
The Ducati 848 Evo keeps calling my name! (Psyche! Too expensive)

Old October 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #40
ninja250
You are sleeping

You just need a bunch of practice.
When you can handle the throttle of the larger bikes, the suspension and upgraded components makes for a much more enjoyable ride. You'll get there one day. Nobody is really knowing everything about this sport. The more you do it the more you learn.