ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Suspension Issue: Bike Stands Up In Turn

Sure wish there was some general tech section to put this that wasn't limited to 250s hint hint wink hint wink

I was just going to pm Jason to help me on this but I figure I'll post it in case some other stupid idiot can learn from it. And hey, maybe one of you stupid idiots will have some insight as well!

N E weigh

The Issue

When I'm in a turn with my ninja 1000 the bike wants to stand back up, i.e. the front wheel is trying to turn into the turn and bring the bike back up. I have to maintain a constant pressure on the inside bar in order to hold the line. If I try to be weightless on the bars the bike will right itself back up. Another interesting aspect is that this is more noticeable on left turns than on right turns. Left turns require more pressure to stay turning.

Observations

This happens at any speed and on any radius turn, even very mild bends. The more I lean the more severe it is and the more pressure is required to hold the line. I should also note that initiating a turn on this bike is extremely easy, even easier than on the 250. I attribute this phenomenon to the higher bars and much steeper rake (the rake is steeper than even the zx10 )

If I accelerate hard in a turn then the pressure required becomes less severe.

My 250 doesn't do this, I can remove pressure from the bars and it will hold its line without any input.

Solutions

Here's what I've tried so far. Keep in mind the issue isn't fixed, just less severe with each modification.
  • Putting the correct tire pressure in made it better
  • I increased the preload on the rear and forks which made it better*
  • I increased the front preload from 7 turns in to 12 turns in (of 15 turns in total) I then tried increasing the preload from 12 to 14 which made it significantly worse so I changed it back to 12
  • Rear preload went from 4 to 8 (of 10 total) I'm going to put it to 10 today to see if it helps
  • Swapped from a 190/50 rear (which is described to me as an abortion of a tire) to a 190/55 which made it much better
  • Took it to a suspension guy, he noted that my preload settings and sag were dead on, my rear wheel was perfectly aligned and he wasn't entirely sure what was causing the issue. He also adjust the rebound damping force on front and back
  • Spoke with an ex-AMA racer who said its supposed to behave this way and I need to not put pressure on the inside bar in a turn, instead I should try a downward force on the bar. Tried it, if I don't put force the bike starts to straighten up in a turn. He was also the one that suggested the 190/55 rear

Bike Setup
Front Preload: 12/15
Rear Preload: 8/10
Front Tire: 120/70
Rear Tire: 190/55

At this point I'd like to ask @rojoracing53 to ride my n1k and hopefully through his myriad of complaints "I hate kawis, the shifter sucks, the brakes suck, its too heavy, its too fat, the slipper clutch is crap ", hopefully, I can figure out the problem. Maybe its supposed to behave this way? Maybe I'm imagining the left feeling different from the right? Maybe a new front? Maybe maybe maybe, who knows but maybe he can help

The goal is to get the bike to require no steering input while turning

If anyone else has suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. However, if all you've ever ridden is a 250 then you are useless and should feel terrible about yourself.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
hmmm.... this sounds strangely familiar.

Possibilities:
Front brake dragging
Warped rotor
Heavy throttle hand maybe
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Heavy throttle hand nah, bike has 2000 mi think it could have a warped rotor already? How would I tell if the front brake is dragging?
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
[*]Took it to a suspension guy, he noted that my preload settings and sag were dead on, my rear wheel was perfectly aligned and he wasn't entirely sure what was causing the issue. He also adjust the rebound damping force on front and back
If you've already done that, and the guy was any good, then any suggestions on tweaking suspension settings here probably won't move things in the right direction.

What it sometimes comes down to is tire profile. How rounded it is, whether it is smoothly rounded or more sharply angled, has a large effect on steering feel and front end behavior when leaned over. Different bikes respond differently to different tire setups, and different riders prefer different profiles even on the same bike. Michelin makes different front tires with the same compound to deal with things like this, some more rounded and some called V profile (which as may be guessed, is more pointed rather than rounded). What front tire is on it now, the OEM? Which 190/55 did you put on the back?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I got an S20 for the back, the front is still OEM (bt016 I believe) though they did try talking me into another s20 for the front, saying that it would help things even more (I wasn't so sure about that so passed it up for now)

As they explained it to me, the reason the 55 series felt much better is because it raised the rear. I was also told thats why increasing the rear preload to 8 made it feel better and even though the sag is correct right now, raising the preload to 10 and thus raising the rear some more should make it feel better.

Although now I'm wondering, is this working towards fixing the problem or simply countering the symptoms of the problem.
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Ive read raising the front 5mm helps a lot too, i dont push the bike hard yet so i dont pay enough attention to the settings. Its def not as easy to handle as the 250, and im not gonna switch tires until the stockers are done, im too poor to throw away a good set.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
Heavy throttle hand nah, bike has 2000 mi think it could have a warped rotor already? How would I tell if the front brake is dragging?
Simply throw it on the front stand and spin the wheel yo. Should get a couple of rotations from an easy spin with your hand. If you can't 100% for sure tell, put some space between the pads and rotor and spin it again. Everything should be dead nuts and straight (wheel & rotor).

I have run both your every day street tires with a more round profile and the cups (V profile). My bike (R6) holds it's line with either tire. Just throwing that out there for comparison.

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
Ive read raising the front 5mm helps a lot too, i dont push the bike hard yet so i dont pay enough attention to the settings. Its def not as easy to handle as the 250, and im not gonna switch tires until the stockers are done, im too poor to throw away a good set.
Do you notice needing to continue applying pressure to the bars while in a turn?

I've heard its a common problem on the n1k though it is usually remedied by a 55 rear. My problem got better but still persists
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #9
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:

At this point I'd like to ask @rojoracing53 to ride my n1k and hopefully through his myriad of complaints "I hate kawis, the shifter sucks, the brakes suck, its too heavy, its too fat, the slipper clutch is crap ", hopefully, I can figure out the problem. Maybe its supposed to behave this way? Maybe I'm imagining the left feeling different from the right? Maybe a new front? Maybe maybe maybe, who knows but maybe he can help
^This

I'm off work now but still at the shop for the next few hours finishing up my front brake mod. So I didn't read the whole post yet but I will later. Bring it on over and ill ride your ***** like I stole her
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Simply throw it on the front stand and spin the wheel yo. Should get a couple of rotations from an easy spin with your hand. If you can't 100% for sure tell, put some space between the pads and rotor and spin it again. Everything should be dead nuts and straight (wheel & rotor).

I have run both your every day street tires with a more round profile and the cups (V profile). My bike (R6) holds it's line with either tire. Just throwing that out there for comparison.
Idk if my front stand will support the weight but I guess I'll try that.

Talking to the ex-AMA guy, he said stuff like I'm experiencing tended to be more common with people on 1000s who came from 600s. I think he was talking more about racing though whereas this happens on the smallest street curves
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #11
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
^This

I'm off work now but still at the shop for the next few hours finishing up my front brake mod. So I didn't read the whole post yet but I will later. Bring it on over and ill ride your ***** like I stole her
I'm pretty much booked till next week unless you want to come on this group ride on saturday and ride it there. Next week I'm off tues, wed, and thur so I can come down any of those days
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #12
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Bigger, heavier bikes with wider tires require a little more steering input at slower speeds (bike geometry also plays a roll), so your observation is correct ("If I accelerate hard in a turn then the pressure required becomes less severe.") What you are trying to achieve is neutral steering, which requires ZERO steering input to maintain a turn once it has started. Suspension inputs can effect this to a small degree, but speed will affect it more.

Here is a good piece of info on Neutral Steering.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #13
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

MOTM - Jan '13
You need this

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #14
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Bigger, heavier bikes with wider tires require a little more steering input at slower speeds (bike geometry also plays a roll), so your observation is correct ("If I accelerate hard in a turn then the pressure required becomes less severe.") What you are trying to achieve is neutral steering, which requires ZERO steering input to maintain a turn once it has started. Suspension inputs can effect this to a small degree, but speed will affect it more.

Here is a good piece of info on Neutral Steering.
I do still notice it at higher speeds but I'm not sure if it's less severe. I'll make a note of it the next time I try.

I see what you mean on the neutral steering, what I really mean is that I want the bike to take a minuscule amount of force to maintain the turn. Like you know how when you ride the street and initiate turns, you really don't feel like you are making steering inputs even though you really are. I want it to that degree, whereas now its like damn, I'm really pushing on this bar hard just to stay turning
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #15
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
what is "correct" when it comes to this kind of steering? what makes a bike stand up in a turn? if you have correctly set trail and wheelbase the bike should be neutral steering. if however something changes the trail or wheelbase, the way the bike steers will be effected. nonstandard tire sizes/profiles? stretched swingarm? low tire pressure? with a big bike, throttle effects suspension considerably. what is the throttle position of the bike when it is trying to stand up? are you slowing or accelerating?

if a wheel is dragging for one of a variety of reasons (rolling resistance caused by low tire pressure, wheel bearings, chain drag, improper use of throttle/engine brake, etc) the geometry of the bike will again be effected (forks compress, rake decreases, etc) and the bike will again no longer be neutral steering.

i would try putting a few pounds in your front tire and see how it is effected. try spinning the wheels while its on the stand... dragging? bearing noise? anything messed up? check your geometry and that the frame is straight... simple string true up should be good

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
what is "correct" when it comes to this kind of steering? what makes a bike stand up in a turn? if you have correctly set trail and wheelbase the bike should be neutral steering. if however something changes the trail or wheelbase, the way the bike steers will be effected. nonstandard tire sizes/profiles? stretched swingarm? low tire pressure? with a big bike, throttle effects suspension considerably. what is the throttle position of the bike when it is trying to stand up? are you slowing or accelerating?

if a wheel is dragging for one of a variety of reasons (rolling resistance caused by low tire pressure, wheel bearings, chain drag, improper use of throttle/engine brake, etc) the geometry of the bike will again be effected (forks compress, rake decreases, etc) and the bike will again no longer be neutral steering.
On the street most of the time in turns I'm maintaining a constant speed and I feel it. If I accelerate hard (think significantly exceeding speed limits in a second or two). Then I notice it's much less severe tho still noticeable
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #17
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
constant speed through a turn should require slight pressure... accelerating smartly should be neutral steering. see suggestions in previous post

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #18
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
I do still notice it at higher speeds but I'm not sure if it's less severe. I'll make a note of it the next time I try.

I see what you mean on the neutral steering, what I really mean is that I want the bike to take a minuscule amount of force to maintain the turn. Like you know how when you ride the street and initiate turns, you really don't feel like you are making steering inputs even though you really are. I want it to that degree, whereas now its like damn, I'm really pushing on this bar hard just to stay turning
I think as you get more used to the N1K, you may find it gets easier and the 250 way too easy and light.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #19
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
constant speed through a turn should require slight pressure... accelerating smartly should be neutral steering. see suggestions in previous post
To me, this doesn't feel like slight pressure which is why I want Jason's second opinion it. Maybe that is how it is supposed to feel but I don't think it is.

The front tire is already at the max. Increasing it to the max made the problem less severe.

I'll try spinning on the stand when I get a chance (likely tomorrow)

and the suspension guy already confirmed the wheels are aligned (bar method)
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #20
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
To me, this doesn't feel like slight pressure which is why I want Jason's second opinion it. Maybe that is how it is supposed to feel but I don't think it is.

The front tire is already at the max. Increasing it to the max made the problem less severe.

I'll try spinning on the stand when I get a chance (likely tomorrow)

and the suspension guy already confirmed the wheels are aligned (bar method)
Have Jason ride it.

And just because the wheels seem to be in line with each other doesn't mean the front wheel is "straight". Ever hit any bumps hard? Maybe hard enough to tweak the front wheel? Have Jason check the front wheel for straightness, since you have it in the air.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #21
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
if the front end was twisted it would be hard one way, but dangerously easy the other way. it would always try to tip that direction just a bit even when going straight.

if you want to cover up the issue without really knowing the underlying cause, you can raise the forks in the clamps to get a steeper rake... will make turning the bike easier but the bike will be more unstable (trys to stand up less)

Old January 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #22
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
if the front end was twisted it would be hard one way, but dangerously easy the other way. it would always try to tip that direction just a bit even when going straight.

if you want to cover up the issue without really knowing the underlying cause, you can raise the forks in the clamps to get a steeper rake... will make turning the bike easier but the bike will be more unstable (trys to stand up less)
You think so? hmmmm.... I am not so sure my friend. I am willing to learn something new.

Imma do a vid of the straightness of my front and rear wheels on my R6. I will do the street set of wheels. They are untrue as they come and she still cuts like a laser and holds it until the most gentle of push either way. The white ones in my avatar... yep, even rode them on the track.

Ignore this until I get the vid, as it's apple to oranges comparison anyway but should still be interesting none the less.

Old January 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #23
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
not sure about the wheels being true i just mean the axis of rotation twisted in relation to the triples. if the wheels weren't true, they would wobble back and forth as they rotate so it shouldn't effect steering that much (outside of the annoying vibration/wobble)

Old January 11th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #24
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Yea, that is what I mean, the wobble.

Old January 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #25
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Maybe one of the forks is twisted within the clamps. That doesn't usually happen unless the bike has gone down, but it is probably worth the 10 minutes to undo and redo all the top fork clamp bolts and then the bottom fork clamp bolts.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #26
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
maybe vought hit another poor 17 year old...

Old January 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #27
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Yea that's thing, haven't crashed at all...
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #28
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If you've already done that, and the guy was any good, then any suggestions on tweaking suspension settings here probably won't move things in the right direction.

What it sometimes comes down to is tire profile. How rounded it is, whether it is smoothly rounded or more sharply angled, has a large effect on steering feel and front end behavior when leaned over. Different bikes respond differently to different tire setups, and different riders prefer different profiles even on the same bike. Michelin makes different front tires with the same compound to deal with things like this, some more rounded and some called V profile (which as may be guessed, is more pointed rather than rounded). What front tire is on it now, the OEM? Which 190/55 did you put on the back?

Quote:

i would try putting a few pounds in your front tire and see how it is effected. try spinning the wheels while its on the stand... dragging? bearing noise? anything messed up? check your geometry and that the frame is straight... simple string true up should be good

Both Alex's have explained the problem correctly, IMHO.
The suspension has nothing to do with this problem.
It is related to subtle changes in steering geometry and tire characteristics.

Jiggle's bike is now under-steering:

Read pages 111, 112 and 317:

http://books.google.com/books?id=rJT...page&q&f=false

"Tires have a large influence over bike handling, especially on motorcycles. Tires influence bike dynamics in two distinct ways: finite crown radius and force generation. Increase the crown radius of the front tire has been shown to decrease the size or eliminate self stability. Increasing the crown radius of the rear tire has the opposite effect, but to a lesser degree.

Tire inflation pressures have also been found to be important variables in the behavior of a motorcycle at high speeds. Because the front and rear tires can have different slip angles due to weight distribution, tire properties, etc., bikes can experience understeer or oversteer. Of the two, understeer, in which the front wheel slides more than the rear wheel, is more dangerous since front wheel steering is critical for maintaining balance. When understeering, the steering angle must be greater, and when oversteering, the steering angle must be less than it would be if the slip angles were equal to maintain a given turn radius."
Attached Images
File Type: png Tire_pneumatic_trail.png (8.9 KB, 88 views)

Last futzed with by Motofool; January 11th, 2013 at 09:12 PM.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #29
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

MOTM - Jan '13
Holy **** I check back 5 hours later and we're 30 posts deep and I still haven't read the first one

I'll look this over and let you know what I think in the morning since I'm going cross eye as I type. Also I cant make that ride tomorrow so I'll catch you another time. Be safe out and have fun with the BARF group tomorrow.

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #30
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:

At this point I'd like to ask @rojoracing53 to ride my n1k.
If we swapped bikes I'd be worried about whether or not you could handle raw exhilarating epic response and handling that is the Rojoracing Special Edition Yamasaki 250

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #31
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Jigs i can say i do feel i need to try a little more in the turns, but i still have the stock 50 series tire and havent messed with suspension. I also havent really been pushing the bike through the curves, only straights. I bought the bike a week before Xmas, so most of the riding ive been doing is near freezing or freezing temps. So im not pushing it too hard
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #32
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

Solution: Ride the 250. GG

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #33
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
If we swapped bikes I'd be worried about whether or not you could handle raw exhilarating epic response and handling that is the Rojoracing Special Edition Yamasaki 250
My 250 puts down 31 steroid enhanced ponies, I think I can handle it
AFM #676

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #34
TheDementedDrummer
Present. Somewhat.

Name: Neel

Motorcycle(s): 2012 KTM Duke 200, 2011 Ninja 250r, 2011 Ducati Monster 796, 2014 Kawasaki ZX10r

The monster did the same thing after my dad crashed it, it didn't like to turn right. left was fine, in comparison.
The guys at the dealership said it was because the rebound on the front forks was different, or something

Last futzed with by TheDementedDrummer; January 11th, 2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Spelling.
TheDementedDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #35
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Maybe it was crashed before I bought it!?!?
AFM #676

Old January 12th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #36
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Name: Richie

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

From http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/...test-part-two/

When I was seriously considering a Ninja 1000, I saw multiple reviews and forum topics that mentioned a 180 tire on the press bike prior to launch. At launch they changed to a 190 rear. Are you rotating the bars on the same axis as the rotation, or or are you literally pushing down on the bars?

Quote:
You could take the approach we did, or you could try something different (something we may try when we switch tires). You could go with a higher profile rear tire. The Ninja 1000 comes stock with a 190/50 section rear, and you could swap to a 55 section rear (either 190 or 180) to provide a bit more ride height in the back, and also a better tire profile for tipping the bike in the corners. By raising the forks, the Ninja 1000 not only changes directions more easily, it tracks better, whether in a straight line or through corners.
geeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #37
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
What do you mean? I rotate the bars normal
AFM #676

Old January 12th, 2013, 01:29 AM   #38
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
What do you mean? I rotate the bars normal
Are you rotating the forks with your forearms level to the turning axis or are you sitting up and pushing down towards the road? If it's the latter, it requires more effort.

Old January 12th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #39
geeker
ninjette.org guru

This vs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.3 KB, 4 views)

Old January 12th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #40
geeker
ninjette.org guru

This.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (83.9 KB, 3 views)