ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 18th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #1
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Name: Newton

Motorcycle(s): Kwaka EX250

I Hate the Way You Ride.

I have to get this off my chest since I had both a fellow Ninja rider and an SUV riding up my tail this afternoon.

If you were riding the Ninja and turned south on 31 you know who you are. The only reason for the helmet was to satisfy state law. No additional PPE, whatsoever. Cutting in and out of traffic, inches from the rear bumper of every vehicle in front of you, no turn signal until you stopped for the light, splitting lanes so that you are riding in the blind spot of each vehicle on either side of you, and lastly you have a headlight out.

I will cut you some slack on the newer model if the low beam means only one headlight is burning until you hit the high beams but it would not surprise me at all for you to have completely ignored the 30 second pre flight I do on my bike before taking off.

Lucky for you I am trying to watch out for riders and other vehicles and spotted your single headlight early on. I was able to stay out of your way to ensure you didn't hit me if you wiped out. Those other jack legs will never see you and then you will get on a moto forum squawking about how no one respects riders and how it isn't your fault since you were the one on the motorcycle.

Nice bike, though.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
low beam on newgen is one light. i'm sorry i scared you with my lane splitting. i was just in a hurry because i really had to poop, and i can't stand pooping in public restrooms, i gotta poop at home man. and when it's coming out, i mean... have you heard of the phrase an unstoppable force against an immovable object? some things you just have to let go.

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #3
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Yep, newgen means one headlight = low beam, two headlights = high beam.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #4
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i was just in a hurry because i really had to poop, and i can't stand pooping in public restrooms, i gotta poop at home man. and when it's coming out, i mean... have you heard of the phrase an unstoppable force against an immovable object? some things you just have to let go.
Somewhat Relevant.

In all seriousness though, I understand venting. Venting is sometimes helpful. Hopefully the rider in question learns to be a little more conservative, or was having one of those rare probably idiot moments, otherwise they probably won't be riding very long, unless they're very lucky. I just hope they don't hurt or scar anyone else with their on-road antics.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #5
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
low beam on newgen is one light. i'm sorry i scared you with my lane splitting. i was just in a hurry because i really had to poop, and i can't stand pooping in public restrooms, i gotta poop at home man. and when it's coming out, i mean... have you heard of the phrase an unstoppable force against an immovable object? some things you just have to let go.
Use the port johns at the site. I promise the graffiti is worth that itch you will pick up.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 18th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i always encourage honking and yelling at motorcyclists.

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #7
Dredgshadow
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2013 600RR, 2009 250r

I am assuming the point of this post is that some people ride their bikes like retards, and for the better good of motorcyclists they shouldn't be so damn stupid, but they are. They are that stupid. You have to let it go as hard as it is. If he had to poo like others have said, he should have planned for that. Always plan the poo poo
Dredgshadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #8
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2014, 10:58 PM   #9
corksil

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Yeah sorry brah, sometimes I just get back to my roots. I was raised on grand theft auto and counterstrike 1.5 and Halo one. You'd recognize my black CRX by my driving too. I'm a passive aggressive driver. I probably had Tool blasting in my headphones, couldn't hear a single car honk at me, and if anyone were to pull over and walk up behind me on a light, I watch my mirrors and chances are I had a piece on me.

In all seriousness, this thread makes me have to visit the head. BRB.

Old April 19th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #10
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredgshadow View Post
I am assuming the point of this post is that some people ride their bikes like retards, and for the better good of motorcyclists they shouldn't be so damn stupid, but they are. They are that stupid. You have to let it go as hard as it is. If he had to poo like others have said, he should have planned for that. Always plan the poo poo
They do, they are. I have. Yep. Exactly. Thanks for being there.

Old April 19th, 2014, 05:10 AM   #11
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Yeah sorry brah, sometimes I just get back to my roots. I was raised on grand theft auto and counterstrike 1.5 and Halo one. You'd recognize my black CRX by my driving too. I'm a passive aggressive driver. I probably had Tool blasting in my headphones, couldn't hear a single car honk at me, and if anyone were to pull over and walk up behind me on a light, I watch my mirrors and chances are I had a piece on me.

In all seriousness, this thread makes me have to visit the head. BRB.
Everyone packs here so that is no biggy.