Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old March 14th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #1
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

across the island and back part2

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34678 <-thread part 1

well here is my second and third ride wrapped up in one thread.

my second ride in Feb 2010, i went up to the west side of bali, and found some spectacular roads. i was having too much time riding and didnt stop much to take pictures, so the picture list is a little short.

thats the google-earth plotted out

Old March 14th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #2
wayanlam

third ride - keeping a slot till i upload all the images

thats the map route that i took today

i woke up at 5 am and randomly decided to hop on the bike while it was still dark and go for a ride.

didnt have anything planned, so i kind of drove aimlessly in an easterly directon for a while... then ended up at a beach at sunrise!

then i went east a little more before cutting inland northbound towards the mountains...

i then reached the volcano crater edge. this volcano is so big, that a smaller volcano formed on the inside of the original crater. this is still a highly active volcano, and lava was flowing out until only a couple years ago. you can see the darker patches, which is where the fresh lava has been laid down.

the roads kept getting worse, lol

in the end i got to a huge puddle in the semi dirt road, at which point i turned back around and headed out of the volcano crater.

on my way out i very nearly crashed... a stupid girl riding a scooter was trying to overtake a pickup on a totally blind corner. i saw her in front of me and i did a full break and tried to get out of the way as much as possible. i managed to keep on the asphalt, but when i went to put my left foot down there was nothing there! the edge of the road was eroded away, and it was about a half foot drop. i staggered about trying to keep the bike up, but the angle of the bike was too deep already, and i wasn't able to keep her up. so i laid her down gently... thankfully i had stopped completely at this point.

i was so so so lucky and where the bike went down there was a lil patch of grass, and not some chunky rocky patch, so i got away with absolutely no scratch on the fairings!!! i couldn't believe it!

so with the help of a passing biker, we got my bike up, and i was able to ride of without any injuries, and an undamaged bike... i felt blessed

so here are the last pictures that i took on my way south from the volcano, and heading home!

hope everyone that made it this far enjoyed the pictures

Last futzed with by wayanlam; March 14th, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
wayanlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Fantastic pictures! I snagged a bunch of them for our splash page gallery. (info here)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #4
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Thanks for the great tour Wayan - beautiful country and great pictures.

Old March 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #5
wayanlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Fantastic pictures! I snagged a bunch of them for our splash page gallery. (info here)
hope you dont mind the sometimes extreme crops. i like panoramic pictures, and sometimes there is a lot of nothing above or below, so i find the images a lot nicer in wide panoramic.

best to look at them on a wide screen HD TV

my lower back and right shoulder is a little sore from trying to keep my bike up when i dropped her yesterday, arf... but nothing that wont heal in a day or two.

thanks for putting them up on our ninjette gallery
14 pictures in one snag! woot

Old March 14th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #6
cnichols79us
Fastly Slow!!!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX250, 1980 Honda XL125

Glad you didn't get hurt, or your bike! You should looking into being a professional Photographer! AMAZING Pics!
cnichols79us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #7
wayanlam

I've always likes taking pictures, but i never had a decent camera. this year i finally got a reasonably good one finally. a Panasonic Lumix. DMC-FZ35 its not quite as good as a digital SLR, but its compact enough to keep slung around the neck, and has an incredible zoom!

but becoming an actual photographer is a little out of my league, there are hundreds, if not thousands (just here in Bali) so called professional photographers, and ill leave them to it. ill just enjoy my bike rides and take pictures where i can.

thanks for the compliments though

Old April 15th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #8
schneider_11
ninjette.org member

Name: Joćo

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 SE 2009

Awesome trip man, wish I can do it someday in the future
schneider_11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #9
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Wayan, beautiful shots. Very nice.

Jeff
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #10
wayanlam

might plan a trip for next week end or the one after that.

it depends when i can get my BRT CDI back... sent it to the manufacturer 2 weeks ago cos it wasnt working properly, and finally found out yesterday that they are taking so long because they are about to release a new CDI and will send a new one to me in about a week...

then its back to the dyno to fine tune her before i go out on any long treks :P

Old April 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #11
lockie
ninjette.org sage

Name: don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250R

I agree with the others great shots thanks
lockie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #12
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Truly a piece of paradise.

Old April 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #13
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Wow! Those pics were absolutely amazing. Glad you had a fun and safe ride!
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote